2019 kits (Merged Threads)

3 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Well, I'm obviously missing their genius. For me it just feels amateurish and annoying - in particular the lack of clear information on the rugby-league.com website.

The Twitter strategy may be a bit of social media genius - I don't use it, so it's maybe harder for me to judge. It certainly hasn't made me bother to register on Twitter. I'm more in the Dave T mould and thinking I'll just go and do other stuff and see the kit whenever I'm next online.

I know it's very exciting but calm down, fella!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Moove said:

Which defeats the purpose of it being a social media event to drive more people to the RFL's social media account and (hopefully) follow it. That then gives them more direct access to those people through that channel in future. I imagine it would go out through other channels later

Thats the purpose of the tweet was it? ok.

You asked what more i wanted. I want specifics, nothing vague, and not a notification 2 hours before reveal.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

7 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I know it's very exciting but calm down, fella!

I'm calm, don't worry. Just a bit disappointed because in my opinion (and it' only my opinion), this isn't the best way to introduce a new kit for what is effectively the national team.

I've always taken the view that the best way for rugby league to make an impact in parts of the country that don't traditionally play or watch rugby league, is through the national team -  be that England or Great Britain.

With that in mind, it does concern me that anyone going to the main rugby league website right now, is not going to see anything obvious telling them that a GB shirt is being released today.

Sure, mock me as being too excited or whatever, but just remember when you see all the empty seats at future matches, and tv audiences aren't what you want them to be for the sport, that even small things can make a difference to the sport.

939B2E69-26E7-4D36-994D-2E6E989D1925.jpeg

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Anthem jacket ... training wear is all in this style!

08DC0784-D08B-40F1-B3D9-12AB25F709A1.jpeg

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

I like it, sleek, modern design with a classic look to it. Would have liked v to be slightly pointier but I'm splitting hairs. Ronseal is sponsor on the back with a union jack above it, nothing else which is good. Must say I like how the badge is just the lions head and nothing else. No need to put words there to explain what it is cos it's iconic enough to not need to! 

5 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Nice clean design with no clutter (or controversial crest)

Agreed. I'm happy they didn't go with the four nations badge.

I like the new shirt, and also the anthem jacket and other items. Was it 92 we had that sort of look with the triangles. World cup final 1992 shirt, I think. Good stuff.

Not bad. Better from Hummel, with a nice classic Umbro influence. 

Jersey neck drop looks sorted at least.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Just now, 17 stone giant said:

Agreed. I'm happy they didn't go with the four nations badge.

I like the new shirt, and also the anthem jacket and other items. Was it 92 we had that sort of look with the triangles. World cup final 1992 shirt, I think. Good stuff.

Yeah it was 1992. Sponsored by a nice bit of British coal if I remember rightly! 

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Yeah it was 1992. Sponsored by a nice bit of British coal if I remember rightly! 

The greatest sponsor ever for any team, club or country. I've been looking at how I can modify the new shirt to recreate those glory days. I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt.

shirt.png

29 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Anthem jacket ... training wear is all in this style!

08DC0784-D08B-40F1-B3D9-12AB25F709A1.jpeg

That is top drawer. My only slight regret is the timing - I'm off to Oz on Friday and even if I ordered it right now I couldn't guarantee it arriving on time...

4 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

The greatest sponsor ever for any team, club or country. I've been looking at how I can modify the new shirt to recreate those glory days. I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt.

shirt.png

I would have thought if we were to be sponsored by coal these days there would just be a 'for sale' sign glued over the top. 

We've had some good sponsors over the years haven't we? British coal, British gas, John smiths bitter, Gillette razors and now we've got cheap, Romanian cars and wood stainer. Anyone would think we're northern, working class sport........ 

4 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I would have thought if we were to be sponsored by coal these days there would just be a 'for sale' sign glued over the top. 

We've had some good sponsors over the years haven't we? British coal, British gas, John smiths bitter, Gillette razors and now we've got cheap, Romanian cars and wood stainer. Anyone would think we're northern, working class sport........ 

We?

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived