Support our league now

coolie

• 2 weeks later...

Just to bump this up, and I'm sure it will be raise again tonight.

Fans might not be aware that the formula used to calculate the distribution of money from the RFL will not solely be based upon league positions in the previous seasons Other factors will also play a big part, eventually up to 20% of the money involved, and a major one is the return on investment which includes details of connection and commitment by fans. Although it can be seen to be a crude way of measuring this at present, the number of people signed up to Our League and identifying with a specific club when doing so is taken as the factor at present. I understand that we are still a long way behind some clubs in the lower end of the Championship as well as a number in C1 at present so everyone, please, sign up.

It costs nothing, it commits you to nothing, it gives you access to benefits and discounts (£5 off the NZ test match tickets, free access to live video streams) and it will help our club.

https://membership.rugby-league.com

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Just to bump this up, and I'm sure it will be raise again tonight.

Although it can be seen to be a crude way of measuring this at present, the number of people signed up to Our League and identifying with a specific club when doing so is taken as the factor at present. I understand that we are still a long way behind some clubs in the lower end of the Championship as well as a number in C1 at present so everyone, please, sign up.

It costs nothing, it commits you to nothing, it gives you access to benefits and discounts (£5 off the NZ test match tickets, free access to live video streams) and it will help our club.

https://membership.rugby-league.com

Is there anyway of being able to monitor the sign up rate .....  I keep hearing that we are behind other clubs ... even other clubs say they are behind other clubs!!!   Is it a secret???  .... 

Its easy to do ... and its a complete no brainer!!    I will happily help anyone sign up that wants to  ... it takes 2 minutes ... all you need is an email address!! If nothing else the streaming service is worth it alone.

2 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Is there anyway of being able to monitor the sign up rate .....  I keep hearing that we are behind other clubs ... even other clubs say they are behind other clubs!!!   Is it a secret???  .... 

Its easy to do ... and its a complete no brainer!!    I will happily help anyone sign up that wants to  ... it takes 2 minutes ... all you need is an email address!! If nothing else the streaming service is worth it alone.

I believe that only the RFL have access to this information.

One major factor in the numbers is that, last season, a number of C1 games were streamed live through the site leading to considerable numbers from those clubs enrolling in order to be able to watch some of their away games.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I believe that only the RFL have access to this information.

One major factor in the numbers is that, last season, a number of C1 games were streamed live through the site leading to considerable numbers from those clubs enrolling in order to be able to watch some of their away games.

I haven't signed up yet. I fell asleep half way through reading the privacy policy, so could you more patient types assure me that I will not, as a result of joining, be inundated with emails and texts about events I am not remotely interested in, or have my info passed on to cold callers or other promotional junk. If so i will consider joining.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

2 hours ago, andyram said:

When signing up, you can opt out of receiving any emails or any other promotional information they ( our league ) might want to send you.

None of your information will be passed on to other organisations too.

Thanks.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

There's no excuse for fans not to do this

Even the ones that was in the same class as Jesus & moses (BSJ) ;)

Just ask if you can't do it, just ask and ill come around your house and fill it in there, ask family, friends, next door neighbours.. Even the bloke down at the local shop, we need to get this initiative to really get going at the Ram's 

9 hours ago, coolie said:

There's no excuse for fans not to do this

Even the ones that was in the same class as Jesus & moses (BSJ) ;)

Just ask if you can't do it, just ask and ill come around your house and fill it in there, ask family, friends, next door neighbours.. Even the bloke down at the local shop, we need to get this initiative to really get going at the Ram's 

All very well for you to say, but the ZX81 isn't easy to fill out forms on.

George Bernard Shaw.

10 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

All very well for you to say, but the ZX81 isn't easy to fill out forms on.

Clean your tape head's and try again GOR or buy a Commodore 64

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

In order to raise the profile of this important issue ... I have pinned it in the hope it will attract more attention and of course Rams sign ups. ......  

Just been checking what other clubs are doing to promote our league ...... it seems some clubs have a link pinned to the top of their twitter page  ... seems like a good idea to me ... Perhaps someone could mention it to Stephen Downs  .. and he could action it.

Maybe also the mods on the Banter page could promote it with a pinned link.

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

And just saved £10 on tickets for 3rd Test

Yep, although for all three - £15 each for four of us (all members, of course!).

14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yep, although for all three - £15 each for four of us (all members, of course!).

Bought mine before the our league thing was publicised I'm afraid. What did you think to the KCom ? Not much room in the seats, (I'm assuming footy fans aren't as big boned as us rugby types), the bar area inside, was colder than the stand outside, and the witches P that passed for ale was extortionate. The atmosphere was good though, and a good result. I think I must be spoilt by being able to spread out in the North stand, and consume cheap San Miguel.:rolleyes:

George Bernard Shaw.

8 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Bought mine before the our league thing was publicised I'm afraid. What did you think to the KCom ? Not much room in the seats, (I'm assuming footy fans aren't as big boned as us rugby types), the bar area inside, was colder than the stand outside, and the witches P that passed for ale was extortionate. The atmosphere was good though, and a good result. I think I must be spoilt by being able to spread out in the North stand, and consume cheap San Miguel.:rolleyes:

Our League was publicised over a year ago by the RFL Grumpy - probably didn't reach deepest Lincolnshire.

I thought that the KCOM was fine but didn't partake of the singing syrup, so couldn't comment there. I am not of the big-boned variety either. The transport arrangements were very good - Park & Ride at Priory Rd and a fleet of buses waiting outside after the match. I had a great day and am hoping for another next week.

Archived