2019 kits (Merged Threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

I don't see the need for it. They are playing Lebanon. A white shirt would be fine.

Probably no need. Just looks good.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

• 5 weeks later...
Just now, Clogiron said:

Have a look at the new Huddersfield Town shirt, how long before RL see's such monstrositys??

There have been some RL shockers, the soreen Rochdale one recently, but thay Huddersfield Town shirt is beyond terrible. PaddyPower taking the "all publicity is good publicity" route again

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Agreed. Have Huddersfield actually released the kit to buy?

Not yet. They play Rochdale tonight and then it will go on sale. If it is a wind-up it'll be revealed in the match tonight.

Do not fear; only BELIEVE

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Agreed. Have Huddersfield actually released the kit to buy?

They're saying it's available from 20th July. Whether it's real or not Huddersfield have definitely let themselves get mugged off a bit by PP. First they released a video skit basically saying they sponsored Hudds as that's the only team they could get with the money they had left to play with and now this. Selling out for the money it seems - something I can imagine any SL club would happily do.....we just don't get the offers. 

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

They're saying it's available from 20th July. Whether it's real or not Huddersfield have definitely let themselves get mugged off a bit by PP. First they released a video skit basically saying they sponsored Hudds as that's the only team they could get with the money they had left to play with and now this. Selling out for the money it seems - something I can imagine any SL club would happily do.....we just don't get the offers. 

To be fair, it will probably get far more media coverage than any other sponsorship announcement this season. It's all light-hearted stuff, I liked the announcement video.

On the note of sponsors, ultimately I would like SL to bring in some restrictions swell, in an Ideal world I would like to see 2 sponsors only restricted to the main on the front and a secondary sponsor allowed on the back of the shirts and maybe on the shorts.

I understand the commercial reasons for having numerous sponsors plastered all over the place but IMO it does cheapen the look of the kits and in turn cheapens the look of the sport in general.

Maybe the cut in revenue from having loads of sponsors could be offset by being able to charge more for main sponsors as they brand would stand out more rather than being of of myriad names plastered all over the place.

I also understand it's probably a total none starter as the clubs would just want the revenue and probably not look at the bigger picture.

23 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

On the note of sponsors, ultimately I would like SL to bring in some restrictions swell, in an Ideal world I would like to see 2 sponsors only restricted to the main on the front and a secondary sponsor allowed on the back of the shirts and maybe on the shorts.

I understand the commercial reasons for having numerous sponsors plastered all over the place but IMO it does cheapen the look of the kits and in turn cheapens the look of the sport in general.

Maybe the cut in revenue from having loads of sponsors could be offset by being able to charge more for main sponsors as they brand would stand out more rather than being of of myriad names plastered all over the place.

I also understand it's probably a total none starter as the clubs would just want the revenue and probably not look at the bigger picture.

I remember one of Elstone's early aims was to unify and Simplyfy the SL brand image. One of those things was to make the shirts have clear branding etc. 

16 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

I reckon PP have said "see if you can get this past the FA. If you can't we'll pay the fine". Priceless publicity.

But not for Huddersfield.

I can see what's in it for Paddy Power.

I'm not sure there's any amount of money that makes it worth it for Huddersfield Town.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived