Swinton v Town final, final, final

Townfan1992

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Mellor, Hambley, K Maudling, Morris, Rooke, Doran, Forber, Dickinson, Newton, Dawson, Olstrum, Moore, G Maudling...maybe. Curwen, conditioner Matthew Johnson and Leon on the bench makes 16. 

17......if they persuade Les Horrigan to come back from retirement.........

Just now, DavidM said:

Craig McDowell on the news just said we’ve 12 bodies but hope to find 17 with ‘broken bodies’...

If that is the case the rfl need to hang there heads in shame if they do not allow players to be brought in. They concocted a new play off system 3 weeks before the end of the season, added an extra game, and now would appear to be penalising teams whose players have taken holidays. Fine for Leigh and featherstone for financial problems or otherwise but not us or swinton when it is the rfl in the wrong. That absolutely stinks and to be honest shows what a joke administration the rfl are. 

Just now, IanMac said:

If that is the case the rfl need to hang there heads in shame if they do not allow players to be brought in. They concocted a new play off system 3 weeks before the end of the season, added an extra game, and now would appear to be penalising teams whose players have taken holidays. Fine for Leigh and featherstone for financial problems or otherwise but not us or swinton when it is the rfl in the wrong. That absolutely stinks and to be honest shows what a joke administration the rfl are. 

He said one had managed to change plans but one was best man in Mexico and one on holiday to America 

23 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

Awful to put us all through this....the season is long and hard enough without this happening.

Like your username.......Is it re your job...or your hobby..Lol

I am a Gas Safe registered engineer and I agree it is awful to put us all through this.

Lets see wot team we end up with... And good luck town 4 Sunday!! I Totally agree with most comments, the RFL are an absolute shambles and incompetent to rule the game, i can let a few ridiculous decisions go by but at least become consistent, what is the difference between swinton/town & Leigh/Fev? If anything this week game would meet criteria for dispensation even more, it was planned at last minute...no wonder the game loses popularity with idiots in charge...its as if no1 in RFL takes a backward step and goes 'hold on a sec, think that is a slightly ridiculous decision' 

I think this whole episode shows what the rfl think about the lower tiers of semi professional rugby league. The promised land of super league has made it a very elitist sport with once great clubs just being treated with disdain. The ironic thing is I enjoy watching league 1 and championship rugby and where I would never miss super league on tv I have watched a handful of games this year. That maybe says more about me than the product, but the games, with a few exceptions, are so regimented that I no longer find them exciting. If someone brought up on rugby league and a supporter for over 50 years thinks that how do they increase what is a dwindling audience. It certainly isn’t by acting like a school bully to the lower divisions by forcing through changes to the promotion and relegation systems 9/10ths of the way through a season and then wondering why fans are calling it a farce because teams can’t raise a team. Unlike the prima donnas of super league, semi pro players have jobs, they need to fit holidays around their work and rugby, if that means booking the first week after the season has finished that is what they will do. But then you get the super doopers want to change things, the knock on affect being our season increases in length by a week. You can imagine the conversation in the rfl

Dont worry about that lads it’s only going to be a game involving promotion and relegation between 2 has been clubs, let’s throw a toincoss in for venue so it looks really amateurish and hope they struggle to raise teams. We’ll kill them off before long if we keep treating them like this. 

Unfortunately I think the game that I grew to love from the age of 6 and have adorned the terraces every year since is losing its appeal for me. Not because I have lost my love for the town but because the powers that be couldn’t give a ***** about our rugby. They have proved that beyond doubt with this debacle. Rant over up the town. 

Have we had the players in for training at all this week (even though the season should be finished) or have they all had the week off? I know a lot of injured players often turn up to training even though they cant join in but have treatment off our medical team?

With at least 6 injured players it might have been worthwhile training just to get them a bit of extra treatment! Unless of course even our medical team had pre booked holidays planned as well!

Our appeal for dispensation to sign loan players has definitely been turned down and Leon is talking about only having 12 players. I find this situation completely staggering. Would we have got special treatment,if like Leigh we had problems paying our players or were in dispute with them. The rfl have lost all credibility. 

4 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

And banned another cos he might have made contact with a players head but they're not sure. The Bradford players said he did so he must've. 

And Lear told the player to stay down. As soon as fui was sent off he jumped up. Shades of continental footballers

Just wondering who owns the RFL?

THEY ARE SO incompetent.  Is there a.system in place to have a vote.of no confidence in the senior management team. I fear we are going to lose our beloved sport. Things are so dire it may well be too late. 1963 was my initiation to DP.

Good Luck boys for Sunday UTT

Boycott the game it will cause more of a stir and hopefully everyone will be on the back of the corrupt gets. It’s absolutely shocking that the game should be aloud to go on when teams can’t field a team what’s wrong with putting game back till everyone has a full squad or bare 18 to pick from.

Archived