2019 kits (Merged Threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

It’s really not. 

Were they the first club to sign up players for the War? Did they lose a number of players/officials in the War? Or is it as simple as Hull KR have them as their chosen charity for the year and that’s it?

Even if there's no connection at all I'm not sure what the objection is?

I mean, it's a year late to commemorate the actual armistice which seems to me a bigger problem but it's hardly a problematic or tasteless design, or an unworthy cause.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

23 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I mean, it's a year late to commemorate the actual armistice which seems to me a bigger problem but it's hardly a problematic or tasteless design, or an unworthy cause.

Ovewhelming majority of war memorials in any case are 1914-1919 - the Armistice might have been this year but Armistice =/= end of the war. That was the treaty of Versailles. I'd be astonished in any case if no one from Hull KR as a club (not its fans) wasn't killed anyway. Otherwise I completely agree in failing to see what the problem is.

28 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Who said it was an objection? I clearly said it’s nice. 

Hull was bombed by Zeppelin in WW1 and of course many young men from the city went to France and never returned.

The charity shirt has been released now so as to be available for 11/11/2018 one hundred years since the signing of the armistice.

I think the shirt is great and already the fastest selling Hull KR shirt ever on launch day.

DpP2X6PW4AAcHUQ.jpg:large

On 10/11/2018 at 7:19 PM, Odsal Outlaw said:

Ok so two logos on the shirt, then a third for Twitter and a fourth that still appears from time to time.

And don’t call me Shirley.

C424BEDA-EB7C-4634-A5D4-013FD20F6F53.png

E81014F1-F742-427C-A467-A1D0EBB173D5.jpeg

The one on the shirt is for the National teams I.e Men’s, U19, U16.

The 3 feathers is a national emblem or symbol.

The Twitter one is the logo of the national governing body. Just like the FA have their own logo and then one for the England football team.

The final (old logo) crops up because of ###### poor journalism (yes you TotalRL) who won’t change it to the new one when posting news stories

On 10/12/2018 at 8:13 AM, Oliver Clothesoff said:

It’s really not. 

Were they the first club to sign up players for the War? Did they lose a number of players/officials in the War? Or is it as simple as Hull KR have them as their chosen charity for the year and that’s it?

Why does any of that matter?

There's a link between pretty much everyone and the war. It was a World War!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

7 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

The Twitter one is the logo of the national governing body. Just like the FA have their own logo and then one for the England football team.

The final (old logo) crops up because of ###### poor journalism (yes you TotalRL) who won’t change it to the new one when posting news stories

God, I hate those feathers.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 10/13/2018 at 12:04 PM, welshmagpie said:

Makes more sense now.  Personally I’d merge the governing body and national team logo to leave just two official logos and I would only have one logo on the shirt.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

On 10/12/2018 at 12:10 PM, DimmestStar said:

Hull was bombed by Zeppelin in WW1 and of course many young men from the city went to France and never returned.

The charity shirt has been released now so as to be available for 11/11/2018 one hundred years since the signing of the armistice.

I think the shirt is great and already the fastest selling Hull KR shirt ever on launch day.

DpP2X6PW4AAcHUQ.jpg:large

That is a very nice shirt, and very appropriate at this time.

For those of you interested in following the events from 100 years ago, there is a blog which has been running for the last four years, listing all the dead from the British Empire in the First World War. The list is updated at 11:00 daily, on the 100th anniversary of their deaths. https://firstworldwaronthisday.blogspot.com/

There is also a website remembering the 7,500 men from Hull who died in the First World War. http://www.ww1hull.org.uk/

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

I think the Crusaders shirts are fairly uninspiring, especially when viewed at distance.  I think the Dragon should be portrayed at full blast, not as a silhouette.

Mind you, ours will probably be much worse.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

20 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

That is a very nice shirt, and very appropriate at this time.

For those of you interested in following the events from 100 years ago, there is a blog which has been running for the last four years, listing all the dead from the British Empire in the First World War. The list is updated at 11:00 daily, on the 100th anniversary of their deaths. https://firstworldwaronthisday.blogspot.com/

There is also a website remembering the 7,500 men from Hull who died in the First World War. http://www.ww1hull.org.uk/

Yes, well done HKR. Also, due to all the hype about London and the blitz, a lot of people aren't aware that the most bombed city in the UK during WW2 was...…..Hull!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No new kit yet, but Warrington announce that O'Neills will be their new supplier.

Little video:

https://warringtonwolves.com/warrington-wolves-team-up-with-oneills/

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:30 PM, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Yes, well done HKR. Also, due to all the hype about London and the blitz, a lot of people aren't aware that the most bombed city in the UK during WW2 was...…..Hull!

Not true. London was the most bombed city in WW2. Hull was the second most bombed.

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived