Paul Rowley Perrenial Choker

22 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

A totally cheap, demeaning and graceless headline and spurious comment.

Not unfactual though he again has had a team that have finished top and dominated the championship yet failed to deliver. An assistant coach with no prior head coaching experience took a side where he couldn’t. But obviously signing a heap of the players that were part of that failure won’t have helped either.

22 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

A totally cheap, demeaning and graceless headline and spurious comment.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

There are rumours that Rowley has chosen to leave - or will be leaving.

kiyan posted in length but didn't mention Noble wanting a pre-season,for a whole new squad,to gel,in South Africa.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/salford-red-devils-fall-train-7817417

Dr Koukash has been called many things,but he has kept his counsel about his early years at Salford.

I think it is certain there will be huge changes at Toronto - on and off the field.

I will be very surprised if Rowley is still in position in 2019.

Well if he chooses to leave thats up to him...its not an easy job being the Coach of the first a TransAtlantic team.  If he stays he stays.   As far as I'm concerned he is our current coach and he has my full support, as does the entire management team...they have done a bang up job.

Change seems to be a constant in RL so nothing could, or would, surprise me.  My default position is always that you stick with the horses that brung ya.

So much BS coming out of people's mouths on this forum.

Toronto went 5-2 in the Middle Eights and were very close to beating Hull KR.  Change the Hull KR result and Toronto are first place and an automatic promotion and we aren't even having this conversation.

As for Toronto's performance against, they were held up three times and botched three other chances to score.  Outside of Pallisier running wild for that ten minute period in the first, London never looked like they were going to get a try.  London's defence managed to withstand the pressure and they came out victors.  

I watched most of the games in the Eights and only Halifax didn't look like they belonged on the field.  London, Toulouse and Toronto are all clearly good enough to play in Super League.  

Any calls for Rowley to go are highly premature.  Rowley was classy in defeat and he should be given another kick at the can.

1 minute ago, CanadianRugger said:

Toronto went 5-2 in the Middle Eights and were very close to beating Hull KR.  Change the Hull KR result and Toronto are first place and an automatic promotion and we aren't even having this conversation.

As for Toronto's performance against, they were held up three times and botched three other chances to score.  Outside of Pallisier running wild for that ten minute period in the first, London never looked like they were going to get a try.  London's defence managed to withstand the pressure and they came out victors.  

I watched most of the games in the Eights and only Halifax didn't look like they belonged on the field.  London, Toulouse and Toronto are all clearly good enough to play in Super League.  

Any calls for Rowley to go are highly premature.  Rowley was classy in defeat and he should be given another kick at the can.

Look at it another way.

Huge budget and talented squad packed with SL and NRL players that walked the league when there was no pressure. In the 8s:

• Struggled against Halifax who everyone else pumped
  • Very poor against HKR at home who showed they were beatable by Toulouse
  • Should have lost at home to Toulouse if a video ref had been there
  • Couldn't get over the line against 12 man Salford
  • Struggled against Widnes at home, possibly one of the worst SL teams of all time
  • Ironically beat London fairly convincingly 
  • Beat a Leeds team by a point after they had effectively packed up for the season, but decent result
  • Choked against London who have a much cheaper squad and you had already beaten twice.

TWP should have been promoted looking at the circumstances, Rowley has to carry the can for that failure.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

6 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

London, Toulouse and Toronto are all clearly good enough to play in Super League.  

With the current squads they have, no they aren't, at all.

You talk about BS at the start of your post, irony I assume? 

Just now, Wildcat said:

The trolls certainly are out and about today...my point above just proven...sad.

Just now, Kayakman said:

The trolls certainly are out and about today...my point above just proven...sad.

So basically anyone who disagrees with you or dares to have a differing opinion regarding TWP is a troll basically.

Yet you are barred from RLFans for trolling it seems. Pot, kettle etc. 

1 minute ago, Wildcat said:

Did I say win Super League?  All three beat Super League sides in the Eights and Widnes is knocked out.  They are good enough to play in Super League.

Just now, CanadianRugger said:

Did I say win Super League?  All three beat Super League sides in the Eights and Widnes is knocked out.  They are good enough to play in Super League.

None of those three sides with the current squads they have are good enough to play in SL never mind win it. 

They would all need to strengthen considerably to even compete in SL.

Just now, Wildcat said:

So basically anyone who disagrees with you or dares to have a differing opinion regarding TWP is a troll basically.

Yet you are barred from RLFans for trolling it seems. Pot, kettle etc. 

Not at all as long as they talk sense......so you admit you are a troll from RL fans...WHAT A SHOCKER!

I don't post on RL FANS and am not barred from anything....get your facts straight troll.

Just now, Kayakman said:

Not at all as long as they talk sense......so you admit you are a troll from RL fans...WHAT A SHOCKER!

I don't post on RL FANS and am not barred from anything....get your facts straight troll.

I have zero desire to be dragged into one of your many spats on here, you are what you are. Best form of defense etc.

Do have a pleasant afternoon. 

4 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

I have zero desire to be dragged into one of your many spats on here, you are what you are. Best form of defense etc.

Do have a pleasant afternoon. 

I aleways do...get lost troll...mosquito season is supposed to be over after Thanksgiving.

SMACK!

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

I aleways do...get lost troll...mosquito season is supposed to be over after Thanksgiving.

SMACK!

Lovely, I shall enjoy seeing how London Broncos recruitment goes for next seasons SL squad, exciting times for them.

23 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

Is Rowley better at kicking the can than O'Brien kicking for goal?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

41 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

There's no point in what ifs re; the hull kr result as the same what ifs can be applied to tolouses disallowed tries,either way it's a great result for London and that's the way it goes.I don't think for a second that rowley is a choker and I've no doubt that twp will be promoted next year

4 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Ther

There's no point in what ifs re; the hull kr result as the same what ifs can be applied to tolouses disallowed tries,either way it's a great result for London and that's the way it goes.I don't think for a second that rowley is a choker and I've no doubt that twp will be promoted next year

We had our destiny in our own hands and we flubbed it....so the cookie crumbles.   We will learn lessons from it and be back next year stronger than ever...believe that...we will be making some new signings....we are not fooling around this time.

8 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Ther

Good post and I agree.  It was a very close Middle 8s and no team bar Leeds was really safe until the very end.  Toronto were unlucky but that's the way she goes.

I was entertained which is what sport is all about.  I'm happy London got promoted but am sad it came at our expense.

I'd like to see Toulouse, London and Toronto all in Super League.

17 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Well it sure seems that there are alot of people from other teams with strong opinions about us letting our coach go. They all seem to be based upon what happened to him before he became the Coach of TWP.  I think he has done a good overall job in his two years.

Look back what Kevin Tamati did with Salford in 1990.

He built a team that completely outplayed teams in the lowest division.

With parttime players and good coaching.  Took Salford into a final against Widnes (who believe it or not used to be good!).

Had a cup run knocking out teams in the division above.

What Rowley did was take on teams that would get wiped by a NCL side.

Taking NRL and Superleague players and give them the skill level of an under 8s team.

You were bad you just played development teams.

Archived