Swinton v Town final, final, final

Townfan1992

14 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Leon saying he’s decided to take no risks with injured players as he has a duty of care to players . He’ll go with 13 if necessary . Can’t say I blame him. This is all very sad after a good season . Muppets at HQ should hang their heads but in reality don’t give a $hit

Cant blame him at all can you, if a raffle was ran as bad you just wouldnt buy a ticket!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Leon saying he’s decided to take no risks with injured players as he has a duty of care to players . He’ll go with 13 if necessary . Can’t say I blame him. This is all very sad after a good season . Muppets at HQ should hang their heads but in reality don’t give a $hit

I really admire him for that. His first year coaching and he had a chance of gaining promotion, but he is putting the players care as his first priority and is not asking them to push their bodies to a point where they may suffer further. It is just so sad that the governing body don’t have the same principled outlook on the very people who provide them with an existence.

19 hours ago, costa said:

I must say the Workington club are in danger of bringing the sport into disrepute here (along with a couple of other Championship clubs). 

As a professional outfit, it's simply unacceptable not to field a full 17 man squad on Sunday. The late notice isn't ideal but a club run professionally shouldn't find itself in such an embarrassing situation. 

Players let go mid season. 

Players banned. 

Players not recruited from the many talented amateur clubs.

No academy or reserves. 

Players crying holidays. If I had a holiday booked but a long held ambition of promotion at work could be realised - then I'd move heaven and earth to make it happen. The club pays good money. Make them play or get rid. 

Swinton are a poor championship side (and admittedly don't have anything below a first team) but it's clear to see for any neutral that they are better placed for the Championship than Workington. 

What's the matter?

Did the bigger boys not let you have a turn in the sandpit today?

I am of the opinion that town do not want to go up this season,I know we get an increase of money for going up but i do not think it will supply enough personnel for the Championship.I might be wrong but that is my opinion.I really would like to see the club go up just to the effing fingers up to the RFL,A bunch of ######s all of them..Tossers..???

48 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

I am of the opinion that town do not want to go up this season,I know we get an increase of money for going up but i do not think it will supply enough personnel for the Championship.I might be wrong but that is my opinion.I really would like to see the club go up just to the effing fingers up to the RFL,A bunch of ######s all of them..Tossers..???

Careful Barry..you'll be getting a ban ?

2 hours ago, troutmaster said:

How do you come to that conclusion ?

I still think we will somehow fill the bench tomorrow and will give swinton a hard game. Whether we will have enough to beat them is another thing but we will not go down without a fight!

Players like olstrum, doran, newton and gordon never turn up to make up the numbers and if we still have dickinson and mellor they wont be just turning up for the travel money! Just a shame the rfl have stopped the game from being shown live because i think it will be a really good game

14 hours ago, troutmaster said:

I think the extra £100k incentive would want everyone associated with club to want promotion. I wasn't too bothered and was annoyed when the RFL shifted the goalposts at the last minute, it should have been implemented for next season as we all know. Having said that, I would love to see the boys pull it off today against massive odds. For me it would be up there with watching the Lancs cup win or Old Trafford. UTT

Good luck today lads. The odds and the RFL are against us but them, get stuck into them from the start, and see how they handle it.

I'm sure Leon will be asking them to put the ball into touch as often as possible to slow the game down and get a breather. We will be a match for them as long as the lads have belief they can do it. I'd love to stick it up the RFL amd see the promotion victory song on Twitter, but it's more important none of our players get injured because of the situation they have been put in by the clowns in charge.

Come on boys one last effort UTT!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Wish you all the best today. I know this is real backs  to the wall stuff for you. Go out and give 'em a good hiding, then stick 2 fingers up at all the idiots that have been slating you on these forums. Hope that you are playing against the Knights next season. 

Good luck to however many put on the jersey today. Play for the badge, the club, the town and more importantly for those around you on that  field. We know you will give your all as you have done all season. Whatever happens hold your heads high and play with pride. It has been a great season and the club do not deserve what has been thrown at them this week. UP THE TOWN

Good luck to the fellas today, I’m sure each and everyone will give there all to try to win the game. And if we fail we will do what the rfl would hate the most and win the league and get promotion properly next season. Up the town 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

The RFL has a rap sheet of incompetence that just gets longer and longer . It’s one thing after another with them over years . 

Pardon my ignorance..... (tho it's often bliss)....but who are the RFL?...do they still hang out at Red Hall, Leeds?

Who has the final say on issues the likes of which have affected Town for today?

Just wondering?

14 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

Pardon my ignorance..... (tho it's often bliss)....but who are the RFL?...do they still hang out at Red Hall, Leeds?

Who has the final say on issues the likes of which have affected Town for today?

Just wondering?

I think they moved to Manchester under mr Rimmer who’s been around in the past among many mess ups and was rewarded with the top job . They have less n less power with SL flexing its muscle but what they do oversee just seems to often marred by poor leadership and a perception of amateurism   - didn’t they change a date for a test match after loads of folk had arranged everything for one . Maybe they should let someone like Elstone run the game as the leadership now from where we sit looks rubbish 

Archived