2019 kits (Merged Threads)

23 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Sincerest apologies HG. For some reason I thought you were Farmduck. Ornithology isn’t my strong point. 

image.png.e6efc95af3716f771506c615f65ef2be.pngimage.png.ea874b339616bd0acefe16c632bf4e63.png

Shoulda gone to Specsavers.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice, but I don't think it's amazing. Removing the blue sleeves would improve it massively.

And I'm assuming Brian Carney wasn't consulted about it either.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

48 minutes ago, Celt said:

I must be in the tiny minority who prefer my Vees flat. I actually hate it when they continue below the sponsor.

Shirt is a thumbs up for me. White sleeves would improve it I feel - the blue ones always remind me of that cheap looking top they wore when Brian Noble was coach. But overall a pretty good effort.

No, I'm with you. 

9 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Love the front of the shirt and overall look but I’m not one for a union flag so it’ll be the (really decent looking) training gear for me I reckon. 

Yes, dont think that has ever been on before, not sure why they felt the need to add it.

10 hours ago, longboard said:

Aaaahhhhhh.

That's yes then. ?

Sorry, it's that long ago I've forgotten what the question was?

If yes makes you happy then yes, after a heat induced sleepless night I can't be ar*ed to argue?

On the whole flag thing on the back, for supporters jerseys I think the Union Flag is fine. For players though I like the idea of having the nation they qualify for GB for in that spot. So a Reagan Grace can have a Welsh dragon on his shirt, Lachlan Coote a St Andrews Saltire, Sam Burgess St George's cross. Or at least incorporate them somewhere on the shirt.

Makes the shirt a bit more special for the players imo.

11 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Do it and if it arrives after you've left get someone at home to post it out to a drop postal point 

it was more that I wanted to wear it at Suncorp next Friday ?

Ah well, will have to wear it for the first time at the CC Final instead...

1 minute ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

it was more that I wanted to wear it at Suncorp next Friday ?

Ah well, will have to wear it for the first time at the CC Final instead...

Get it sent to your hotel, or somewhere you know you're going to be while in Aus. Have done this myself many times on my travels. Just speak to the hotel first.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

47 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

On the whole flag thing on the back, for supporters jerseys I think the Union Flag is fine. For players though I like the idea of having the nation they qualify for GB for in that spot. So a Reagan Grace can have a Welsh dragon on his shirt, Lachlan Coote a St Andrews Saltire, Sam Burgess St George's cross. Or at least incorporate them somewhere on the shirt.

That's a really good idea.

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

That's a really good idea.

Thank you. I've liked ideas similar since I noticed Bath RU did it.

I like it for the GB kit a lot tbh. Should reflect the makeup of the team as a rep team rather than a national side per se.

8 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

They did something similar before - in the early 2000's. Not with the national flag, but the rugby league badge of the country. I think it was on the collar or thereabouts.

On 24/07/2019 at 18:34, 17 stone giant said:

They did something similar before - in the early 2000's. Not with the national flag, but the rugby league badge of the country. I think it was on the collar or thereabouts.

Yeah I think I remember that. I just think the flag is better as it is far more established than any of the national team crests are and means more.

Archived