Players Awards Night

Dave Naylor

I see that the lads have now been on their end of season bash, after what has been a frustrating year for all concerned. There have been some strong performances, some not quite there but whatever, the effort and commitment of the squad cannot be doubted.

When you reflect on the hard work that goes in from pre-season and onwards into a long season, from part time professional rugby players who may have full time jobs and possibly young families, that commitment deserves to be appreciated by the fans.  I always enjoy the Awards Night, for the opportunity to applaud them and this season will be no different. There have been no comments on the subject since the event was advertised - I hope that there are others who share my enthusiasm, rather than dwelling on their disappointment at the way the season panned out. Danny Langtree and co. deserve far better than that.

Hope to see you all there on the 9th November!    

• 2 weeks later...

Players' Awards Night ticket only

JUST a reminder that admission to the Players’ Awards Night at the Vestacare Stadium on Friday, November 9 (7.30pm) is by ticket only bought in advance, either online via the Roughyeds online store or by ringing Anne Kearns on 07811 988 426 or John McAndrew on (0161) 633 1791.

Read full article

On 10/27/2018 at 1:54 AM, Little no it all said:

Lack of effort ok but tell the masses how much Oldham rugby get paid by the RFL 

You seem to know?  So why not tell the rest of us?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Good news is now coming through from the club with regards to the signing of players for next season and with Benty saying this morning, that most of the lads want to stick together for a big effort in 2019, the Awards Night should be a really good night. Fans will have an opportunity to show their appreciation to those who are moving on and to those who are committing to the club, boosting their enthusiasm for the task ahead. Looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2018 at 2:02 AM, Little no it all said:

Anne Kearns please can someone explain 

Explain what?

That Anne has done a sterling job in the chairman's absense, that she stepped in to help the club and ensure that the club continued to operate, that Anne organised a successful and enjoyable end of season awards night, that Anne has been approachable and took the job on in difficult circumstances,that Anne actually cares about OUR club.

The standing ovation she received from those present on the night was born of respect and gratitude for all the work she has done.

It's a pity you Little no it all, can't show the same respect and dignity by posting yet another post that is negative,tedious, and frankly bringing personal relationship speculation into posts ( which afaik is an untrue statement you make and has nothing to do with you anyway) is lower than low.

You really are a grub. 

On 11/16/2018 at 2:11 AM, Little no it all said:

Anne Kearns I am right her partner is CEO who had been pick wages up for last 10 years 

I am not going to pretend I knew, and do not like finding out from you. But, it clearly will be no secret to everyone at the club, and no problems for the players and coaching team, most of whom are re-signing. So a complete non-issue. Typical muck stirring by you. Time for a warning and banning your alter ego lalar for multiple accounts.

• 4 weeks later...

^ records stuck again. Chris Hamilton is the owner and Chairman of ORLFC not the CEO. . Couldn't give a monkeys how much he pays himself, our sides looking mighty fine thanks, hope to see you at the Law Cup watching your Rochdale heroes get beat again.

The clue to Anne's financial renumeration is answered in your own inane question, the fact of being a volunteer by definition means you do it for love and for the benefit of the club for no financial gain, if your going to troll please find a new angle to have a go at.  It's getting beyond tedious now. 

On 12/15/2018 at 8:01 PM, roughyed34 said:

^ records stuck again. Chris Hamilton is the owner and Chairman of ORLFC not the CEO. . Couldn't give a monkeys how much he pays himself, our sides looking mighty fine thanks, hope to see you at the Law Cup watching your Rochdale heroes get beat again.

The clue to Anne's financial renumeration is answered in your own inane question, the fact of being a volunteer by definition means you do it for love and for the benefit of the club for no financial gain, if your going to troll please find a new angle to have a go at.  It's getting beyond tedious now. 

Oooooo!!! we're getting on dodgy ground now, I can tell it's all getting near, so near I can almost touch it......Come on You Ornits..LOL

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

1 hour ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Oooooo!!! we're getting on dodgy ground now, I can tell it's all getting near, so near I can almost touch it......Come on You Ornits..LOL

Just a question Baron. Little no it all's spelling and grammar are horrific,is it a Rochdale thing??Just kidding,roll on law cup day. Come on you Yeds!.

Archived