8 Dewsbury 1,001
9 London  861
10 Swinton 840
11 Sheffield 704
12 Rochdale 549
  Summer B 11,805
Total 249,125
Avg 1,818

Not a bad average overall in 2018... Don't forget we lost hull kr and Bradford from 2017

2019 we can attract new and old supporters back to the club as it really could be exciting times ahead and great teams to play against us 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:
1 Toronto 5,781
2 Leigh 3,539
3 Toulouse 2,437
4 Featherstone 2,316
5 Halifax 1,752
6 Barrow 1,239
7 Batley 1,082
8 Dewsbury 1,001
9 London  861
10 Swinton 840
11 Sheffield 704
12 Rochdale 549
  Summer B 11,805
Total 249,125
Avg 1,818

Not a bad average overall in 2018... Don't forget we lost hull kr and Bradford from 2017

2019 we can attract new and old supporters back to the club as it really could be exciting times ahead and great teams to play against us 

Not bad at all ktf.  Do you know what the previous seasons averages were. 

3 hours ago, andyram said:

Just wondering what the average would be without that game included in the final count.

WHY ?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

8 hours ago, RPH said:

WHY ?

It's called jealousy RPH coz were a bigger club now and nowt to stop any other club having a big get together to celebrate a life and also raising 20 grand for charity! Good club Batley RL

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

It's called jealousy RPH coz were a bigger club now and nowt to stop any other club having a big get together to celebrate a life and also raising 20 grand for charity! Good club Batley RL

Absolutely agree with the reasoning of the day's events, i was one of the 2328 in attendance.

I was enquiring about what the overall averages would have been without this match added to it, where under normal circumstances the attendance would have been around the 600/700 mark.

The comment about bigger club, think i will agree to disagree on that one !!

1 hour ago, andyram said:

Absolutely agree with the reasoning of the day's events, i was one of the 2328 in attendance.

I was enquiring about what the overall averages would have been without this match added to it, where under normal circumstances the attendance would have been around the 600/700 mark.

well before you disagree, have a look at some a your crowds on highlights dvds or u tube stood in south stand for fev/fax/and even toronto.not many to count fella.and it will get worse for 2019 .same for plenty a clubs for 2019 as us old duffers cant fill terraces for ever.

1 hour ago, andyram said:

IMO...by bigger club he might mean bigger than what we were.....as opposed to bigger than you.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

9 hours ago, andyram said:

Whinging Jowsbry plop-noncer 

At the end of the day the recorded attendance is how many turned up on the day to watch the match it is irrelevant what supporters paid in.

All credit to Batley for getting involved in working together for the community.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

56 minutes ago, Dogstew said:

Whinging Jowsbry plop-noncer 

I see the standards on this forum advance every day - keep it up DS.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, RPH said:

IMO...by bigger club he might mean bigger than what we were.....as opposed to bigger than you.....

No I meant bigger than them. We attract better players better coaches better match day experience and a better class of fan.. ergo bigger club

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

8 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

No I meant bigger than them. We attract better players better coaches better match day experience and a better class of fan.. ergo bigger club

So Diskin IS better than Ned, and Dogstew was wrong. :rolleyes:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

So Diskin IS better than Ned, and Dogstew was wrong. :rolleyes:

Not seen anyone on here promoting Kelly as a superior replacement option for Diskin.

The ‘classy’ undertone from Jowsbry fools on this thread is that ‘Batley only get bigger crowds by letting people in for free on the more in common day’.

Well big deal and so what? It’s a great event with a big turnout. And another thing to be proud of at this great historic club.

23 hours ago, andyram said:

Can I assume that you believe the figures above are accurate?

I see attendance figures quoted in the rugby papers most weeks, and the same game can apparently have anywhere from 550 to over 800, depending on which paper you read.

I also remember going to Halifax, for one of the last matches of the season (it was the season before Widnes won, sorry, were awarded a place in SL) and as part of Halifax's own bid to get a license, they needed to achieve average gates of 2000 at home that season.

Officially, there were over 4000 at that game against us. I reckon at least 2500 of them were not only silent, but they were wearing the best camouflage known to man, because they were absolutely invisible to the 1500 (at best) who were visible at the game. ;)

Archived