2019 kits (Merged Threads)

31 minutes ago, iffleyox said:

Loathe as I am to bring the other code in here, it's increasingly common in the top 3 divisions of RU for a cotton version of the "proper" shirt to be permanently on sale, with the playing kit continuing to be changed every year around it. I've got a Moseley one, for example. I don't understand why RL doesn't do this too - although saying that I've bought the new Trin shirt and last season's because they seem to have decided trad is the way forward for playing in...

ISC were/have been doing this for a number of years, with a cotton version, a poly replica version and then a player-issue type version. I am not sure if the cotton ones are still produced mind....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

ISC made the 2014 Saints Home shirt in cotton as well as the material typically used. It sold very well by all accounts. I don’t know why other companies don’t do the same or why clubs don’t demand these. 

Leeds have generally had a cotton version of at least the home and usually the away on sale. This year there have also been ISC made cotton replicas of the watersplash final Jersey. 

My personal fave however has to be the Superdry one i got. Classic 3 uneven amber hoops around the chest with a white collar. This and the other designs they did look good enough to wear anytime too which is a major positive. 

54 minutes ago, philipw said:

ISC were/have been doing this for a number of years, with a cotton version, a poly replica version and then a player-issue type version. I am not sure if the cotton ones are still produced mind....

I know you probably know this, but for the sake of clarity for others, I mean there's a "heritage" shirt in cotton that's just always available from season to season and doesn't change - which deals with the price and demand side of things for a more expensive thing to produce. The seasonal playing shirts, which might bear no relation to the cotton one, continue to change every season.

Are O'Neils taking over the running of the Boutique at Gilbert Brutus. The French representative mentioned other local clubs St Esteve and Palau too could be involved.

Some players already arriving then. Langi and Smith. Pre-season commences 12th November.

http://www.catalansdragons.com/articles-9/175-6521-inauguration-de-la-boutique-oneills/

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

4 minutes ago, audois said:

Are O'Neils taking over the running of the Boutique at Gilbert Brutus.

Some players already arriving then. Langi and Smith.

http://www.catalansdragons.com/articles-9/175-6521-inauguration-de-la-boutique-oneills/

Probably not. It was probably the unveiling of the O’Neills merchandise having changed across from ISC. 

1 hour ago, philipw said:

I think last year was the first time they haven't produced a cotton version of Leeds kit, I could be wrong on that because I always buy the player issue shirts as I like (and am gullible enough) to spend a bit extra on a non replica

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:57 PM, barnyia said:

Polyester replica shirts on middle aged men is as bad as Lycra on middle aged cyclists! Cotton is the future. Plus you can wear it more than 2 hours without smelling of sweaty pies?

Maybe some deodorant is needed if you have that problem. :yes:

On 11/6/2018 at 9:43 PM, Sydney Hornets said:

In terms of quality of kits I can't fault O'neils. They've done Rochdale a few times now. Last years kits were crackers both in terms of design and quality. My only beef is their sizing, they're on the small size. A XL is more like a large.

O''Neills are an Irish GAA company. They struggle to get decent looking GAA kits.

If they can't get their own sports looking right, what chance have they got with other sports?

It's like getting a kit with an attached mullet.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

28 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

If only. Apparently the club sent the wrong logo to the manufacturer and as it is too late to change they are going to run with it and then change the branding on everything else such as stationary and the season ticket wallets. 

seriously?... it sounds like a gee up

Archived