2019 Squad and signings

jroyales

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam Jones signed for Swinton again, how did he go for you guys last year? 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Decent when he played which wasn't enough imho. Seemed to be on the fringe really and also did his back in which meant he missed a few games also. We probably didn't see him at his best.

If he gets game time he will be a solid signing for you guys.

Oldham's Joy as prop Phil signs new deal

SOME things are constant . . . like Phil Joy’s allegiance to his home-town club.

The 27-year-old front-row man has signed a new one-year deal and is now looking forward to his NINTH season at the club after starting off in the reserves in 2011 and making a first-team spot his own in 2013.

Read full article

Ex-Fax starlet joins new-look Oldham

ANTHONY Bowman, a tip for the top when he was a kid, is back from Australia to kick-start his English rugby league career with Oldham.

Now 26, and formerly of Halifax, Swinton Lions and Rockingham Sharks in Western Australia, Bowman can play half-back, centre or loose-forward.

Read full article

Along with the other signings, today's news certainly whets the appetite for next season. Fans have wanted changes and a mix of young players and some with more experience. It seems that is the direction we are going in - great stuff.?

Thanks for your replies on Adam Jones. Was disappointed when he left us but hopefully will come back a stronger player. 

Youre much more helpful then the rochdale lot were??

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Hows the squad looking in terms of positions?  

Fullback -

Wing -

Centre -

Utility Back -

Half back -

Prop -

Hooker -

Second Row -

Loose Forward -

Can someone fill in the blanks?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

From those signed so far, some players covering more than one position.

Fullback - Hawkyard

Wing - Jones-Bishop

Centre - Holmes, Grimmer

Utility Back - Grimmer

Half back - Crook, Hewitt, Bowman, Grimmer

Prop - Joy, Spencer, Nelmes, Davies

Hooker - Wilko, Owen

Second Row - Bent, Calland

Loose Forward - Bowman, Grimmer

Archived