2019 kits (Merged Threads)

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yes, it must have been terrible for the brave people of Hull, Liverpool and everywhere that was blitzed during the war.

It’s hard to imagine.

Must have been, my own family took in many kids from Hull during the war and remained friends for years.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Marauder said:

Hull was the most bombed per head of population, the government kept it a secret so not to demoralise the entire population of the country - Many of the German bombers would drop their bombs on Hull instead of their intended targets to get home quicker and safer, others would drop them on Hull If they couldn't find their intended target on the way home, in both cases Hull was simply an easy target and with it being coastal the Germans ran a lesser risk.

I know all that mate but London still had more bombs dropped on them for the obvious reasons. As stated previously the second most bombed was a ‘North Eastern town’.

rldfsignature.jpg

7 hours ago, Marauder said:

Didn't a union team play in that park before the KCOM was built ?

Not to my knowledge. West Hull were playing on it prior to the KCOM being built. It was also known as the Circle cricket ground. I can’t recall any union teams playing anywhere near the city centre. They all tended to be, and still are, based in the outskirts of Hull and surrounding towns/villages from what I know.

rldfsignature.jpg

56 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Not to my knowledge. West Hull were playing on it prior to the KCOM being built. It was also known as the Circle cricket ground. I can’t recall any union teams playing anywhere near the city centre. They all tended to be, and still are, based in the outskirts of Hull and surrounding towns/villages from what I know.

According to Wikipedia, Hull and East Riding RUFC played there at one point.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Circle,_Kingston_upon_Hull

Like the Hull KR Home jersey.

The Leeds one isn’t bad either. There’s only so much you can do with a club’s design so you are going to get year’s where they mix it up a little bit. At least they haven’t gone too far away from tradition like Wigan seem to every few years (the pink one, the diagonal one, the norweb paint splatter thing to name a few). 

2 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

If this is the 2019 Leeds shirt and not a wind up, I don't think they'll be selling many! 

At last, the rivalry is revived!!

We'll have our work cut out to produce a worse shirt than that.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

2 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

If this is the 2019 Leeds shirt and not a wind up, I don't think they'll be selling many! 

It looks ok? I actually quite like it and we've seen a lot, lot worse (2006).

The club will be fuming that it's leaked though as seeing it presented in a shabby way hung askew on a hanger definitely isn't the way they want people to see it for the first time. The official pictures will be much better when released tomorrow.

13 hours ago, Marauder said:

Didn't a union team play in that park before the KCOM was built ?

Hull and East Riding RUFC played there but they don't exist anymore. They merged with another team to become Hullensians.

West Hull ARLFC used to play there, I remember going to see some games there sometimes.

2 hours ago, M j M said:

The club will be fuming that it's leaked though as seeing it presented in a shabby way hung askew on a hanger definitely isn't the way they want people to see it for the first time. The official pictures will be much better when released tomorrow.

Yeah bit of a worry when this is Leeds' launch. We are well used to clubs getting a random player in a normal shirt and jeans to pull on a shirt over the top while someone snaps it in their phone, but we need the big clubs to set an example.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

15 hours ago, Marauder said:

Liverpool had more major air raids from what I can find, in act the source I found it said Hull only had 3 major air raids but it got hit every night because it was always the secondary target and like I said earlier many of the bombers would sooner hit Hull than fly down the river Don to Sheffield.

I believe that a successful phantom target was often set up for Hull to lure the Luftwaffe away from its bomb runs. So this, we must hope, saved lives. 

I confess I do not follow what this has to do with likely international RL stadia and top trumps for incendiaries...!

3 hours ago, M j M said:

I don’t think it’s as bad as people are making out but it does seem lazy, it’s basically last seasons shirt with a different hoop. 

Leeds shirt is fine. HKR home looks a decent effort also. 

Though whats the relevance of the 1999 CC win on the Leeds shirt? Apart from the obvious 20 years since, link. Seems a bit if an odd milestone to celebrate.

Maybe it's a shirt to only be worn in the Challenge Cup?!..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

14 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

According to Wikipedia, Hull and East Riding RUFC played there at one point.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Circle,_Kingston_upon_Hull

Hull and ER rugby played at the Circle as did Yorkshire cricket throughout my youth ...1950s to 1970s...and to build the KC they had to move?

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

To draw a line under the Poppy gate scenario. If any club wants to pay a tribute to our fallen foo jing let them and stop the arguing.

Foo jing? ???

image.png.857e5de9354026e2efa009c40ae51073.png

not seen any teasers on twitter from Michael Carter yet, but my money would be on a blue-based home kit, following the cycle of white, blue, red to  make it sufficiently different to justify buying a new one each year.  It was said that one world travel will continue as sponsors, but the flyer has ambitemp on it, who sponsored the magic shirt. 

The away shirt launch is set to coincide with the switching-on of the christmas lights in Wakefield. Likely to be a more random trendy alternative. 

The merchandise at Wakefield has been getting better every year, in quality and variety. Even though some say ISC is not great, it's the best we've ever had.

Archived