England ticket deals?

Col81

3 hours ago, Col81 said:

Does anyone know of any England ticket offers? I am wanting to attend anfield

There is another thread asking this, perhaps you should have posted on there.

Oh...so you did. :huh:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

8 hours ago, Col81 said:

Does anyone know of any England ticket offers? I am wanting to attend anfield

Actually there is a discount available if you are a member of OUR LEAGUE . Type in the code and you will get £ 5 off the value of a match ticket for Anfield.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Just wait until the week before, there will be some sort of deal on and it won’t sell out so worst case you pay the OUR LEAGUE price.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

3 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

Anyone know how ticket sales for the series are going anyway?

You can see the stadium maps on www.rugbyleaguetickets.co.uk

And to answer your question, sales are looking slow. Saying that, many are probably waiting for late ticket offers from the RFL, I know I certainly am!

59 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

And to answer your question, sales are looking slow. Saying that, many are probably waiting for late ticket offers from the RFL, I know I certainly am!

And that's the trouble when you create that culture. It's a crazy policy and a self fulfilling prophecy in that ticket sales will always be poor now due to people waiting so the RFL will always start the sales and offers. It's a crazy and hugely damaging sales and marketing strategy.

3 hours ago, Damien said:

And that's the trouble when you create that culture. It's a crazy policy and a self fulfilling prophecy in that ticket sales will always be poor now due to people waiting so the RFL will always start the sales and offers. It's a crazy and hugely damaging sales and marketing strategy.

Thankfully it's not that difficult for them to fix. They need to take a stand at some point and before a series like this (or before a big match), they need to announce that there will be no price reductions other than those on offer when the tickets first go on sale. If they stick to it, people will then know in future that there is no advantage in waiting around in the hope of getting a better deal last minute.

13 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Thankfully it's not that difficult for them to fix. They need to take a stand at some point and before a series like this (or before a big match), they need to announce that there will be no price reductions other than those on offer when the tickets first go on sale. If they stick to it, people will then know in future that there is no advantage in waiting around in the hope of getting a better deal last minute.

I've been saying this for years so can't say I'm too optimistic that they are going to change.

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

I've been saying this for years so can't say I'm too optimistic that they are going to change.

The problem is (without doing this whole debate again :biggrin:) that this strategy has been enforced on the rfl to an extent. The same teams have been selling the Grand Final where they haven't had to go with the last minute flash sale, and for most Wembley games they haven't either, but fans still held off for things like internationals etc. 

The RFL don't just do this for fun, they do it when we end up with 10s of thousands of empty seats. And I have been to many Wembley finals and Grand Finals where this hasn't been a feature of them. I'd say customer buying behaviours have changed and led the rfl to move to these drastic measures.

It is now to do with marketing strategy why Catalans v Wire got 30k fewer fans than Leeds v Wire at Wembley.

It will be interesting to see if there will be public flash sales for the test series, as there hasn't been for Old Trafford.

50 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The problem is (without doing this whole debate again :biggrin:) that this strategy has been enforced on the rfl to an extent. The same teams have been selling the Grand Final where they haven't had to go with the last minute flash sale, and for most Wembley games they haven't either, but fans still held off for things like internationals etc. 

The RFL don't just do this for fun, they do it when we end up with 10s of thousands of empty seats. And I have been to many Wembley finals and Grand Finals where this hasn't been a feature of them. I'd say customer buying behaviours have changed and led the rfl to move to these drastic measures.

It is now to do with marketing strategy why Catalans v Wire got 30k fewer fans than Leeds v Wire at Wembley.

It will be interesting to see if there will be public flash sales for the test series, as there hasn't been for Old Trafford.

Nah I'm not doing the whole debate again either as I could now write your argument for you as you could do mine ?.  Even the RFL would be crazy to now  do a flash sale for the Grand Final when it now sells out, or pretty damn well comes close, regularly now.

What I will say though in response to one of your points is that it is the RFL that have caused a change in customer buying behaviours rather than the other way around. It is fairly obvious, just going off the small sample size on this board, that a fairly significant percentage have been put off buying early due to the actions of the RFL. This is counter to what the RFL should ever want and then causes the cycle where they have poor sales and then put on a flash sale.

17 minutes ago, Damien said:

Nah I'm not doing the whole debate again either as I could now write your argument for you as you could do mine ?.  Even the RFL would be crazy to now  do a flash sale for the Grand Final when it now sells out, or pretty damn well comes close, regularly now.

What I will say though in response to one of your points is that it is the RFL that have caused a change in customer buying behaviours rather than the other way around. It is fairly obvious, just going off the small sample size on this board, that a fairly significant percentage have been put off buying early due to the actions of the RFL. This is counter to what the RFL should ever want and then causes the cycle where they have poor sales and then put on a flash sale.

Aye, the problem is though, that the crowds were clearly not buying anyway, as you have said, they wouldn't put the price down if they didn't have to.

It's all a bit chicken and egg, but my view is that this is being overstated, as there are many major RL events without late flash sales, it would be very nice if some people missed out by trying to play the game.

22 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Aye, the problem is though, that the crowds were clearly not buying anyway, as you have said, they wouldn't put the price down if they didn't have to.

It's all a bit chicken and egg, but my view is that this is being overstated, as there are many major RL events without late flash sales, it would be very nice if some people missed out by trying to play the game.

More people were obviously buying previously than now though. That is quite evident from reading about people's experiences on here and just from people I know. Also there never used to be anywhere near the amount of offers you get now so I don't think it's the case that the RFL have ever done a real push for early sales with the guarantee that this is the absolute best price that you will get. This is probably the first year I haven't seen late offers for the Grand Final, which is great to see and is hopefully the start of a new direction generally. This is after several years of 70k plus crowds and I'd certainly argue that decision should have been made sooner and has resulted in a waste of revenue.

Also they don't have to do anything, they certainly don't 'have' to put the price down. I know the last Grand Final I went to I paid half price, as is often the norm with England games and Challenge Cup Finals. Offering 50% off to 30,000 odd thousand fans, once the teams are known and to fans who are definitely going to go anyway, is just a bizarre way to lose revenue. As Ive said before Im not saying absolutely no last minute offers but they should be part of a year round cohesive strategy which better rewards and targets early buyers and loyal returning customers. At the moment it's all a bit too haphazard and too much of the last minute "oh ###### what are we going to do, let's spam email everyone we can with a big discount and stick a deal on Groupon" variety.

Anyway I'm not being dragged into this so I have nothing further to add ?

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

More people were obviously buying previously than now though. That is quite evident from reading about people's experiences on here and just from people I know. Also there never used to be anywhere near the amount of offers you get now so I don't think it's the case that the RFL have ever done a real push for early sales with the guarantee that this is the absolute best price that you will get. This is probably the first year I haven't seen late offers for the Grand Final, which is great to see and is hopefully the start of a new direction generally. This is after several years of 70k plus crowds and I'd certainly argue that decision should have been made sooner and has resulted in a waste of revenue.

Also they don't have to do anything, they certainly don't 'have' to put the price down. I know the last Grand Final I went to I paid half price, as is often the norm with England games and Challenge Cup Finals. Offering 50% off to 30,000 odd thousand fans, once the teams are known and to fans who are definitely going to go anyway, is just a bizarre way to lose revenue. As Ive said before Im not saying absolutely no last minute offers but they should be part of a year round cohesive strategy which better rewards and targets early buyers and loyal returning customers. At the moment it's all a bit too haphazard and too much of the last minute "oh ###### what are we going to do, let's spam email everyone we can with a big discount and stick a deal on Groupon" variety.

Anyway I'm not being dragged into this so I have nothing further to add ?

Nah, I have to call you out on the late GF offers before this year. This has been the basis of my whole argument. And strangely, if you are correct, it would vindicate the marketing strategy.

Of course there will always be 'offers - there is a rather nice student one doing the rounds now, and a group one ended last week, but these aren't the mass offers we are talking about.

Anybody know where to find the "resend email" link when you log in to the Our League website?

My email ran out so I need another one sent but haven't a clue as to how to do it.

Sorry :blush:

My email from Our League finally arrived with details of money saving stuff and the promo code that gives you £5 off England v NZ tickets.

I expected some individual, random, computer generated code individual to me.

But I could have guessed it...:rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Plenty of advertising on buses in Liverpool for the Anfield game - And I mean, a lot. So well done to the RFL on this one, good work.

Maybe Liverpool council threw that in as a compensation gesture for moving the date

11 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Plenty of advertising on buses in Liverpool for the Anfield game - And I mean, a lot. So well done to the RFL on this one, good work.

Aye, adverts on the side of large vehicles are a brilliant thing, and us fans have always believed that! :biggrin:

Archived