Swinton v Town final, final, final

Townfan1992

10 minutes ago, wayne_r said:

It was a great game for the neutrals today  - I saw the RFL top brass were at the match and got a good telling off from everyone.

I am pretty sure with a fully fit squad Workington would have won today - Swinton played as they have all season, some good individuals but not really gelled as team.

I think a bit of luck was the difference today - thought Workington scored well worked tries and should have had at least one more had your centre not spilled the ball when trying to pass it - I was really impressed with your full back and stand off and left wing (who looked really pacey).

The atmosphere was good and everyone at you club can be proud of your team and your fans.

I had heard before the match that Leon Pryce was on his way to Dewsbury - but from what been said here he is staying - which should be good as he has clearly done a good job.

All the very best for next season - for both our sides really.

Well said. Good luck to your boys next season too

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dkw said:

What an effort by our lads that is, I couldn't be prouder yo be a town fan than I am today, even in defeat. So 15 played, at least 3 of them shouldn't have and we only list by the slightest of margins against a team in a league above after the last few weeks of incredibly tough away games. I look forward to hearing from those morons who keep telling us the players want to leave, won't play for Leon etcas for the corrupt pricks at the rfl, I hope they are ashamed when they see the blood, sweat and tears our boys put into that game, you don't deserve to have a club and players like that under your "leadership". 

Lot of them lads in tears at end, shows what playing meant to them, hardly lads that dont want to play for a coach

Very proud of the players and the club, they gave it a real go and thats all we can ask of them.

I'm already looking forward to next season, the clowns at the RFL have only delayed our party by 12 months UTT!!!!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

So proud of the whole team , with such a busted squad , and playing a Team that had a fortnight off , it was just one game to many . its hard to pick an individual out from that performance , but I thought Tyler Dickinson was outstanding ,how many players on duel reg or loans have you seen play there hearts out like he did for the team , would love Town to sign him . but I don't think it will be long before he is playing in the super league on a regular basis . Also what can you say about Karl Olstrum  I've  never seen a player with a busted side  put is body on the line , and tackle like he did . The emotion he showed at the end shows how much he loves this game , BOD you have to give him a contract . Scott Rooke's  try was just fantastic pity it wasn't in the league , that try would have been a genuine contender for try of the season . I could go on and on about each individual , that's how proud I am of the whole team , and not just this game but throughout the whole season  and finally l would like to thank the BOD ,BACKROOM STAFF , VOLUNTEERS ,  and LEON . For giving us a brilliant SEASON .   UTT FOREVER

Oh yes I forgot to say the RFL officials ( Mr Rimmer etc) did not stay after the match as I saw them walking to their car which was parked away from the ground...……..cannot imagine why they wouldn't have wanted to stay on after the match.

Anyway all the best for next season.

37 minutes ago, wayne_r said:

Oh yes I forgot to say the RFL officials ( Mr Rimmer etc) did not stay after the match as I saw them walking to their car which was parked away from the ground...……..cannot imagine why they wouldn't have wanted to stay on after the match.

Anyway all the best for next season.

He’s probably still there looking for it 

16 hours ago, RayH said:

As mental as you like

but Christ how haven’t you gone up...

MODERATOR:A warning has been issued to RayH about his persistent and negative comments,The next one will be resulting in a ban.Trolling will not be tolerated on the Town Forum.Thankyou..

17 hours ago, Onreport said:

Lot of them lads in tears at end, shows what playing meant to them, hardly lads that dont want to play for a coach

The lads also play for each other and the club, the bond between all the players after working so hard together all season will be immense, 

5 minutes ago, Harvey1 said:

Why all the hate towards the RFL? They changed the rules at the end of the season which gave Town another promotion chance which they wouldn't have got. It's not the RFL's fault that Swinton won!

Sorry Harvey1, you are missing the point, Town and Swinton have been very professional about this, the point is the RFL had no consideration for player welfare, knowing fine well we could not field a competitive team on Sunday and didn’t allow us to bring anyone in, as they had done the previous week with Leigh and Fev, however it seems our 12 fit players gave a great account of themselves and came through with heads held high and very nearly pulled it off.

31 minutes ago, Harvey1 said:

Why all the hate towards the RFL? They changed the rules at the end of the season which gave Town another promotion chance which they wouldn't have got. It's not the RFL's fault that Swinton won!

You answered your own question. What do the RFL actually do well?

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

34 minutes ago, Harvey1 said:

Harvey, if you worked in a factory and boss told you a year in advance that the factory would close for 2 weeks on the 7th of October and you went and booked an expensive family holiday after that date, what would you do if 4 weeks before your hols he told you the factory was now closing a week after. How would you feel about that ? Town didn't ask for the extra game the RFL decided they wanted to expand the championship at short notice they should have promoted York and Bradford and let Donny and Town play off for the 3rd place. Swindon shouldn't have been in the equation they finished bottom and deserved to come down. Nothing personal against them, I think they are a great club and their fans were very welcoming on Sunday as they always are. Anyhow whats done is done so maybe we should the tirade against the RFL and concentrate on another tough championship 1 next year. Let's face it we all know the RFL couldn't run a raffle but it's been like that for the past 40yrs.

1 hour ago, bobg said:

Sorry Harvey1, you are missing the point, Town and Swinton have been very professional about this, the point is the RFL had no consideration for player welfare, knowing fine well we could not field a competitive team on Sunday and didn’t allow us to bring anyone in, as they had done the previous week with Leigh and Fev, however it seems our 12 fit players gave a great account of themselves and came through with heads held high and very nearly pulled it off.

The clubs agreed that Leigh and Fev could draft in players as a one off due to it being a final.....not the RFL. So Town knew this was not a RFL decision.

8 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

The clubs agreed that Leigh and Fev could draft in players as a one off due to it being a final.....not the RFL. So Town knew this was not a RFL decision.

The RFL sanctioned a request from the clubs, or do you think they had nothing to do with it?

9 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Eh ? The RFL do have to make the decision 

I'm not sure what your point is, the very first paragraph shows the rfl sanctioned a request from the clubs, which is exactly what I wrote.  And is exactly what happened with town, we made a request and they turned it down. 

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

I'm not sure what your point is, the very first paragraph shows the rfl sanctioned a request from the clubs, which is exactly what I wrote.  And is exactly what happened with town, we made a request and they turned it down. 

They sanctioned the request because it was from both clubs and the clubs in Championship and League One agreed unanimously to it. The difference in your case was that only yourselves asked for dispensation. If Swinton had as well they would have had to ask the other clubs. Maybe unfair that both clubs have to ask for dispensation before it is considered. Yes the RFL did allow Leigh and Fev but only after consultation with the clubs. If the other Championship & League One clubs had said no then it would not have happened.

My point is the Leigh v Fev scenario is different to yours due to both clubs asking and as with the change of system and the extra game the clubs voted for that. OK the RFL allowed it but it was the clubs in the Championship and League One, including Town who voted that system in.

2 minutes ago, town4me said:

Why does this mean so much to you marrafan? Your like a man on a mission. So whats your point? 

Just trying to put things straight. Everyone on here is blaming the RFL but the clubs in the Championship and League One are all equally to blame as I say above. They voted the system in, they allowed Leigh and Fev the dispensation. Everyone is knocking the RFL who are an easy target but the clubs just sit back and pass the buck to them. Had Swinton asked for dispensation as well you may have stood a chance as the other clubs had already set a precedent the week before.

2 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Just trying to put things straight. Everyone on here is blaming the RFL but the clubs in the Championship and League One are all equally to blame as I say above. They voted the system in, they allowed Leigh and Fev the dispensation. Everyone is knocking the RFL who are an easy target but the clubs just sit back and pass the buck to them. Had Swinton asked for dispensation as well you may have stood a chance as the other clubs had already set a precedent the week before.

No marra, what you  are doing is regularly coming on this forum as a haven fan having veiled digs at town. 

Archived