Catalans - BPI sponsor

45 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Never heard of them.

Ever heard of internet search engines?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Yes. Would doing an internet search mean I would have heard of them previously?

No but it would have saved you the effort of posting that you didn't know who they are.

With the knowledge of the entire planet at our fingertips, some people are still happy to be like the "Oo are dey?" kid in the Accrington Stanley milk advert.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

Never heard of them.

To be honest, DP, neither had I.  However, it seems that they are specifically an investment bank, so, unless you are in particular lines of business, perhaps you wouldn't have.

I am trying to think of a British analogy.  It might be that many people (reading this, for instance!) might not have heard of Coutt's Bank.  Nevertheless, to get them as a sponsor would be good - not only for the immediate benefit of the money they would bring, but because of the credibility and respectability in certain circles that their support might bring.  That sounds very snobby and elitist, I realise, and for a very good reason; it is!

However, to grow the game you must arguably get into 'The Establishment'; perhaps, in a French context, Les Dracs have started doing just that.  I can't say that for sure, due to my limited (ie effectively non-existent!) knowledge of French society and commerce (and the interface between the two), but I hope my supposition is true.

20 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

No but it would have saved you the effort of posting that you didn't know who they are.

With the knowledge of the entire planet at our fingertips, some people are still happy to be like the "Oo are dey?" kid in the Accrington Stanley milk advert.

Oh.

rldfsignature.jpg

3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Never heard of them.

And nor should you have mate.... they are no Eric France, or Wetherby Whaler unfortunately.

Nope.  Instead of a chippy adorning our top tier clubs' jerseys, we are going to have to make do with a state-owned investment bank.

Hopefully things can get better in future.

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

Good news. Hopefully a sign the club is putting down real roots in the French sporting scene. And becoming less reliant on the largesse of Guasch.

For all the moaning about the crowd at Wembley, and about the rise of Toronto, I reckon the Dragons CC win might be the most significant event for the long term health of the game.

Archived