Kiwis struggle to sell tickets as Tonga paint Auckland red

Abicus

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! What an amazing game!!!! Omg, my heart was beating so fast then, Im sodding sweating, I was praying to bloody everyone who would listen then, god, allah, budda, any ######!!!!   

International rugby league, come on people, it is alive and well! Come on Tonga, come on England!!

Just now, Davo5 said:

Great game,great finish,even better result,Aussie's by 20 Pffffft.

Roll on Tonga

Many English fans take satisfaction when another team beats Australia because their team have not had a victory in two lifetimes.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Congratulations to  New Zealand.

Well done.

It was the strangest Test match between two "tier one"  Nations I have seen in recent memory.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

2 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

NZ having a population 5-6 times smaller than Australia yet beating them in both codes of rugby. What does that say about Australia? Even more what does it say about a tiny nation like NZ? Biggest rugby talent factory

The Kiwis even being close to the Kangaroos (and England for that matter) is unbelievable when you look at it.

9 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

Score flattered the Aussies.

In more ways than twelve!

3 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

NZ having a population 5-6 times smaller than Australia yet beating them in the only rugby.

Is amazing

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

23 minutes ago, Allora said:

Many English fans take satisfaction when another team beats Australia because their team have not had a victory in two lifetimes.

It's actually been 48 years. If that's two lifetimes where you live you probably ought to check out your cholesterol levels.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Great game and NZ looked the better team for much of the game. I think Brandon Smith coming back on in the second half was the key. He is an energetic all action player. He created the energy for the Kiwis and they responded. I thought he was very unlucky to have a second try ruled out. Yes it was on the foot partially but i thought there was contact with the grass as well. Then from that the Roos go up field and score.

Shame not a big crowd but  hopefully this game and the Tour will restore the belief in the Kiwis from the fan base in NZ. I can see Tonga beating the Aussies as well. They looked very ordinary and clueless outside of the Mitchell/Holmes in attack. Forwards did little and in the second half made not the metres the Kiwis were. The Spine of 1,6,7 and 9 also didnt control or have the composure of the game like the way the Big 4. That is not a surprise . I think the 2 Late tries flattered the Kangeroos and the Kiwis did look very tired in the last 10 Minutes.did. I saw outside Mitchell and Holmes very little threat from the Kangeroos.

9 minutes ago, Allora said:

For me it's more a case of wanting to support the underdog. I support the kiwis against the kangaroos, but I support the wallabies against the all blacks. Maybe if you keep losing like you did today, I'll eventually switch my support. :)

If that last kiwi try (or no try) was allowed I think the Kiwis would have rolled up to 40. That would have brought excitement back to the NZ team by the fans. They kind of stuffed a bit by letting the Aussies back into it. They just switch off. Maybe they needed to do some Warriors breathing exercises to calm down a bit. 

Just now, deluded pom? said:

Of course we do in any sport. You can’t tell me most Aussies don’t want to see England lose. 

I kinda want to see England defeat Australia in a RL tournament.

I like to see England thoroughly defeated at every other sport though!

Archived