2019 kits (Merged Threads)

On 10/20/2018 at 11:27 AM, fearnowt said:

North Wales Crusaders home shirt for 2019

219663708_Screenshot2018-10-20at10_48_42.png.4079ac9d9bcd3a6cd705bfd4570eb7c6.png

And the away shirt

2006080715_Screenshot2018-10-20at10_49_14.png.a4f61bb98e706dcb224abf3f85ad0aec.png

Original from EV2, the home kit was the design for our U7s in 2017 and the away one is our 2019 special edition kit, they are standard designs used off their website. 

ewq.JPG

Capture.JPG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SamRLYC said:

Original from EV2, the home kit was the design for our U7s in 2017 and the away one is our 2019 special edition kit, they are standard designs used off their website. 

ewq.JPG

Capture.JPG

To be fair that happens in most clothing companies nowadays. Leicester City's away shirt is just a standard 15 quid adidas top with the badge on. In League as well we had the infamous ISC Leeds 2013 being carbon copied for Hull FC the following season with only the colours swapped. All the elite nike kits have been basically the same for the past 3 years bar the colours.

17 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

An answer to the question I originally asked on the first page, thank you. 

Did either ground get damaged, do you know? Presumably, they must have if 95% got damaged. 

As far as I know, there was no major damage to either Boulevard (even though the area was heavily bombed, as my Grandmother was bombed out of her home) or Craven Park. 

However, Hull City's Anlaby Road ground was so badly damaged they decided to move to Boothferry Park after the War. They have now come back to this original spot where KCOM stadium now stands.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

To be fair that happens in most clothing companies nowadays. Leicester City's away shirt is just a standard 15 quid adidas top with the badge on. In League as well we had the infamous ISC Leeds 2013 being carbon copied for Hull FC the following season with only the colours swapped. All the elite nike kits have been basically the same for the past 3 years bar the colours.

Agree, the designs are very similar kit designers dont like to mix it up much 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Agreed. Functional, modern, smart, professional- yup. Wow? Nah.

And that ain't a criticism, I don't think branding like this is expected to give a wow moment.

I think it's fantastic. In fact I would go as far to say that it's some of the best branding in professional sports at the moment.

Very few brands produce a wow! to be fair.

1 minute ago, damp squib said:

I think it's fantastic. In fact I would go as far to say that it's some of the best branding in professional sports at the moment.

Very few brands produce a wow! to be fair.

Aye that's my point.

I like what the Premier League have done with their stuff too the, I like the logo and use of flexible bright colours, it looks fresh and modern as opposed to a traditional logo tied into a sponsors logo.

I think we missed a bit of a trick when we went without a title sponsor. I think we could have pushed the SL branding much more, instead of incorporating the SL ball logo into a sponsor brand.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:13 AM, Oliver Clothesoff said:

It’s really not. 

Were they the first club to sign up players for the War? Did they lose a number of players/officials in the War? Or is it as simple as Hull KR have them as their chosen charity for the year and that’s it?

My chosen charity, I've been paying monthly for the last 3 years,  but I'm FC :) and you'll never get in one of those shirts.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:10 PM, deluded pom? said:

Not true. London was the most bombed city in WW2. Hull was the second most bombed.

Hull was the most bombed per head of population, the government kept it a secret so not to demoralise the entire population of the country - Many of the German bombers would drop their bombs on Hull instead of their intended targets to get home quicker and safer, others would drop them on Hull If they couldn't find their intended target on the way home, in both cases Hull was simply an easy target and with it being coastal the Germans ran a lesser risk.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:43 PM, Wolford6 said:

Just checked; Bradford was only the target of one bombing raid. Strange really because we had an explosives manufacturer and produced uniform cloth by the mile.

Hull probably got your intended bombs.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:41 PM, Colliwobble said:

As far as I know, there was no major damage to either Boulevard (even though the area was heavily bombed, as my Grandmother was bombed out of her home) or Craven Park. 

However, Hull City's Anlaby Road ground was so badly damaged they decided to move to Boothferry Park after the War. They have now come back to this original spot where KCOM stadium now stands.

Didn't a union team play in that park before the KCOM was built ?

18 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Hull was the most bombed per head of population, the government kept it a secret so not to demoralise the entire population of the country - Many of the German bombers would drop their bombs on Hull instead of their intended targets to get home quicker and safer, others would drop them on Hull If they couldn't find their intended target on the way home, in both cases Hull was simply an easy target and with it being coastal the Germans ran a lesser risk.

Liverpool suffered the second highest level of tonnage dropped on a UK city by the Luftwaffe over the course of the war.  

Which makes sense given it was much more strategically important than Hull to the UK.

London had the most by some distance.

It’s a terrible subject of course.

22 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Liverpool suffered the second highest level of tonnage dropped on a UK city by the Luftwaffe over the course of the war.  

Which makes sense given it was much more strategically important than Hull to the UK.

London had the most by some distance.

It’s a terrible subject of course.

Air raids on Hull began on 19 June 1940 and continued until 1945. Overall, the city spent more than 1,000 hours on alert. After London, Hull was the most severely bombed British city, with over 80,000 buildings damaged. The city was a target for the Luftwaffe because of its importance as a shipping port and an industrial centre. It also received bombardment meant for more inland cities or from retreating German aircraft dumping bombs before reaching the open sea. Over 1,200 were killed and 3,000 injured during the raids in Hull.

Aircraft that where meant to bomb Sheffield, Scunthorpe, Rotherham steel works, the mines and other heavy industries in Yorkshire would be spared simply because it was easier to bomb Hull (which was always the secondary target for the above destinations) first and run.

I was listening to a radio program whilst driving a few weeks back that said this and also said the government kept quiet about it because of the severity of the damage.

4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Air raids on Hull began on 19 June 1940 and continued until 1945. Overall, the city spent more than 1,000 hours on alert. After London, Hull was the most severely bombed British city, with over 80,000 buildings damaged. The city was a target for the Luftwaffe because of its importance as a shipping port and an industrial centre. It also received bombardment meant for more inland cities or from retreating German aircraft dumping bombs before reaching the open sea. Over 1,200 were killed and 3,000 injured during the raids in Hull.

Aircraft that where meant to bomb Sheffield, Scunthorpe, Rotherham steel works, the mines and other heavy industries in Yorkshire would be spared simply because it was easier to bomb Hull (which was always the secondary target for the above destinations) first and run.

I was listening to a radio program whilst driving a few weeks back that said this and also said the government kept quiet about it because of the severity of the damage.

What is the source of that radio programme?

6 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

What is the source of that radio programme?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-13286574

The report I was listening to was about the amount of bombing Hull took to be officially recognised.

3 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I think we’re talking about two different things here looking at your source.

More bombs were dropped on Liverpool/Birkenhead than Hull and 4,000 people died compared to 1,200.

The raids were also bigger on Liverpool/Birkenhead than Hull.

However Hull lost a greater percentage of housing than Liverpool so in that sense you can argue your point.

2 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I think we’re talking about two different things here looking at your source.

More bombs were dropped on Liverpool/Birkenhead than Hull and 4,000 people died compared to 1,200.

The raids were also bigger on Liverpool/Birkenhead than Hull.

However Hull lost a greater percentage of housing than Liverpool so in that sense you can argue your point.

Liverpool had more major air raids from what I can find, in act the source I found it said Hull only had 3 major air raids but it got hit every night because it was always the secondary target and like I said earlier many of the bombers would sooner hit Hull than fly down the river Don to Sheffield.

4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Liverpool had more major air raids from what I can find, in act the source I found it said Hull only had 3 major air raids but it got hit every night because it was always the secondary target and like I said earlier many of the bombers would sooner hit Hull than fly down the river Don to Sheffield.

Yes, it must have been terrible for the brave people of Hull, Liverpool and everywhere that was blitzed during the war.

It’s hard to imagine.

Archived