2019 kits (Merged Threads)

6 hours ago, barnyia said:

Samantha Janus in an Australia shirt in the up and under film ! Only thing better I reckon  would have been her in a gb shirt! 

From memory there was one other scene in that film where her attire was better!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

New England cricket kit by New Balance launched today.

Not RL related obviously, but a good example of the kind of value working with a decent sports brand can have. Really not sure how New Balance get such good value out of their cricket partnership. I guess Cricket fans must be good when it comes to forking out for merchandise and replica.

Video below even makes Cricket like slightly exciting. Even though IMO the kit does look pretty average.

Always felt brands such New Balance and Umbro would be a great home for RL.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

5 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

New England cricket kit by New Balance launched today.

Not RL related obviously, but a good example of the kind of value working with a decent sports brand can have. Really not sure how New Balance get such good value out of their cricket partnership. I guess Cricket fans must be good when it comes to forking out for merchandise and replica.

Video below even makes Cricket like slightly exciting. Even though IMO the kit does look pretty average.

Always felt brands such New Balance and Umbro would be a great home for RL.

New Balance sell a lot of cricket bats and shoes, in addition to replica kit.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

New Balance sell a lot of cricket bats and shoes, in addition to replica kit.

No doubt. I've just never thought Cricket would generate the kind of income for NB to warrant the kind of investment.

In comparison to apparel and hard products, footwear is incredibly expensive to produce, unless you are doing huge numbers.. Maybe they do. It just surprises me they generate such value from the Cricket partnership.

Certainly think RL could generate the same value if (and it's a big 'if') SL and the game in general can get its backside in gear.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, EastLondonMike said:

No doubt. I've just never thought Cricket would generate the kind of income for NB to warrant the kind of investment.

It's a reasonably new investment as well, I think. I never assume that just because someone is pouring money in that they know what they're doing but they must have done some thinking. England cricket fans do like to wear the kit, even if not the ODI/T20 shirt itself then a lot of the training wear that goes alongside it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

59 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

In comparison to apparel and hard products, footwear is incredibly expensive to produce, unless you are doing huge numbers.. Maybe they do. It just surprises me they generate such value from the Cricket partnership.

Certainly think RL could generate the same value if (and it's a big 'if') SL and the game in general can get its backside in gear.

For a company with their UK HQ in Warrington, they have had a surprisingly limited history in RL. They have made some Wire kits and a Saints kit IIRC.

1 hour ago, EastLondonMike said:

Cricket is a massive market probably second only to soccer and the big north american sports.

The world cup and test cricket is shown on tv all over the world and you can sell clothing, shoes, kit bats pads as well as the usual merchandise.......all the big brands...Nike, Adidas, Puma, Canterbury etc are involved in cricket.

NB are primarily a footwear company expanding into everything else just like Nike and Adidas did.

Maybe if RL had more than kits and balls as specific equipment to sell we might get more interest although i doubt it with our profile.

The new one day kit in the video is a throw back design to the last time England made the final when they lost to Pakistan........Strange thing to commemorate but there you go.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

The club is proud to reveal a new Junior Bears Jersey which is now available for anyone to purchase. The shirt will be worn by Junior players but we would encourage supporters to purchase also and support the development of the club.

11 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

The biggest issue is that apart from half a dozen sides in Super League there are no clubs that sell the numbers to attract top brands, and even some of those don't pay on time meaning any decent brand wouldn't be interested. 

Which ones don't pay on time?

22 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

The only exception are Hummel who have just paid ridiculous amounts of cash to a super league side that will not give them a return. But they will learn the hard way and disappear again I'm certain of th

Which SL team kit is made by hummel???

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Which SL team kit is made by hummel???

I'd hazard a guess and say Wigan. Seeing as they are currently with Errea and ML is saying Errea no longer have a presence at club level. Assume a new kit deal is lined up with Hummel.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

56 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I'd hazard a guess and say Wigan. Seeing as they are currently with Errea and ML is saying Errea no longer have a presence at club level. Assume a new kit deal is lined up with Hummel.

Hope so

Archived