2019 kits (Merged Threads)

10 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I just think that even if they have raw stats, if they saw a decline in shirt sales no (or little) research would be done to find out what was attributed to that. 

I agree other sports are having more sponsors but they all seem to understand that anything in addition to the initial kit design has to be in-keeping with it. The NRL seem to understand that too - SL not so much. 

Thought this was interesting.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/new-scarlets-kit-revealed-eighteen-14931790

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Ha 18 is pretty impressive - and even with eighteen, the monochrome colour scheme makes it less garish than the 6 or so on some SL kits.

Aye, I don't disagree, I think there is something about design, prominence etc.

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Highly doubt it. 

People seem to be more out off by the design of the shirt, the quality of the material used and the actual material used rather than a shirt having five sponsors on it. 

Yes of course the design is the primary concern of fans but I do think how sponsors appear on a shirt does matter to people and can certainly put them off. NRL kits don't have many less sponsors than SL do, but most agree they make far nicer kits. I think the sponsor placement and NRL logo are a big part of that. Just my opinion of course. 

9 hours ago, gnidir said:

Call me cynical. But I just don't understand the need for the sponsor placement of jerseys lately. I understand the need for many sponsors because they can't attract good ones at the right value, but does it have to look so much like a race driver?

Surely its not that hard for the clubs to sort it out?

homeshirt.thumb.png.7ee40f5cc682cf8f5c01323648e14af2.png

Well, when roger the doger was in charge at Warrington, he was very much in favor of single sponsors, he wasn't happy with how the stadium hoardings looked, with different signage, 150 different companies with 150 different logos and colours all splashed about the place, and was hoping he could entice Fly Emirates to be sole sponser (shirt and stadium ) then he got a better offer and buggered off leaving us in a financial black hole and had ###### off a lot of longstanding advertisers/sponsors by trying to exclude them. Including a main shirt sponsor which meant we went with little known one energy (who i believe is a wire fan based on merseyside).   I don't know how much they paid last year but probably got more exposure than ever previously with us getting to two finals

2 minutes ago, EF2000 said:

just sayin. Coz I have a Huawei which is a bit dodgy.

It might have had 9 in it.  She usually gets an expensive contract (not like me).  Mine is about £250 on a modest sim only. 

I am a bit annoyed that they seem to be unable to change phone batteries now... So I am beginning to think that this forces people to change phones more often if they want.

I get that teams have designs and certain features that are linked to their club (Saints with the V, Wigan with the hoops, Leeds with the band across the body) and it’s hard to produce shirts year-on-year that are different but why Widnes have gone to almost complete black is staggering. Do they even have any history of a near-all black Home shirt?

23 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Outstanding ! Best I can recall in ages . We’ll be doing good business with that . Clean , smart , modern but also traditional 

Just ordered it. 

See if they can deliver to the Netherlands for Christmas. 

11 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Really like Workington one, sponsors look a bit dodgy on the neck but that's just me being picky, one of the best so far! 

Only minus point for me also. Can't understand why they couldn't have blended those two logos into the kit better. But great effort from Town. 

25 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Outstanding ! Best I can recall in ages . We’ll be doing good business with that . Clean , smart , modern but also traditional 

Worky have come out with a beauty. Ker-ching!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived