2019 kits (Merged Threads)

8 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Maybe they've pulled off a masterstroke and Boris has agreed to wear the new GB shirt when he's unveiled as the new PM.

In that case my money is on Hunt?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

So there's a union jack on the back. Looks like they've completely binned off Ireland (hopefully). Cannot expect any Irishman to wear or support it.

I’d suggest there’s probably quite a few Irishmen who would happily wear it but that’s another topic altogether. Similarly I know plenty of Scots - and indeed English - - who would be put off by it  

Doesn’t exactly do much for the ‘Lions’ concept when compared to the comparatively less-geographic (if that makes sense) RU version. Be interesting to see if it has the “British Isles XIII” logo (featuring Ireland) as in the past. 

On 14/04/2019 at 18:21, Futtocks said:

Wigan in chevrons? Blimey!

And same colours as their closest rivals.

On 16/04/2019 at 08:38, Oliver Clothesoff said:

What’s the significance behind this Milwaukee game. It was essentially a one-off, wasn’t it? Still, not bad shirts even if Wigan look nothing like how I think they should. 

Quite glad the Marvel shirts have been canned, I was never a massive fan of them. 

Old misery guts...?

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

12 hours ago, Tommygilf said:
So there's a union jack on the back. Looks like they've completely binned off Ireland (hopefully). Cannot expect any Irishman to wear or support it.

More likely that they're too ignorant to notice or care and RLI are too spineless to say anything to them. I guarantee you that Ireland will still be "officially" involved. It's shameful and I hope Brian Carney goes to town on them on Sky Sports News again but I doubt he will.

10 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’d suggest there’s probably quite a few Irishmen who would happily wear it but that’s another topic altogether.

Assuming you're talking about Northern Unionists - yes they would happily wear that shirt, but for the vast majority if you called them Irishmen you'd get a box in the jaw. But that is quite illustrative of the likely thought process at Red Hall and why having a representative team made up of two states with zero involvement from one of them was always going to end like this.

2 minutes ago, damp squib said:

More likely that they're too ignorant to notice or care and RLI are too spineless to say anything to them. I guarantee you that Ireland will still be "officially" involved. It's shameful and I hope Brian Carney goes to town on them on Sky Sports News again but I doubt he will.

Assuming you're talking about Northern Unionists - yes they would happily wear that shirt, but for the vast majority if you called them Irishmen you'd get a box in the jaw. But that is quite illustrative of the likely thought process at Red Hall and why having a representative team made up of two states with zero involvement from one of them was always going to end like this.

How about a GB V Ireland state of Origin.... no better rivalry 

Am expecting a variation of the 2006 jersey worn in the (in)famous Sydney test.

Guess that would tick some boxes for a lot of fans. Hopefully Hummel have improved on that collar and neck opening.

We'll soon find out.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

13 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

The last GB kit had blue sleeves. Maybe they've gone with more blue to try and give it a different look to England's mostly white shirt. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. I'm quite excited by it.

The last shirt didnt have blue sleeves... 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Ah, yes, my apologies. I was thinking of the one before that. Either way, my point was that it wouldn't be unheard of if the new shirt has blue sleeves.

i await to be underwhelmed by this "iconic" shirt if it does.. nice simple old fashioned that lasts would do me.. as per the above.. how we ended we should begin.

11 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Post reported to Matt Shaw. Await your attitude reprogramming training.

imagine this in deputy dawg voice.... With bated breath humph :kolobok_resent:

27 minutes ago, philipw said:

Communication is absolutely fine.....

https://twitter.com/TheRFL/status/1153666079018766337?s=20

I think the whole 'kit reveal' communication and process has been absolutely appalling. I could explain my reasons, but I feel that I'd be spending more time and effort into moaning about it, than has been put into the reveal by the RFL.

It's great calling for people to be positive about rugby league, but rugby league needs to sort itself out.

1 minute ago, Moove said:

Yes. They've told you it's at 5pm. What more do you want?

I haven't even seen them specify it's 5pm. I assume Phil worked that out from the tweet times.

I don't use twitter, so I was a bit confused. I saw the following and thought two hours from when I assumed the tweet had been posted. Since it appears to have been posted at 7am, I assumed 9am. As I say, I don't Twitter, so I don't know if I misunderstood the times. I guess I must have done.

time.png

It hasn't been good communication. But that is sort of the point of these teasers. They keep it vague so you keep going back in to check and become more engaged with them, but afte a bit it just becomes annoying if not done well. 

I think they should be telling you before 3pm on the launch day of the time they will show it. 

I've just stopped bothering and will wait for somebody to post here. 

4 minutes ago, Moove said:

Yes. They've told you it's at 5pm. What more do you want?

I want them to tell me "The new 2019 Great Britain kit and Team wear collection, produced by Hummel, will be revealed online via the RFL website and across all RFL social media channels at 5pm on Tuesday 23rd July", on the day they initially reveal the launch, not two hours before they actually reveal the kit.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, EastLondonMike said:

I want them to tell me "The new 2019 Great Britain kit and Team wear collection, produced by Hummel, will be revealed online via the RFL website and across all RFL social media channels at 5pm on Tuesday 23rd July", on the day they initially reveal the launch, not two hours before they actually reveal the kit.

This is the RFL website you're referring to, yes?: https://www.rugby-league.com/

If so, I can't see anything obvious about a new GB kit launch. You have to go to the GB section and then see the bits in the GB social section linking you to Twitter.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I imagine this type of response is what the RFL wanted. Not knowing when the kit will be revealed added to the suspense (and the RFL's Twitter activity).

Well, I'm obviously missing their genius. For me it just feels amateurish and annoying - in particular the lack of clear information on the rugby-league.com website.

The Twitter strategy may be a bit of social media genius - I don't use it, so it's maybe harder for me to judge. It certainly hasn't made me bother to register on Twitter. I'm more in the Dave T mould and thinking I'll just go and do other stuff and see the kit whenever I'm next online.

12 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Which defeats the purpose of it being a social media event to drive more people to the RFL's social media account and (hopefully) follow it. That then gives them more direct access to those people through that channel in future. I imagine it would go out through other channels later

Archived