Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Plow

2019 kits (Merged Threads)

Not bad. Better from Hummel, with a nice classic Umbro influence. 

Jersey neck drop looks sorted at least.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Just now, 17 stone giant said:

Agreed. I'm happy they didn't go with the four nations badge.

I like the new shirt, and also the anthem jacket and other items. Was it 92 we had that sort of look with the triangles. World cup final 1992 shirt, I think. Good stuff.

Yeah it was 1992. Sponsored by a nice bit of British coal if I remember rightly! 

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Yeah it was 1992. Sponsored by a nice bit of British coal if I remember rightly! 

The greatest sponsor ever for any team, club or country. I've been looking at how I can modify the new shirt to recreate those glory days. I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt.

shirt.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Anthem jacket ... training wear is all in this style!

08DC0784-D08B-40F1-B3D9-12AB25F709A1.jpeg

That is top drawer. My only slight regret is the timing - I'm off to Oz on Friday and even if I ordered it right now I couldn't guarantee it arriving on time...

4 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

The greatest sponsor ever for any team, club or country. I've been looking at how I can modify the new shirt to recreate those glory days. I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt.

shirt.png

I would have thought if we were to be sponsored by coal these days there would just be a 'for sale' sign glued over the top. 

We've had some good sponsors over the years haven't we? British coal, British gas, John smiths bitter, Gillette razors and now we've got cheap, Romanian cars and wood stainer. Anyone would think we're northern, working class sport........ 

4 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I would have thought if we were to be sponsored by coal these days there would just be a 'for sale' sign glued over the top. 

We've had some good sponsors over the years haven't we? British coal, British gas, John smiths bitter, Gillette razors and now we've got cheap, Romanian cars and wood stainer. Anyone would think we're northern, working class sport........ 

We?

rldfsignature.jpg

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

GB

Sincerest apologies HG. For some reason I thought you were Farmduck. Ornithology isn’t my strong point. 

rldfsignature.jpg

40 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Anthem jacket ... training wear is all in this style!

08DC0784-D08B-40F1-B3D9-12AB25F709A1.jpeg

It's utterly shameful that triangles have been missing since '92. This top has at least gone some way to righting that terrible wrong.

23 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Sincerest apologies HG. For some reason I thought you were Farmduck. Ornithology isn’t my strong point. 

image.png.e6efc95af3716f771506c615f65ef2be.pngimage.png.ea874b339616bd0acefe16c632bf4e63.png

Shoulda gone to Specsavers.

• Haha 3

Love it. Like others have said, I like the simplicity. Going to be getting the polos as well.

Not crazy on the mass of triangles on the training gear but appreciate the nod to the old days and it might look decent in real life! 

It's nice, but I don't think it's amazing. Removing the blue sleeves would improve it massively.

And I'm assuming Brian Carney wasn't consulted about it either.

• Like 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Far better than what I was expecting,  good😎

I must be in the tiny minority who prefer my Vees flat. I actually hate it when they continue below the sponsor.

Shirt is a thumbs up for me. White sleeves would improve it I feel - the blue ones always remind me of that cheap looking top they wore when Brian Noble was coach. But overall a pretty good effort.

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

The video is actually good. 

You get to see the full kit also.

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 2

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

48 minutes ago, Celt said:

I must be in the tiny minority who prefer my Vees flat. I actually hate it when they continue below the sponsor.

Shirt is a thumbs up for me. White sleeves would improve it I feel - the blue ones always remind me of that cheap looking top they wore when Brian Noble was coach. But overall a pretty good effort.

No, I'm with you. 

Love the front of the shirt and overall look but I’m not one for a union flag so it’ll be the (really decent looking) training gear for me I reckon. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

That is top drawer. My only slight regret is the timing - I'm off to Oz on Friday and even if I ordered it right now I couldn't guarantee it arriving on time...

Do it and if it arrives after you've left get someone at home to post it out to a drop postal point 

On 20/07/2019 at 21:41, Clogiron said:

Bit of tumbleweed went rolling by but no, then again I don't take much intrest in Soccer any more, or gambling adverts either😎

Aaaahhhhhh.

That's yes then. 🧐

9 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Love the front of the shirt and overall look but I’m not one for a union flag so it’ll be the (really decent looking) training gear for me I reckon. 

Yes, dont think that has ever been on before, not sure why they felt the need to add it.

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yes, dont think that has ever been on before, not sure why they felt the need to add it.

To annoy Ireland?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, longboard said:

Aaaahhhhhh.

That's yes then. 🧐

Sorry, it's that long ago I've forgotten what the question was?

If yes makes you happy then yes, after a heat induced sleepless night I can't be ar*ed to argue😎