Squad for Bradford

Town Army

15 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

McNelly was the worst one for it, waving his arms around like a windmill all the time. 

Always been an  odious character , winding up and conning decisions while trying to stay away from physical contact as much as possible . Never made the grade 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Leon has cancelled his holiday to make sure he was there Sunday, but obviously has no commitment to the club, leaves training etc yet cancels his holiday 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

It will be a real shame if we can’t give this a full on shot . It’s a massive opportunity to get to a higher level , testing yourselves week in week out and great games to watch . More funding , attract better players , more exposure . If someone had put you here on day one you’d have snapped their hand off . And 17 on 17 you’d fancy us against a side devoid of confidence after a season of being flogged . Really interested to see what happens this week , I’m sure the cogs are turning behind the scenes 

On 10/7/2018 at 4:59 PM, THMS said:

Penky was a miss 2nd half. We didn't show a lot of threat. 

Thought scholey tackled brilliant all match!! 

Absolutely nothing wrong with Fui's tackle. Ref got that totally wrong. 

Well done lads. U make us proud to be Town supporters. 

It was a fair and hard tackle.I thought Fui had his arms round him. Then the poleaxed guy got his instructions from Kear to act it out.All us supporters chanted cheat at the big headed s*d when he swayed off

I see fui has been charged with a grade c offence, 3 match ban. Unless there is a completely different view to the one that I seen which shows something completely different I cannot understand how that is a 3 match ban. It looked a bone crunching tackle on the back of a hospital pass. Rugby league is going down the pan the way it is officiated and the way players now act like the prima donnas of football trying to con referees and cheat their way to winning. Players never used to say a word to a referee now it is almost every play where arms are in the air claiming a penalty. It lets the game down big time.

Wonder what would happen if that was a SL player from Wigan or Wire a week before the grand final ? Don’t know who makes these gradings but once you get that there’s no way out . Pathetic the way the games been sanitised to hell and the way players con anything they can 

Just now, donald said:

Bans don't usually start to 2 weeks after the offence so moimoi should start his ban start of next season. That's if he gets banned though

I thought that but with one week left do they rush it through or stick to that 

25 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Who was the lad from barrow we signed on deadline day along with the 2 lads from huddersfield? I assume he would be eligible to play even though i dont think he has been named in a 19 man squad once since he signed

Ben Garner. He was signed as a trialling, but carried on playing for Barrow Island ARLFC

8 minutes ago, donald said:

No idea you would think they would stick to it they do in football 

This is the rfl we are talking about Donald, can’t even stick to a league structure that everybody was playing to for 9/10ths of the season then changed it, so I would fully expect them to have a hearing between now and Friday and ban fui for Sunday 

Just now, Hate the rec said:

I have heard some players are trying to change there holidays if they can, if they do it's a great gesture and will strengthen our team. 

That’s been banned by the RFL . 

One thing that does sadden me is reading Leons Interview where he says our preparation could have been better with an overnight stay but we could not afford it.

Surely with half the gate money due from what would have been at least a predicted 4000+ crowd we should have set some of that money aside to cover the cost of an overnight stay and give the players every chance of being fresh for the game and would have also been an excellent bonding opportunity.

25 minutes ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

One thing that does sadden me is reading Leons Interview where he says our preparation could have been better with an overnight stay but we could not afford it.

Surely with half the gate money due from what would have been at least a predicted 4000+ crowd we should have set some of that money aside to cover the cost of an overnight stay and give the players every chance of being fresh for the game and would have also been an excellent bonding opportunity.

I read that and he also wasn't happy with the turn out for the captains run on Saturday due to players being at work, sadly not the best preparation for a important match. 

6 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

They didn't stay overnight last time when we beat them....I think we have to hold our hands up and say that on Sunday they were the better team from the start. 

6 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

I read that and he also wasn't happy with the turn out for the captains run on Saturday due to players being at work, sadly not the best preparation for a important match. 

We haven't had the numbers for the captains run on numerous occasions this season and still got the win the day after.... Bradford were the better side.... Just get the win on Sunday and we'll forget about all that ?

6 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Leon wasn't there not to be happy about the turnout...he cancelled training 15 mins before they were due to start via the players WhatsApp so that doesn't deserve a mention as an excuse why we got beat.... As I've said before Bradford were the better team..... Let's not finish the season looking at excuses be realistic about last Sunday and stop forgetting how good a season is it's been ?

9 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Pathetic

He wants to get a grip. We’d beaten them once this season travelling on the day, and one of the players injured didn’t even stay over at Doncaster so probably wouldn’t have at the weekend either.

He really doesn’t do himself any favours coming out with this rubbish. He needs to be thanking the board for giving him the best backing I can remember for many a year not throwing his toys out of the pram because he didn’t get his own way. Town are a league 1 club not a super league club and I don’t remember them ever staying over at Bradford.

8 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

I think that is one aspect that Leon has struggled to come to terms with this season. He has always been in a full time environment with everyone there when required, unfortunately that doesn’t happen when you are in a semi pro set up. It must be really difficult for players when they are juggling a full time job, family life and training. In an ideal world you’d want them there all the time for training but it just isn’t going to happen. However whether it is our own players or dr and loanees nobody can question the level of commitment they have shown to the town cause this year.

I also think the board have backed Leon tremendously and if they have said money is not available for a stay over you just get on with it. I’m sure a lot of previous coaches would have enjoyed the backing that has been there this year. 

I think the game this weekend will be one game to many for the squad we have available, I hope I’m wrong. Whatever the result it will be interesting to see what happens in the close season and whether Leon commits to another 12 months of travel or whether something will come up for him closer to home. After the Jamie Doran contract extension he has been really quiet about any plans for next year. I for one hope that he is still here as he has started to wake up our club and would love to see what he can do with 12 months experience under his belt. 

9 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Pathetic

He wants to get a grip. We’d beaten them once this season travelling on the day, and one of the players injured didn’t even stay over at Doncaster so probably wouldn’t have at the weekend either.

He really doesn’t do himself any favours coming out with this rubbish. He needs to be thanking the board for giving him the best backing I can remember for many a year not throwing his toys out of the pram because he didn’t get his own way. Town are a league 1 club not a super league club and I don’t remember them ever staying over at Bradford.

Before people start calling Leon just because the win didn't go our way on Sunday, I think u first need to be thanking him for where he's got us this season. We have done better than the last few (at least), he has brought great players in and got rid of the rubbish ones, he has created 'Hope' for our team and a real buzz around the town. I can't remember a season I have enjoyed as much as this one in a long time. 

I hope he stays with us another year whether we get to championship or not! 

Also the BOD should be credited for their amazing job and backing of Leon and his team. 

I’m sure a lot of previous coaches would have enjoyed the backing that has been there this year. 

11 minutes ago, THMS said:

Before people start calling Leon just because the win didn't go our way on Sunday, I think u first need to be thanking him for where he's got us this season. We have done better than the last few (at least), he has brought great players in and got rid of the rubbish ones, he has created 'Hope' for our team and a real buzz around the town. I can't remember a season I have enjoyed as much as this one in a long time. 

I hope he stays with us another year whether we get to championship or not! 

Also the BOD should be credited for their amazing job and backing of Leon and his team. 

If you read these 2 statements you'll see it's obvious why Leon has done well this year......CASH! This must be the biggest budget in the last 3 seasons that the board have spent. The "great players" Leon has brought in would probably add up to the full budget during last season. I'm sure if Clark had this budget he'd have done better too.... Leon has done well in his 1st year but the money has definately helped him achieve this. 

Archived