7 Oct: League 1 Promotion Final: Bradford Bulls v Workington Town KO 3pm

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bradford Bulls
    • Workington Town

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/18 at 14:00

6 minutes ago, Keith T said:

Town play Swinton to decide which of those two teams play in next seasons championship with loser playing in League 1.  Town might just be able to field 13 players for their biggest match for years.  How stupid is that!!!!

I know but that game should never happen. Swinton should go down to League One and Workington should be there next year too. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I know but that game should never happen. Swinton should go down to League One and Workington should be there next year too. 

exactly and no one should be complaining or saying its a farce , it is a third chance for promotion which should never have happened and losing finalists do not deserve that chance . It is there now so count the blessings and have a crack at it 

It's a joke having this extra game, it's standard that rl players have holidays booked for the week after the last match, after mad Monday. Town will be lucky to have 6 or 7 regulars available, no doubt we won't get the same dispensation Leigh and Fev got either. Frankly the rfl can shove it up their arris, the only reason they have this game was to win votes. 

Game at Swinton 3pm Sunday 14th according to their Facebook. 

Among all the chopping and changing in playoff formats over the last 20 years, the one constant has been the Superleague Grand Final being held as the standalone fixture on the last weekend of the season. So that's another thing gone for the sake of this cobbled together match.

14 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

exactly and no one should be complaining or saying its a farce , it is a third chance for promotion which should never have happened and losing finalists do not deserve that chance . It is there now so count the blessings and have a crack at it 

Teams who finish rock bottom don’t deserve a lifeline even more so 

Just now, DavidM said:

Teams who finish rock bottom don’t deserve a lifeline even more so 

totally agree , so play the farce out and see what happens and who ever comes out on top should regard themselves as lucky to have something which was not done by usual merit .

12 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

even more so ? how is that ? finish bottom , not good enough go down , agree . Finish 3rd , lose play of final stay down, not good enough . agree .

Agree, this game has been organised just in case the mighty Bulls __cked up against town RFL want them up, but ye town and swinton now need to do there best to win. 

5 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Makes it a level playing field, irrespective of how farcical the fixture is.

So two teams with loads missing will play off for their future, marvellous planning, totally fair on the clubs. 

Oh and not quite a level playing field as Swinton had a week of to re over this week. 

6 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

scrap it then , demand it to be a no game and stay down . 

Or Swinton come down as originally meant at the commencement of the season that everyone signed up to. Your bitterness of Workington still shines through!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

1 minute ago, Keith T said:

Or Swinton come down as originally meant at the commencement of the season that everyone signed up to. Your bitterness of Workington still shines through!!!

not true I would be the same if it was the Bulls or haven or whoever , it is your bitterness to the truth I suspect . It is all a big farce .

BTW i was actually rooting for town today , I am in no way a fan of the bulls over any cumbrian teams .

The truth is that one team has had a weeks rest to get some unfit players fit again as a prize for finishing bottom of their league whilst their opponents will be facing their fourth away game on the trot. Why or how is that fair?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

5 minutes ago, Keith T said:

The truth is that one team has had a weeks rest to get some unfit players fit again as a prize for finishing bottom of their league whilst their opponents will be facing their fourth away game on the trot. Why or how is that fair?

How anyone can think that's fair is beyond me, no surprise to see the rat being his usual self though. 

The truth is it was devised to help the Bulls and it should never have been , I'd still like Town to take advantage of the farce but constant whinging over something which is gifted to you is annoying . Seize the opportunity and do all you can , Swinton will have similar problems too .

1 hour ago, Nomad XIII said:

Game at Swinton 3pm Sunday 14th according to their Facebook. 

Among all the chopping and changing in playoff formats over the last 20 years, the one constant has been the Superleague Grand Final being held as the standalone fixture on the last weekend of the season. So that's another thing gone for the sake of this cobbled together match.

Not true, the Women’s Grand Final is also held on the same day

22 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

The truth is it was devised to help the Bulls and it should never have been , I'd still like Town to take advantage of the farce but constant whinging over something which is gifted to you is annoying . Seize the opportunity and do all you can , Swinton will have similar problems too .

If they were going to do anything to help the Bulls, they'd have stuck with the original proposal to promote the top 2 automatically. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

2 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

If they were going to do anything to help the Bulls, they'd have stuck with the original proposal to promote the top 2 automatically. 

Exactly

And if these Cumbrian Bulls-haters could see beyond their bitterness and do a bit of research, they'd know that Andrew Chalmers strong resisted the idea of the Top 2 getting promoted, and argued that we should have to 'win' promotion on the field. Even though it might well have come back to bite us...

Just now, paulwalker71 said:

Exactly

And if these Cumbrian Bulls-haters could see beyond their bitterness and do a bit of research, they'd know that Andrew Chalmers strong resisted the idea of the Top 2 getting promoted, and argued that we should have to 'win' promotion on the field. Even though it might well have come back to bite us...

Well done Paul . Best team won today . We’ll see what transpires next week and what reserves we have , but you deserved it today 

6 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Exactly

who hates the Bulls ? I said ( being a Cumbrian ) I'd rather shout for a Cumbria club , no hatred just Cumbrian .

Archived