Sign in to follow this  
Mr Plow

2019 kits (Merged Threads)

Looks like Swinton players' arms have got longer over the years. 😉 

LIONS-1969-KIT-Final-1024x546.png

• Haha 1

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

15 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Looks like Swinton players' arms have got longer over the years. 😉 

LIONS-1969-KIT-Final-1024x546.png

Thank Christ its actually blue..., not quite so confusing... though maybe its silver???

3 hours ago, RP London said:

Its actually blue..., not quite so confusing... though maybe its silver???

Yes, it's blue. But what shade of blue?

No-one's told me what colour that Huddersfield shirt is yet...

Do not fear; only BELIEVE

On 24/04/2019 at 13:10, Shaggy said:

Yes, it's blue. But what shade of blue?

No-one's told me what colour that Huddersfield shirt is yet...

purple? (something has to be!!)

On 23/04/2019 at 15:04, deluded pom? said:

It's just missing a proper collar.

I take it there are no women in your house. My granddaughters have had a preference for using my old rugby shirts as nightwear. They prefer the ones without traditional collars ... which press into their necks.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

3 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

I take it there are no women in your house. My granddaughters have had a preference for using my old rugby shirts as nightwear. They prefer the ones without traditional collars ... which press into their necks.

Yes there are women in my household but none wear rugby shirts as night time attire.

rldfsignature.jpg

Samantha Janus in an Australia shirt in the up and under film ! Only thing better I reckon  would have been her in a gb shirt! 

6 hours ago, barnyia said:

Samantha Janus in an Australia shirt in the up and under film ! Only thing better I reckon  would have been her in a gb shirt! 

From memory there was one other scene in that film where her attire was better!

• Like 1

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

why is it our clubs can do such a bad job on kits yet that Boston 13s one and the Jamaican one are fantastic!!

New England cricket kit by New Balance launched today.

Not RL related obviously, but a good example of the kind of value working with a decent sports brand can have. Really not sure how New Balance get such good value out of their cricket partnership. I guess Cricket fans must be good when it comes to forking out for merchandise and replica.

Video below even makes Cricket like slightly exciting. Even though IMO the kit does look pretty average.

Always felt brands such New Balance and Umbro would be a great home for RL.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

5 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

New England cricket kit by New Balance launched today.

Not RL related obviously, but a good example of the kind of value working with a decent sports brand can have. Really not sure how New Balance get such good value out of their cricket partnership. I guess Cricket fans must be good when it comes to forking out for merchandise and replica.

Video below even makes Cricket like slightly exciting. Even though IMO the kit does look pretty average.

Always felt brands such New Balance and Umbro would be a great home for RL.

New Balance sell a lot of cricket bats and shoes, in addition to replica kit.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

New Balance sell a lot of cricket bats and shoes, in addition to replica kit.

No doubt. I've just never thought Cricket would generate the kind of income for NB to warrant the kind of investment.

In comparison to apparel and hard products, footwear is incredibly expensive to produce, unless you are doing huge numbers.. Maybe they do. It just surprises me they generate such value from the Cricket partnership.

Certainly think RL could generate the same value if (and it's a big 'if') SL and the game in general can get its backside in gear.

Edited by EastLondonMike

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, EastLondonMike said:

No doubt. I've just never thought Cricket would generate the kind of income for NB to warrant the kind of investment.

It's a reasonably new investment as well, I think. I never assume that just because someone is pouring money in that they know what they're doing but they must have done some thinking. England cricket fans do like to wear the kit, even if not the ODI/T20 shirt itself then a lot of the training wear that goes alongside it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

59 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

In comparison to apparel and hard products, footwear is incredibly expensive to produce, unless you are doing huge numbers.. Maybe they do. It just surprises me they generate such value from the Cricket partnership.

Certainly think RL could generate the same value if (and it's a big 'if') SL and the game in general can get its backside in gear.

For a company with their UK HQ in Warrington, they have had a surprisingly limited history in RL. They have made some Wire kits and a Saints kit IIRC.

1 hour ago, EastLondonMike said:

Cricket is a massive market probably second only to soccer and the big north american sports.

The world cup and test cricket is shown on tv all over the world and you can sell clothing, shoes, kit bats pads as well as the usual merchandise.......all the big brands...Nike, Adidas, Puma, Canterbury etc are involved in cricket.

NB are primarily a footwear company expanding into everything else just like Nike and Adidas did.

Maybe if RL had more than kits and balls as specific equipment to sell we might get more interest although i doubt it with our profile.

The new one day kit in the video is a throw back design to the last time England made the final when they lost to Pakistan........Strange thing to commemorate but there you go.

Edited by tuutaisrambo
  • Like 1

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg