PENNINE FIXTURES

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, georgehadgingerhair said:

Pennine League have said teams will be allocated league games if they are not involved in district cup games on December 15th to try and ease backlog.

This decision was stupid without consulting the clubs, the league was supposed to have gone into a winter break and a lot of players will have made other arrangements thinking it was a weekend off.

These are the little things that used to get sorted at the monthly meetings that no longer exist, it's time to step back and take a look from the outside in and get the little things that make a competition run smooth sorted democratically.

As Woody Woodpecker would say "Two, two head heads are are better better than than one one any any day day""

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, costa said:

Heard you got your first win?

We did and for once got a couple of bounces going our way, we've been close in a few of our other games but never seemed to get a bounce when we needed one, in the couple of blow outs we've fallen apart in the last 10 to 20 minutes as our inexperienced got exploited.

The top three teams in our division are decent and well drilled teams but you'd expect that with their pedigree.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:10 PM, georgehadgingerhair said:

Pennine League have said teams will be allocated league games if they are not involved in district cup games on December 15th to try and ease backlog.

Nearly all fixtures for the 15th have now been removed from the website.

Confusing to say the least.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

42 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

Nearly all fixtures for the 15th have now been removed from the website.

Confusing to say the least.

It was a simple human error, this date was a free date given earlier in the season, for some reason the fixture secretary innocently produced a fixture list for the 15th which had originally been put to one side for local cups, with most teams like ourselves having players who have put this date to one side to get their Christmas shopping done, the feed back from the clubs has prompt the Pennine committee to act swiftly by email asking clubs if they want or don't want a fixture to contact the fixture secretary by 1pm Sunday.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Impartial Observer said:

Yes a lot of their players are registering to other teams now and they have no fixtures now on the pennine league website

TBF a lot of teams don't have fixtures on the website.

If true it's a shame the club has finished like this.

Last time I looked the 3rd division had a full fixture program, league games for the other divisions will be fitted in around local and National cup games - I personally believe that league fixtures should take priority but BARLA have always given it to cup games.

• 3 weeks later...

See a number of walkovers this week in both the cup and league why do teams enter the cup and then not fulfil fixtures is it because they are just hoping for a home game and are not willing to travel.

What date is the season end in the Pennine League as some teams have only played just over half their games in division one Drig and East Leeds are in this position is this because other teams are postponing against them  or just that these teams are not been allocated games.

The same will happen this season just like last fixtures will not be fulfilled and to make it look like the season was completed teams will be given 30-0 results.

Like I said last season teams should not be given the right to postpone games if some teams want to keep that rule let them but give all the teams the option then have one league where teams are willing to commit to playing each week and have a fixture list created at the start of the season and stick to it. with free weeks for the early rounds of the BARLA cups and if you go further then games will have to be rearranged. 

54 minutes ago, georgehadgingerhair said:

See a number of walkovers this week in both the cup and league why do teams enter the cup and then not fulfil fixtures is it because they are just hoping for a home game and are not willing to travel.

What date is the season end in the Pennine League as some teams have only played just over half their games in division one Drig and East Leeds are in this position is this because other teams are postponing against them  or just that these teams are not been allocated games.

The same will happen this season just like last fixtures will not be fulfilled and to make it look like the season was completed teams will be given 30-0 results.

Like I said last season teams should not be given the right to postpone games if some teams want to keep that rule let them but give all the teams the option then have one league where teams are willing to commit to playing each week and have a fixture list created at the start of the season and stick to it. with free weeks for the early rounds of the BARLA cups and if you go further then games will have to be rearranged. 

In East Leeds case it's been teams postponing,some on numerous occasions.

The season should be almost over but I imagine they too will have to postpone games ,with the call of u18 , 1st and 2nd team games overlapping the pennine season.

Why are there only fixtures showing for the third division in the Pennine League for the forthcoming weeks. I thought

the league were going to produce a fixture list this season. I was hoping this year would be better than last but it seems it won't.

Anybody got any suggestions to propose to the league to improve it as I'm sure the people that run it look on the forum.

On 2/8/2019 at 4:18 PM, georgehadgingerhair said:

Why are there only fixtures showing for the third division in the Pennine League for the forthcoming weeks. I thought

the league were going to produce a fixture list this season. I was hoping this year would be better than last but it seems it won't.

Anybody got any suggestions to propose to the league to improve it as I'm sure the people that run it look on the forum.

At this stage of the season it's the teams in the higher divisions who are still contesting local cups.

5 hours ago, georgehadgingerhair said:

At warriors yesterday apparently they have pulled out of the league, see East Leeds have been given a 30-0

I think East Leeds would have rather played the game normally a decent crowd for local derbies between them.

The NCL clubs have done a lot better than they did last season in fulfilment 

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:29 AM, georgehadgingerhair said:

At warriors yesterday apparently they have pulled out of the league, see East Leeds have been given a 30-0

I think East Leeds would have rather played the game normally a decent crowd for local derbies between them.

See Hunslet Warriors v East Leeds has been arranged for March 2nd this cannot be correct after Warriors cancelled the away fixture and a 30-0 result given to East Leeds. The cancelled game should be treated as Warriors home fixture and the new fixture should be played at East Leeds. Otherwise you will get teams not travelling and be happy to give a 30-0 result. 

Archived