New RLEF General Manager announced

Grown revenues and participation in his time in Wales despite funding and staff cuts from the RFL.

Has also overseen increase in Junior teams, and increased the number of Wales Rep teams playing year in, year out.

For having so little to work with, to achieve growth, is encouraging.

That said Danny K had glowing references when he left Lebanon and whilst in my opinion, I felt he did a good overall role, there are plenty who would disagree.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

12 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

Grown revenues and participation in his time in Wales despite funding and staff cuts from the RFL.

Has also overseen increase in Junior teams, and increased the number of Wales Rep teams playing year in, year out.

For having so little to work with, to achieve growth, is encouraging.

That said Danny K had glowing references when he left Lebanon and whilst in my opinion, I felt he did a good overall role, there are plenty who would disagree.

That is a good start then.  Working on a shoestring budget is probably the #1 prerequisite for taking the RLEF job.  I suppose time will tell how he goes in this new role.  I hope he goes well and the game keeps growing across Europe.

Have onlyheard positive things about him from people in Wales. Its a tough Job that he will step in to and for me Danny K did a fantastic job with little money or Support from much of the game outside Leeds and St.Helens. Leeds assisting withe Coach Development and St.Helens alongside the St.Helens Ref Society assisting the development of Refs. Hopefully Chris Thair will use some things that Danny did well like getting money out of the EU and others to help assist the development of Coaches and Match officials etc across Europe and beyond. Its good to have somebody who has some experience of development Rugby League and also used to working with little money and many problems. That is where most Nations are in reality. A Couple of Volunteers basically running things on a shoestring budget.

10 hours ago, Number 16 said:

Knew him from his days in London. Will go well.

Yup, I think I met him a couple of times.  Nice lad.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived