Johnoco

Whatever Happened To....

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

There are plenty on here id love to chew the fat with.

Even saintslass.... who's opinions I'm polarised to on so many occasions..... there is stuff when face to face.... when one dimensional text is irrelevant, that can be discussed without angst....

Many use this forum.... I know hardly anyone.....pity that

I like Saintslass, she is one of the most genuine people on here.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

44 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Didn't some of you have a TRL meet up once or am I imagining it?

Only the monthly ones, which all the cool kids are invited to.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

On 10/17/2018 at 12:45 AM, Mumby Magic said:

Didn't some of you have a TRL meet up once or am I imagining it?

There was a meet up in the massive Whetherspoons before a grand final once.

7 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Was that back when you had a Bendy Ass ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

9 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Several times IIRC. Paley once pointed out Trojan to me at one. And Ed I Tackle who I met in Huddersfield for a few pints before the 2006 (?) Tri Nations. No, think it was the 2009 4N

Edited by Johnoco
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Lest I forget meeting the legendary Bob8 in the world famous Black Swan in Copenhagen! 

Thanks!  It was great to catch up.

RIdingPie has also dropped into the same bar for a pint.

• Like 1

I met Johnoco in a pub in Cardiff, Gingerjon, JohnM, Yorkshire Pie and Number 16 in a Bar at the Stoop, Yorkshire Pie (again!) in a bar in Edinburgh and Matt Santos in a bar in Singapore.

There does seem to be a bit of a theme there. 

• Haha 2

Been to Penguins meet up in Leeds, forum meet up in Liverpool, and I turned up dressed as a trawlerman at  Huddersfield meet up arrangrd by AMH.?

• Like 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

Seem to remember gate crashing a wedding buffet in The George Hotel after a Kiwi game years ago. Paley and a few more "old" forum members were in attendance. 

Also remember a meet up before a game in Manchester at the Commonwealth Stadium.. Yep again many moons ago. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 2:38 PM, Johnoco said:

Several times IIRC. Paley once pointed out Trojan to me at one. And Ed I Tackle who I met in Huddersfield for a few pints before the 2006 (?) Tri Nations. No, think it was the 2009 4N

Didn't you once bump into Mr. Tackle at the Top House at Odsal?

Weatherspoons on Deansgate was a regular gathering for a few years.

Other meet ups have been in Cardiff and at Chorley Panthers.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:12 AM, yanto said:

Seem to remember gate crashing a wedding buffet in The George Hotel after a Kiwi game years ago. Paley and a few more "old" forum members were in attendance. 

Also remember a meet up before a game in Manchester at the Commonwealth Stadium.. Yep again many moons ago. 

I think we were at that one, we were staying at the George and I got the BIlly Boston suite.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 14/10/2018 at 10:56, Bob8 said:

JWAD is a good man.  He is also Facebook alove, very active in Irish rugby union and a happy family man.

Steve May was one of the few posters I happily accepted as simply smarter.  Very clever, very reasonable and open minded.

Cas Vegas was ace.

And still is, Bob8. 😉

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

--------------------------

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.

12 minutes ago, Cas Vegas said:

And still is, Bob8. 😉

Good grief!

Everything has declined since you left. Most posters on here have been here less than fifteen years, so know nothing.

Edited by Bob8
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Good grief!

Everything has declined since you left. Most posters on here have been here less than fifteen years, so know nothing.

Mwah ha haaaah... That was my plan all along, Bob8. 😎

• Like 1

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

8 minutes ago, Cas Vegas said:

Mwah ha haaaah... That was my plan all along, Bob8. 😎

On the upside, everyone has agreed on what to do about Super League and Brexit. Obviously, debating them for this long and not reaching agreement would be an idiotic waste of time.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bob8 said:

On the upside, everyone has agreed on what to do about Super League and Brexit. Obviously, debating them for this long and not reaching agreement would be an idiotic waste of time.

Yes.

31 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Wonder how many have been on for 15 years plus. My hat is in......…..

Me n'all 

Think I'm member #46. 

Zillions of posts.... most abject tripe.

Edited by Robin Evans
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

If I had a hat it would be in

4 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

I joined in May 2004...

The time has flown by..

Parvenu's.

Some of old 'uns can rememember when that new fangled papyrus came along.

Then it were never the same after Roland Hill changed proper communication. As for electricity and the intertweb it'll never catch on.

I have got a hieroglyphic somewhere where it is a fact that it will be Warringtons year next year.

In fact I have been here since the Brexit thread was less than In single billions.

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow