London in Superleague

13 hours ago, frank said:

The middle eights should never have taken place, a bad idea from the start.Why should teams finishing at the bottom of SL get a second chance, those  teams will be in the same position at the end of next season.

Again, what has that got to do with this thread? The team that finished bottom got relegated. It's nothing to do with anything.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

There is no way that Wigan, Saints and Wire will allow their teams to be singled out for merger, so watch out Wakefield / Cas, Hull / Hull KR.

Can you go back and actually read what was posted because you're beginning to look silly now.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

‘The club will install extra seats at the ground in West Ealing in time for next season to satisfy Super League requirements. Trailfinders Sports Club seats just 1,147 but they plan to install another 1,089, taking the total above the minimum 2,000.’

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/other-sports/martin-offiah-s-fired-up-as-1m-london-broncos-bounce-back-into-the-big-time-a3956351.html

39 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

‘The club will install extra seats at the ground in West Ealing in time for next season to satisfy Super League requirements. Trailfinders Sports Club seats just 1,147 but they plan to install another 1,089, taking the total above the minimum 2,000.’

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/other-sports/martin-offiah-s-fired-up-as-1m-london-broncos-bounce-back-into-the-big-time-a3956351.html

Also good to see coverage from the Evening Standard.

Interesting that the report leads with quotes from Martin Offiah. Perhaps the Broncos need to be getting Offiah involved in some sort of 'ambassador' role, schmoozing with local businesses etc. He is known name in the area with obvious connections both with the Broncos and the (dare I mention it) Union supporters in London.

17 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I think neutrals want to see tries or try saving action.

It was tense, but hardly showcased the best of the sport.

They saw plenty of the latter, the Wolfpack were held up across the line 4 times you know.

24 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Also good to see coverage from the Evening Standard.

Interesting that the report leads with quotes from Martin Offiah. Perhaps the Broncos need to be getting Offiah involved in some sort of 'ambassador' role, schmoozing with local businesses etc. He is known name in the area with obvious connections both with the Broncos and the (dare I mention it) Union supporters in London.

I definitely agree about Martin Offiah.  It's a shame that he didn't go into a coaching or management role somewhere after he retired, if he had the background for either one he'd be a both credible and high-profile hire for such a role.

4 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

If nothing else that report emphasises the need to get rid of the “million pound” moniker. It doesn’t exactly make the sport look as though it’s punching its weight but also misrepresents that actual TV monies revived in SL.

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

12 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

If nothing else that report emphasises the need to get rid of the “million pound” moniker. It doesn’t exactly make the sport look as though it’s punching its weight but also misrepresents that actual TV monies revived in SL.

Aye. Championship Grand Final will do.

5 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Wow Offiah still plays amateur league in London at age 51 according to the Standard article. The Extra seating at Trailfinders is needed along with fixing the place up a bit. Until the Broncos are regularly packing out Trailfinders they need to stay there on the positive side a small boutique ground is good atmosphere and community. As other people have said take a couple of bigger games to larger Venues in London. RFL needs to get Broadcast partners Sky on board to help market bigger drawing games as events in London. Be interesting to see if London Broncos in 2019 can top Salfords 2018 home average of 2,826.

Well done to London. Personally, I enjoyed the game, it’s probably the first time i’ve watched a try-less game and some of the defending was fantastic although I can see how it wouldn’t be everyone’s cup of tea.

Will the assitional seats improve the capcity or is it swapping standing space for seated?

1 hour ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

Wow Offiah still plays amateur league in London at age 51 according to the Standard article. The Extra seating at Trailfinders is needed along with fixing the place up a bit. Until the Broncos are regularly packing out Trailfinders they need to stay there on the positive side a small boutique ground is good atmosphere and community. As other people have said take a couple of bigger games to larger Venues in London. RFL needs to get Broadcast partners Sky on board to help market bigger drawing games as events in London. Be interesting to see if London Broncos in 2019 can top Salfords 2018 home average of 2,826.

The stadium doesn't need fixing up at all, its a great facility.  The extra seats are needed though. I hope they play all their home games there.  No need to mess around, 4k is more than 4 x their current average crowd and more than sufficient.

7 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Thanks seat counter

Just now, Man of Kent said:

No worries! I’m sure London can sell out every game if they give away enough free tickets :wink:

Like Salford did?

It would be good if London could take a leaf out of Toronto’s book and incorporate beer tents. Maybe even a jellied eel cannon ??

Just now, DoubleD said:

Like Salford did?

It would be good if London could take a leaf out of Toronto’s book and incorporate beer tents. Maybe even a jellied eel cannon ??

West Ealing is rather different to downtown Toronto but it has potential. 

Hopefully they’ll spend a bit on marketing but at the moment it seems to run off the smell of an oily rag.

Just now, Man of Kent said:

West Ealing is rather different to downtown Toronto but it has potential. 

Hopefully they’ll spend a bit on marketing but at the moment it seems to run off the smell of an oily rag.

I’m quite intrigued by the Trailfinders ground so will look to make a visit when Leeds play there next year. 

2 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

The stadium doesn't need fixing up at all, its a great facility.  The extra seats are needed though. I hope they play all their home games there.  No need to mess around, 4k is more than 4 x their current average crowd and more than sufficient.

I have never been there but from how it looks on TV there are gaps in the ground railings and billboards could do with a bit of maintenance. Maybe temp stands or a Toronto style beer garden Tents to block the view of the carpark by the pavilion. While there at it make the pavilion more of a stand maybe adding a couple more rows of seating in front of the pavilion. Is there a suitable media area? medical area? not hating Im happy London are promoted but Trailfinders will have to be able to supply all the required facilities that are expected at a Super League ground.

Just now, kiwis 13 6 said:

I have never been there but from how it looks on TV there are gaps in the ground railings and billboards could do with a bit of maintenance. Maybe temp stands or a Toronto style beer garden Tents to block the view of the carpark by the pavilion. While there at it make the pavilion more of a stand maybe adding a couple more rows of seating in front of the pavilion. Is there a suitable media area? medical area? not hating Im happy London are promoted but Trailfinders will have to be able to supply all the required facilities that are expected at a Super League ground.

Have you been to Belle Vue?

Archived