2019 kits (Merged Threads)

On 12/24/2018 at 7:07 PM, boro hornet said:

Rochdale Hornets new away kit 2019.

IMG_20181224_190532.jpg

That’s a belter, one of the better 2019 offerings.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

That’s a belter, one of the better 2019 offerings.

Must be expecting a lot of loan players. The back of the shirt can remind those players which team they are playing for that week.

;)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Can you buy it online? Another question has Toulouse released a new kit yet?

My son very kindly tried to buy me a Toulouse replica shirt (or polo shirt) online for Christmas, but concluded (after an email exchange with the club) that it was impossible to do so from within UK.  He treated me to a Dragons' 'celebratory' polo shirt marking their Wembley success instead.  Maybe TO are missing a merchandise marketing trick?

I saw the Ellis rugby shirts in the club shop at Headingley and have to say they are stunning. The France jersey is sublime and the quality is superb. One minor irritation is that the website states that the New Zealand polo is not a licensed product, so although a donation from every sale is made to Rugby League Cares, the NZRL won't get anything. A bit of a shame as it seems like RL in New Zealand needs every penny it can get.

On 1/2/2019 at 8:24 AM, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Looks more like a hornet that's having a bad time on the bog mate! 

Yes, I dont think I am alone in yearning for the return of the traditional coat of arms crest on the Hornets shirt....otherwise the strips are both very impressive.

Its been suggested the cartoon badge is aimed at the you ger generation....if so I hope its reflected in match day attendence.

16 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Yes, I dont think I am alone in yearning for the return of the traditional coat of arms crest on the Hornets shirt....otherwise the strips are both very impressive.

We're called Hornets - it makes sense to have a Hornet on the shirt. Until 1984, the club had nothing at all on the shirt. Then we had a circular badge with a Hornet on it for about a season, then we had the town crest for a while, then we had the Borough crest. This is the 10th season with the Hornet - a decade of tradition right there for you.

The kids who receive coaching from the Foundation love the Hornet. We need to look forward - not back. Clubs are now measured on their marketing and branding activities. It's hard to market the crest that appears on Rochdale's bins when we have such a wonderfully marketable suffix.

You only have to look around the game to see how the branding of clubs has evolved - that's progress.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Its remarkable how clubs like wigan and man U have been been left behind in this marketing/branding revolution. 

The crest disappeared when the name of the town disappeared from the clubs name. Fortunately the towns name was later restored so there is hope for the crest i suppose. 

6 hours ago, Hornetto said:

We're called Hornets - it makes sense to have a Hornet on the shirt. Until 1984, the club had nothing at all on the shirt. Then we had a circular badge with a Hornet on it for about a season, then we had the town crest for a while, then we had the Borough crest. This is the 10th season with the Hornet - a decade of tradition right there for you.

The kids who receive coaching from the Foundation love the Hornet. We need to look forward - not back. Clubs are now measured on their marketing and branding activities. It's hard to market the crest that appears on Rochdale's bins when we have such a wonderfully marketable suffix.

You only have to look around the game to see how the branding of clubs has evolved - that's progress.

We had a go at a bit of progressive branding for a couple of years in the mid-90s and then spent 20 years trying to completely forget about it... I've still got a sharks scarf... 

1 minute ago, Anita Bath said:

Its remarkable how clubs like wigan and man U have been been left behind in this marketing/branding revolution. 

The crest disappeared when the name of the town disappeared from the clubs name. Fortunately the towns name was later restored so there is hope for the crest i suppose. 

Man United have updated their badge throughout the past half century. Indeed I don't think they've had the Manchester Crest (the one that they wear on the blazers) on their shirts since before George Best? 

Its about capitalising on what you have. Cas are a perfect example. Play in the same colour as a Tiger, become the tigers. Conversely Hull FC have successfully restored the 3 gold crowns but gone for the airlie bird for a mascot. Fev have updated their badge, from ludicrously over complicated (in terms of graphics) town crest, to cartoon, to the more simple yet modern design. I still don't think Saints have found a badge they're fully comfortable with. 

Wigan's crest is not the town crest either, but as such heraldic designs go it is rather simple? 

Keep it simple, colourful and crisp.

12 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Man United have updated their badge throughout the past half century. Indeed I don't think they've had the Manchester Crest (the one that they wear on the blazers) on their shirts since before George Best? 

Its about capitalising on what you have. Cas are a perfect example. Play in the same colour as a Tiger, become the tigers. Conversely Hull FC have successfully restored the 3 gold crowns but gone for the airlie bird for a mascot. Fev have updated their badge, from ludicrously over complicated (in terms of graphics) town crest, to cartoon, to the more simple yet modern design. I still don't think Saints have found a badge they're fully comfortable with. 

Wigan's crest is not the town crest either, but as such heraldic designs go it is rather simple? 

Keep it simple, colourful and crisp.

but it’s a derivation of the crest...not a cartoon red devil.

Anyway so long as the cartoon hornet is bringing in hundreds (thousands) of extra fans I’ll be happy, I just won’t buy any of the stuff. Appears like branding has overtaken performance on the key performance indicators checklist.

I collected my season tickets from the club shop this week. The new shirts are wafer thin, like a soccer shirt. I can't believe they are made from the same material as the match shirts.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Archived