2019 kits (Merged Threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/22/2019 at 12:19 AM, tuutaisrambo said:

New kits mean new or renewed kit sponsorship deals to go at........most teams will have at least 3 new kits every season..........everyone would have more if they could get away with it........it's one our our few reliable revenue streams.

As far as i can tell all the major sports in north america have one brand as the officially licensed kit provider for the entire league.......Nike for the NFL and NBA........Adidas for the NHL........and Majestic for the baseball..........and effectively everyone gets the same huge catalogue of stuff with different colours and badges on for each team..........all these franchises are rich enough to not bother with individual kit sponsors so they can pretty much keep the same jersey design as long as they want.

Rugby League is like Soccer..........all the individual clubs fighting for the biggest deal (only soccer deals are worth millions)

It's a shame because if all the rugby league teams could afford to play in traditional jerseys every year with no sponsors they would look great and us fans could just buy one shirt and keep it........ til we get fat and have to buy a bigger one anyway.

I think when they tried to launch Super League in Australia all the teams had matching Nike kits with no sponsors

Major league sports in NA have not allowed shirt sponsorshib beyond the manufaturers logo, not a case of them not bothering with sponsorship. The one exception has been major league soccer, though many would argue it is not a ‘major league’ in the same sense as nfl, nba, mlb and nhl.

NBA have recently loosened regulations to allow some very modest shirt sponsorship that is highly regulated. I think NHL might be about to follow suit but NFL and MLB still advert free.

8 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Major league sports in NA have not allowed shirt sponsorshib beyond the manufaturers logo, not a case of them not bothering with sponsorship. The one exception has been major league soccer, though many would argue it is not a ‘major league’ in the same sense as nfl, nba, mlb and nhl.

NBA have recently loosened regulations to allow some very modest shirt sponsorship that is highly regulated. I think NHL might be about to follow suit but NFL and MLB still advert free.

And then just absolutely saturate the stadium in advertising and sponsor every little bit of the actual game like giving the replay an official sponsor for example. I think they have that in the NRL as well don't they? 

• 1 month later...
Just now, Sydney Hornets said:

Magic Shirts have started to filter through. Salford's looks like a dull training shirt. Saints is nice and looks like a Saints shirt and continues on with the theme of of jigsaw puzzle pieces.

image.thumb.png.67bcb4b0426ea784f25711ac07e1a17c.png

image.thumb.png.8db82ebc36c7bc3413d5292a3ba9198a.png

Salfords is a shocker but is for a good cause so fair play 

Re: the Huddersfield crest, it might be a case of the club adopting two designs, similar to what the soccer club has done. Huddersfield Town use both a traditional coat of arms and a stylised Terrier badge.

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

The head logo is just something the club are using for merchandise purposes, some fans don't like the official crest or badge, so they came up with something simpler which still reflects the Giants' logo.

Huddersfield Town have something similar, i presume both clubs have used the same designer/ marketeer etc.

The magic weekend shirt hasn't gone down very well at all!

Just to keep the anti-Wigan flame alive, the Warriors should release a nice, smart, white, Real Madrid-style strip for the game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Just to keep the anti-Wigan flame alive, the Warriors should release a nice, smart, white, Real Madrid-style strip for the game.

Now that would be funny.

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I’ll let someone else insert a joke about Wigan players and white strips. 

Archived