2019 kits (Merged Threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO the GB ‘Lion’ logo is an absolute classic bit of Graphic Design, haven’t got a clue who did it but it’s absolutely perfect, now this may sound a bit like hyperbole but it’s up there with the apple logo for simplicity and execution.

Anyway, my point being I’m glad to see it back, even just to see it actually being used again.

2 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Is #GBLions taken? Don’t RU call them British and Irish Lions where we use Great Britain

It looks like the RFL are blatantly ignoring Ireland now if that post if anything to go by. Nice.

7 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

IMO the GB ‘Lion’ logo is an absolute classic bit of Graphic Design, haven’t got a clue who did it but it’s absolutely perfect, now this may sound a bit like hyperbole but it’s up there with the apple logo for simplicity and execution.

Anyway, my point being I’m glad to see it back, even just to see it actually being used again.

I agree with this. Really not remotely interested in Great Britain's return or this thoroughly bizarre nostalgia tour but the GB lion logo is one of the best.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

It is a superb classic logo, I don't understand why they didn't simply retain both the nickname and logo when we switched from GB to England. We have England Knights and GB Lions, so its odd the first team is simply called England and have no nickname (I'm going to ignore the seemingly and thankfully now defunct "Wall of White").

On 17/07/2019 at 11:15, MZH said:

Well it does sound like the kind of thing that Paddy Power would do.

Quite. 

You got it, unlike a lot of hard of thinking people.

The home shirt is pretty good:-

Non sponsor

The away shirt looks jolly fine also.

The shirts with the Paddy Power sash on the front  are being auctioned online for charity on a well known website. Some rather high bids being made. An ideal present for one's significant other for Christmas, birthday, anniversary etc perhaps..........

3 hours ago, longboard said:

Did you here a whooshing sound?

Bit of tumbleweed went rolling by but no, then again I don't take much intrest in Soccer any more, or gambling adverts either?

On 20/07/2019 at 09:37, Whippet13 said:

It is a superb classic logo, I don't understand why they didn't simply retain both the nickname and logo when we switched from GB to England. We have England Knights and GB Lions, so its odd the first team is simply called England and have no nickname (I'm going to ignore the seemingly and thankfully now defunct "Wall of White").

I dont understand that either.. could have easily kept the shirt as well!

the clip shows a fair bit of blue around the colour of burgess so could be interesting 

55 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Blue sleeves...please, the shirt should be all white

The last GB kit had blue sleeves. Maybe they've gone with more blue to try and give it a different look to England's mostly white shirt. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. I'm quite excited by it.

3 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

The last GB kit had blue sleeves. Maybe they've gone with more blue to try and give it a different look to England's mostly white shirt. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. I'm quite excited by it.

Typical RL, announce it the same day as Boris's crowning, how do they expect to get it on the 6 o'clock news with planning like that??????

12 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Typical RL, announce it the same day as Boris's crowning, how do they expect to get it on the 6 o'clock news with planning like that??????

Maybe they've pulled off a masterstroke and Boris has agreed to wear the new GB shirt when he's unveiled as the new PM.

Archived