Swinton v Town final, final, final

Townfan1992

41 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Are the Wigan lads not on season long loans as part of the transfer agreement that took Swintons centre to Wigan a couple of months ago.

Paisley and Woods have both played part for Wigan in the super 8s I think? It’s a strange one

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say the Workington club are in danger of bringing the sport into disrepute here (along with a couple of other Championship clubs). 

As a professional outfit, it's simply unacceptable not to field a full 17 man squad on Sunday. The late notice isn't ideal but a club run professionally shouldn't find itself in such an embarrassing situation. 

Players let go mid season. 

Players banned. 

Players not recruited from the many talented amateur clubs.

No academy or reserves. 

Players crying holidays. If I had a holiday booked but a long held ambition of promotion at work could be realised - then I'd move heaven and earth to make it happen. The club pays good money. Make them play or get rid. 

Swinton are a poor championship side (and admittedly don't have anything below a first team) but it's clear to see for any neutral that they are better placed for the Championship than Workington. 

11 minutes ago, costa said:

I must say the Workington club are in danger of bringing the sport into disrepute here (along with a couple of other Championship clubs). 

As a professional outfit, it's simply unacceptable not to field a full 17 man squad on Sunday. The late notice isn't ideal but a club run professionally shouldn't find itself in such an embarrassing situation. 

Players banned. 

No academy or reserves. 

Players crying holidays. If I had a holiday booked but a long held ambition of promotion at work could be realised - then I'd move heaven and earth to make it happen. The club pays good money. Make them play or get rid. 

Swinton are a poor championship side (and admittedly don't have anything below a first team) but it's clear to see for any neutral that they are better placed for the Championship than Workington. 

Not really. Had the season not been extended by a week at the 11th hour, none of the above would’ve been an issue.

And you can’t expect players to wait until a month before the end of the season to book a holiday just incase the RFL throw an extra game in. 

They’ll be back in training in November it’s not exactly a huge window to go away.

15 minutes ago, costa said:

Players banned. 

No academy or reserves. 

Put ya fishing rod away?? ???

4 minutes ago, costa said:

Players banned. 

No academy or reserves. 

Thanks for your really incisive and knowledgable comments. You are obviously so well informed on all that concerns Cumbrian rugby league, but to just clear a couple of points up - we are a semi professional club, for your info that means our players have a job outside rugby. Our squad is mainly Cumbrian based with players signed from the many talented amateur clubs. Your very correct in raising the point we do not have an academy or reserves, as I am sure many other teams within the sport don’t. Presumably if your employer said your holidays were to commence on a given date and you booked a family holiday only then to be told you had to work, you sound like the kind of guy who would say stuff the family holiday I’m going to work. Unfortunately other people put their families first in this situation, a sod I know but that’s how it is with decent folk. Thanks for your summation that any neutral can see swinton are better placed for the championship. I’m sure on the back of their highly successful season they’ll be delighted to receive your backing. 

Has the squad been released? All very quiet from Town, no call to arms or anything, have they given up? I expected an angry reaction to the RFL decision but not a jot. Have they just rolled over?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

3 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Has the squad been released? All very quiet from Town, no call to arms or anything, have they given up? I expected an angry reaction to the RFL decision but not a jot. Have they just rolled over?

I thought that myself, I know there's been a lot going on behind the scenes but our social media has been very quiet.

Maybe they're all on holiday? ?

1 minute ago, The Voodooguru said:

Yes it’s very quiet. No reaction from Leon or the club. In these adverse situations they normally come up with a very professional statement so it’s odd there has been no comment. The social media accounts have been the quietest they’ve been all year. No doubt we’ll get a fine from the rfl for not releasing squad details.

8 hours ago, costa said:

Players banned. 

No academy or reserves. 

Bringiing the sport into disrepute? The RL have done that themselves. Why would you think swinton are better placed to be in the championship ? I admire Swinton and always have done but they have been the nomads of RL for the past 28 years and because of that they are poorly supported, is it because they are nearer to most clubs ? This is one the worst troll posts ive ever seen. Well done.

9 hours ago, costa said:

Players banned. 

No academy or reserves. 

What an absolute Tosspot you are pal

9 hours ago, costa said:

Players banned. 

No academy or reserves. 

Imbecile. 

The focus has to be on the game now.

There has been traditional media work with local radio, TV & press. 

The message to me anyhow has been clear. 

Alot of time ,effort and focus on a lot of things going on behind the scenes. All unfortunately to no avail. 

Decisions have been made by Rfl and now the focus is on the game. 

Players were offered to forfeit and declined , they are fully focused on giving it their best shot. 

That's all I need to know.

We know where the game is, we know the team needs us.

Up the Town

I agree it’s been subdued and weve hardly concentrated on the game itself .It’s a real shame and I get the feeling we are just fulfilling the fixture for pride and giving it whatever we have left . The ill informed criticism from outside is pathetic . There’s guys there taking risks , making sacrifices, busted and knackered , and biting the bullet to get out there for the club 

50 minutes ago, ameliasdaddy said:

If that’s true about declining the forfeit, I take my hat off to them even more.

They would rather give it a shot with fewer bodies, some who should not be taking the field at all.

Outstanding boys

Yep proud of  putting their bodies on the line when not fully fit etc.  Reminds me of the speech Henry V made in 1415 before Agincourt when he said “we few we happy few we band of brothers”.

18 minutes ago, Old standoff said:

Yep proud of  putting their bodies on the line when not fully fit etc.  Reminds me of the speech Henry V made in 1415 before Agincourt when he said “we few we happy few we band of brothers”.

How old of a stand off are you? 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

3 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

I would doubt that very much. Maybe a quiet determination to let their playing do the talking ? Maintaining the Shakespeare references: "To be or not to be ..............to suffer the slings and arrows of the outrageous RFL or to take up arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing thus end them!" or something like that.

Come on Town make our year!

20 minutes ago, maripins said:

I don't know how official this is but on OURLEAGUE website they name our squad as -

CURWEN, DAWSON, DICKINSON, DORAN, FORBER ,HAMBLEY ,G.MAUDLING ,K.MAUDLING ,MELLOR  ,MOORE, MORRIS, NEWTON ,OLSTRUM, ROOKE. 14

Swinton name 19!!!!

If so that’s that then 

Leon saying he’s decided to take no risks with injured players as he has a duty of care to players . He’ll go with 13 if necessary . Can’t say I blame him. This is all very sad after a good season . Muppets at HQ should hang their heads but in reality don’t give a $hit

Archived