Sign in to follow this  
Mr Plow

2019 kits (Merged Threads)

3 hours ago, longboard said:

Did you here a whooshing sound?

Bit of tumbleweed went rolling by but no, then again I don't take much intrest in Soccer any more, or gambling adverts either😎

On 20/07/2019 at 09:37, Whippet13 said:

It is a superb classic logo, I don't understand why they didn't simply retain both the nickname and logo when we switched from GB to England. We have England Knights and GB Lions, so its odd the first team is simply called England and have no nickname (I'm going to ignore the seemingly and thankfully now defunct "Wall of White").

I dont understand that either.. could have easily kept the shirt as well!

the clip shows a fair bit of blue around the colour of burgess so could be interesting 

So there's a union jack on the back. Looks like they've completely binned off Ireland (hopefully). Cannot expect any Irishman to wear or support it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

So there's a union jack on the back. Looks like they've completely binned off Ireland (hopefully). Cannot expect any Irishman to wear or support it.

Can’t even get the shirt right 😂😂

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Why not? Here’s the front of the shirt.

0E7EF5BB-C915-4522-A079-B91A6C94D8BE.jpeg

Edited by deluded pom?
  • Haha 3

rldfsignature.jpg

55 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Blue sleeves...please, the shirt should be all white

The last GB kit had blue sleeves. Maybe they've gone with more blue to try and give it a different look to England's mostly white shirt. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. I'm quite excited by it.

3 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

The last GB kit had blue sleeves. Maybe they've gone with more blue to try and give it a different look to England's mostly white shirt. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. I'm quite excited by it.

Typical RL, announce it the same day as Boris's crowning, how do they expect to get it on the 6 o'clock news with planning like that🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Typical RL, announce it the same day as Boris's crowning, how do they expect to get it on the 6 o'clock news with planning like that🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅

Maybe they've pulled off a masterstroke and Boris has agreed to wear the new GB shirt when he's unveiled as the new PM.

8 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Maybe they've pulled off a masterstroke and Boris has agreed to wear the new GB shirt when he's unveiled as the new PM.

In that case my money is on Hunt😎

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I’d suggest there’s probably quite a few Irishmen who would happily wear it but that’s another topic altogether. Similarly I know plenty of Scots - and indeed English - - who would be put off by it  

Doesn’t exactly do much for the ‘Lions’ concept when compared to the comparatively less-geographic (if that makes sense) RU version. Be interesting to see if it has the “British Isles XIII” logo (featuring Ireland) as in the past. 

• Like 1

On 14/04/2019 at 18:21, Futtocks said:

Wigan in chevrons? Blimey!

And same colours as their closest rivals.

On 16/04/2019 at 08:38, Oliver Clothesoff said:

What’s the significance behind this Milwaukee game. It was essentially a one-off, wasn’t it? Still, not bad shirts even if Wigan look nothing like how I think they should. 

Quite glad the Marvel shirts have been canned, I was never a massive fan of them. 

Old misery guts...😉

12 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

More likely that they're too ignorant to notice or care and RLI are too spineless to say anything to them. I guarantee you that Ireland will still be "officially" involved. It's shameful and I hope Brian Carney goes to town on them on Sky Sports News again but I doubt he will.

10 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’d suggest there’s probably quite a few Irishmen who would happily wear it but that’s another topic altogether.

Assuming you're talking about Northern Unionists - yes they would happily wear that shirt, but for the vast majority if you called them Irishmen you'd get a box in the jaw. But that is quite illustrative of the likely thought process at Red Hall and why having a representative team made up of two states with zero involvement from one of them was always going to end like this.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, damp squib said:

More likely that they're too ignorant to notice or care and RLI are too spineless to say anything to them. I guarantee you that Ireland will still be "officially" involved. It's shameful and I hope Brian Carney goes to town on them on Sky Sports News again but I doubt he will.

Assuming you're talking about Northern Unionists - yes they would happily wear that shirt, but for the vast majority if you called them Irishmen you'd get a box in the jaw. But that is quite illustrative of the likely thought process at Red Hall and why having a representative team made up of two states with zero involvement from one of them was always going to end like this.

How about a GB V Ireland state of Origin.... no better rivalry 

Am expecting a variation of the 2006 jersey worn in the (in)famous Sydney test.

Guess that would tick some boxes for a lot of fans. Hopefully Hummel have improved on that collar and neck opening.

We'll soon find out.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

8 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Hopefully Hummel have improved on that collar and neck opening.

We'll soon find out.

Hope so. My England shirt is about two sizes too large.

13 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

The last shirt didnt have blue sleeves... 

spacer.png

Edited by RP London

3 hours ago, RP London said:

The last shirt didnt have blue sleeves... 

spacer.png

Ah, yes, my apologies. I was thinking of the one before that. Either way, my point was that it wouldn't be unheard of if the new shirt has blue sleeves.

2 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Ah, yes, my apologies. I was thinking of the one before that. Either way, my point was that it wouldn't be unheard of if the new shirt has blue sleeves.

i await to be underwhelmed by this "iconic" shirt if it does.. nice simple old fashioned that lasts would do me.. as per the above.. how we ended we should begin.

11 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Post reported to Matt Shaw. Await your attitude reprogramming training.

imagine this in deputy dawg voice.... With bated breath humph :kolobok_resent:

Communication great as ever. #stillwaiting

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk