2019 kits (Merged Threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, fearnowt said:

Anyway, last year we had Steeden for our kit suppliers. For every shirt sold, I understand we had to pay Steeden £1 for EVERY sponsor logo on the shirt. With 1095 sports we don't have to pay this levy, so for every shirt sold at the same price as last year, the club will be £8 better off.

Steeden in the UK are  supplied through Advatage Sports ..am I correct ?? They used to be the UK suppliers for  ISC.

Look in the Steeden official brochure and all logo's on sublimated kits are free / included in the price.

Guess you learn as you go along and its seems someone has took a little extra profit from you guys  ;-(

Turned down the Steeden kit from Advantage Sports for Den Haag Knights after the ISC kit we got from them did not come up to expectations and was a cheaper version of the Aussie ISC  product.

Love the new giants shirts and am really glad the chevron is back in fashion - we needed a change and.  Going back.  To this design is.  Really rather cool - real eye catcher

I wasn’t going to bother this year but now think i will have to buy one.

Interestingly the away shirt did rather well in sales as well I understand so all good - always had an off the wall look to our second shirts - i loved the purple one a few years ago

Yes and that chevron design is part of our tradition

The shirts was around in the 60s and 70s and has a potted history prior to that

The shirt is over 40 years old at its youngest - so a very nice nod to past seasons and some successful periods in the clubs past

England were once red and white hoops for some time but i prefer the all white shirts of the. Modern era —- i bought the hooped shirt for the anniversary test when. England played in Australia

There are loads of other SL teams that have changed their shirt design regularly over the years, some more extreme than others, but change is there and is a tradition otherwise you could buy a shirt in 1950 and not bother getting another one ever again - change isn’t bad, and in this case its a reversion to an earlier design way over 40n years old since first used - if that isnt a ‘traditional’ kit change design i dont know what is chap.

COYG chevron and all - love the cow bells as well - must be a Giants thing.

32 minutes ago, Kris said:

Yes and that chevron design is part of our tradition

The shirts was around in the 60s and 70s and has a potted history prior to that

The shirt is over 40 years old at its youngest - so a very nice nod to past seasons and some successful periods in the clubs past

England were once red and white hoops for some time but i prefer the all white shirts of the. Modern era —- i bought the hooped shirt for the anniversary test when. England played in Australia

There are loads of other SL teams that have changed their shirt design regularly over the years, some more extreme than others, but change is there and is a tradition otherwise you could buy a shirt in 1950 and not bother getting another one ever again - change isn’t bad, and in this case its a reversion to an earlier design way over 40n years old since first used - if that isnt a ‘traditional’ kit change design i dont know what is chap.

COYG chevron and all - love the cow bells as well - must be a Giants thing.

I could have bought something very similar in 1950. St George don’t sell their tradition down the river for a few more bucks though.

DE57CF81-2AE3-476F-8071-E279909E05BA.jpeg

rldfsignature.jpg

Give over. St George have had dozens of different designs in the last few years.

The principle shirt may stay the same and thats cool, but the NRL absolutely love a one-off shirt - so don't get all high and mighty when Huddersfield decide to revisit a design they have used plenty of times before in their history.

38 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Give over. St George have had dozens of different designs in the last few years.

The principle shirt may stay the same and thats cool, but the NRL absolutely love a one-off shirt - so don't get all high and mighty when Huddersfield decide to revisit a design they have used plenty of times before in their history.

St George will use the red V in most of their matches in 2019. Huddersfield will use a chevron in most of their matches in 2029. I know which one is the club who sold out. Huddersfield historically haven’t had a main home shirt with a chevron. Just because they have previously used an alternate shirt with a chevron doesn’t make it right IMO. 

rldfsignature.jpg

9 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Leeds away

908B75E3-0359-469D-BADF-9B019B2C9278.jpeg

I just hate those Global badges, it really ruins every Leeds shirt. It would look so much better with just the badge and only one sponsor on the other side.

I feel the replica shirts for the fans should have less of the sponsors.

Archived