Player Roster 2019

Angelic Cynic

Signing number 15 is young Welsh hooker/half back Liam Rice-Wilson

Who joins the club after playing for Coventry Bears last term.

Born in Kent,and played for Medway Dragons as part of his development.

He also has the honour of scoring a try at Stebonheath Park.( No field goals,though.Yet.)

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Squad member 16 has been announced,without any build-up,

and it it's a good one.

Prop Ross Price will be amongst a good set of players as he stays with us for 2019.

I hope to see more of him,and hope he realises his potential in the season ahead.

He already seems to have earned plaudits from head coach Kim Williams.

Some welcome news with the announcement of 3 re-signings from the 2018 squad.

Morgan Jefferies,who was injured in Australia and missed the majority of the campaign yet still turned out to support his teammates,

joins Dalton Desmond-Walker,who did likewise,and Rowland Kaye.

I wish them well in what seems to be a very good competition for places in 2019.

After the last 4 Welshmen named for 2019,the club now name another 2,to bring the squad size to total 21.

The first was in our squad for last year - but didn't feature.Some people didn't think we had injuries;so I can't possibly comment.

Best of luck for 2019 to Dan Maiden.who has impressed Kim Williams with his work in training.

Kim Williams described the second signing as a beast in the gym.

A huge welcome to Ryan Shallish.

Not only is Ryan a former player of the other code but he has represented his country playing for the deaf side.

As fate would have it,Ryan had to fund himself to represent the national union side in Australia - but the union officials were gracious enough to have a few nice words,of which Ryan can be very proud.

http://www.cowbridge-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=119533&headline=Ryan helps Wales land world crown&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

I think i may have found my hero for the year - 

• 2 weeks later...

Signing no 22 announced today is Ronnie/Ronny Palumbo,25 yrs, a second row/centre

but described by head coach Kim Williams as having the ability to play in a number of positions.

Squad member no.23,flying in from the Seagulls,Wynnum Manly that is,will be full back/winger

Liam Clark,to add to the competition for places.

I don't quite have an age for him,but he has been through the Brisbane Broncos Development system and has had 4 years

with Wynnum Manly Seagulls,who recently had former Super League half back Michael Dobson in their ranks.

Nothing for a long time - then 3 come along all at once.

Squad members 25,26,and 27 are all Welshmen with 2 of those from last years squad.

Kurtis Haile featured in a majority of games,and Sam Baker not quite so many.

Alex King,a half back/hooker with kicking skills is a new signing.  

The 29th player announcement is forward Mike Connor who has represented Wales in rugby league at under age level,

played for Scorpions in the past,and has played and coached in the other code.

• 3 weeks later...

Brad Kislingbury becomes the 31st member of the squad re-signing for the 2019 campaign and like Phil Cowburn,joined the club

last year after playing for Gloucester All Golds.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Jonnyfun said:

Going to come and have a look this season.

Wise decision,Jonny,and I am sure the experience will be just as your Username,fun.

The approach to the stadium doesn't quite prepare anyone for the Sports Bar attached to the ground,or the breathtaking perfection of the playing surface.

We need both an individual,and a team performance to do justice to the pitch.

This is that year... 

Archived