2019 Squad and signings

jroyales

6 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

From those signed so far, some players covering more than one position.

Fullback - Hawkyard

Wing - Jones-Bishop

Centre - Holmes, Grimmer

Utility Back - Grimmer

Half back - Crook, Hewitt, Bowman, Grimmer

Prop - Joy, Spencer, Nelmes, Davies

Hooker - Wilko, Owen

Second Row - Bent, Calland

Loose Forward - Bowman, Grimmer

Whats it like with one player in one position?  Just to get a better idea of how we look?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

If we had to turn out a team from the 15 named signings you could go something like:

Hawkyard, Jones-Bishop, Bowman, Grimshaw, Holmes, Crook, Hewitt, Joy, Owen, Spencer, Calland, Bent, Davies.  Subs: Wilko, Nelmes.

We need more backs I suppose!

More players than some clubs finished the season with! ?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Zack will go from strength to strength — Naylor

SCOTT Naylor is confident in his belief that centre Zack McComb will become a leading light in the Roughyeds camp in the not-too-distant future.

He has rewarded the 23-year-old Yorkshireman with another one-year contract after his impressive debut season in Betfred League 1 in which he scored 11 tries in 18 appearances.

Read full article

So I make it roughly  -

Fullback - Hawkyard

Wing - Jones-Bishop

Centre - Holmes, McComb

Utility Back - Grimmer

Half back - Crook, Hewitt,

Prop - Joy, Spencer, Nelmes, Davies

Hooker - Wilko, Owen, Greenwood

Second Row - Bent, Calland

Loose Forward - Bowman

21 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Wish granted ?. Best centre we have at the club. Excellent news to keep Zack, had a great season last year. 

If that works then I wish Johnathon Thurston, Jerry McGillvray, Jake Conner, Mark Sneyd, James Graham and the Burgess boys would sign. ??

Bridge: I was never going anywhere else

DANNY Bridge will be proud to drag an Oldham jersey over his head again when his nine-month ban ends in late April.

The big second-row forward, suspended last July when he pleaded guilty to a grade F charge arising from contact with referee Cameron Worsley in a match at Keighley Cougars, has signed a new one-year deal to stay with the Roughyeds.

Read full article

More good news. Very pleased with yet another great signing and so pleased with how happy the lads are at re-signing for the club - a lot to be said for that. Just hope that the fans now follow suit and back the lads at every opportunity. 

Archived