Jamie’s caught again. Whoops, he did it again....

A player who's discipline seems to be getting worse as he gets older.Never seen anyone drop the ball as much as he has done this season.

Been very costly for Leigh these last couple of seasons,hopefully he finds another full time club who've got the staff that know how to join the loose wires together

Only 5 matches for a player with his track record is a disgrace. He has been charged 12 times in the last 3 seasons. He has likely finished a player's career this season and was very lucky not to finish Greg Bird's last year. Will it actually take a death before the Dusciplinary committee sort him out & just ban him from this game

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Within that asylum of his head, there is actually a good rugby league footballer lurking in there trying to get out, maybe someone who is a much better coach in the pshycolgical respect than those who have tutored him in the 5 years he has been at Leigh could maybe bring out, then again?

How many has there been Harry.  Rowley, of course, Beamont (helped with the coaching at one time, Cunningham, Purtill.  Have they all preached the same message?  Doesn't Jamie have a rresponsibility himself?

The offence occurred near the end of the game and involved an attack to the head with the arm/shoulder on 19-year-old Tyler Dupree, who was playing his first senior game of rugby league (not saying that should have any impact on the ban of course, just adding context). Dupree had passed the ball from the floor and was on his knees when the attack was made, and the "tackle" was so late that Ian Hardman had already caught the pass before Acton made contact.

There is a good case that he should be banned from playing Rugby League in RFL sanctioned competitions.

He is a danger to player safety and if we take that seriously then he should be banished for good.

His record speaks for himself. Get rid of him. He is a ticking time tomb with no defuse setting. 

Any reckless/malicious hits to the head & neck area should be punished severely.

Acton being exiled would be a good starting point.

I once saw Billy Thompson sort Tim Street out at Castleford, he simply pulled him to one side and basically told him if he did it again he would not give him protection, now if it was open season on him, he'd soon either stop being a daft ###### or end up very hurt himself.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

13 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Is there such a thing as Sine die nowadays.

Attacking a referee or something totally off the scale , but otherwise i don’t think so .  Just time limited bans it seems . You’d think accumulation and constant repeat offences should result in longer bans rather than incident by incident 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Attacking a referee or something totally off the scale , but otherwise i don’t think so .  Just time limited bans it seems . You’d think accumulation and constant repeat offences should result in longer bans rather than incident by incident 

I think the problem is the way the disciplinary seems to work these days. Often you read charges with the comment 'no injury', 'player landed safely on arms', or ' no contact with the head' resulting in no ban, whereas if there is an injury or contact with the head there is a ban - 'spear' tackles and shoulder charges being 2 obvious examples. It shouldn't matter the outcome, bans should result from the act.

19 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

How many has there been Harry.  Rowley, of course, Beamont (helped with the coaching at one time, Cunningham, Purtill.  Have they all preached the same message?  Doesn't Jamie have a rresponsibility himself?

With due respect LD look back at what I said and in particular the last two words and a question mark.

You miss a coach out being Neil Jukes, but I am not surprised you didn't recall him such was his impact.

Derek Beaumont, please - helped out - he may if we are to believe what Rowley said that he kept sticking his nose into team selection and suggesting how they should play, but coaching!

Rowley himself, well he has been chroncled so many times that his teams play to the edge if not over the boundaries of legallity, so he does not fit the bill. 

Cunningham if he was paid on his coaching successes he would owe his employers money. 

Leaving Keiron Purtill, well my absence of words is enough said on that subject.

And what you do not mention was really the crux of my reply, I have watched him from very close quarters in those 5 years and I honestly believe as I said leaving the stupidiy at one side, he could have been one of the top forwards in the country, the natural abillity for a prop is there, the coach who could develop him to his potential and rid him of his demons has never been around.

And hes not that good as well..

In my days in the shaw cup back in the day he would have been educated at some point in the game....

As a Leigh fan we don't need this kind of player. We need team players not rogue warriors...

I had to ring LSV yesterday to get them to remove an offensive hash tag from the official site.....

I told them remove it or I will see you  in court...

Leigh have had enough bad press of late ....What is happening? ?

Rudderless. ....

48 minutes ago, Thunder Road said:

And hes not that good as well..

In my days in the shaw cup back in the day he would have been educated at some point in the game....

As a Leigh fan we don't need this kind of player. We need team players not rogue warriors...

I had to ring LSV yesterday to get them to remove an offensive hash tag from the official site.....

I told them remove it or I will see you  in court...

Leigh have had enough bad press of late ....What is happening? ?

Rudderless. ....

Well we both share the expierience of the now much missed Shaw Cup, but we obviously differ in JA's percieved abillity with good coaching.

I will agree with you we do not need player's of his kind, I was relating and hoping for what could have been.

The other scenario you talk about, I have not a clue, I will look but if it has been removed I will never be none the wiser! 

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

With due respect LD look back at what I said and in particular the last two words and a question mark.

You miss a coach out being Neil Jukes, but I am not surprised you didn't recall him such was his impact.

Derek Beaumont, please - helped out - he may if we are to believe what Rowley said that he kept sticking his nose into team selection and suggesting how they should play, but coaching!

Rowley himself, well he has been chroncled so many times that his teams play to the edge if not over the boundaries of legallity, so he does not fit the bill. 

Cunningham if he was paid on his coaching successes he would owe his employers money. 

Leaving Keiron Purtill, well my absence of words is enough said on that subject.

And what you do not mention was really the crux of my reply, I have watched him from very close quarters in those 5 years and I honestly believe as I said leaving the stupidiy at one side, he could have been one of the top forwards in the country, the natural abillity for a prop is there, the coach who could develop him to his potential and rid him of his demons has never been around.

I seem to remember Beaumont saying he was packing up assisting during training sessions, or words to that effect.  Maybe someone will confirm.

I tend to agree, somewhat, regarding his ability, but I do think he's gone a couple of steps further that Hock did.  The RFL are also due a review of the Grades as it seems the deterrent isn't enough.

Archived