Player Roster 2019

Angelic Cynic

The first signing for the 2019 campaign has been announced.

A points scoring machine from Australia.

A young man who has captained his previous sides,and made the decision to join Kim Williams at West Wales Raiders.

Tyler Hunthttps://www.raidersrugbyleague.co.uk/club-news-1

Best wishes to Tyler for the year(s) ahead and welcome to the club.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Our second signing is French winger/centre Mickael Sabour

A 23yrs old from Toulouse who has just spent some months with Boston 13's,where former Thunder winger Robin Peers is coaching.

Former Welsh international Peter Lupton may also still be coaching out there.

Mickael scored 8 tries in 6 games while in the USA.

Wish him bonne chance in West Wales in 2019.

Whoever you sign I hope things get better for you, I saw you guys on Bradford bulls YouTube channel and you played with real heart and guts and did some good stuff with ball in hand. I'm a Rochdale fan and west wales raiders come up frequently  in conversation and everyone had been saying how they commend the attitude of your boys to put that shirt on week in week out. Shows a real love for the sport and something that can be respected.

15 hours ago, The Lad said:

Whoever you sign I hope things get better for you, I saw you guys on Bradford bulls YouTube channel and you played with real heart and guts and did some good stuff with ball in hand. I'm a Rochdale fan and west wales raiders come up frequently  in conversation and everyone had been saying how they commend the attitude of your boys to put that shirt on week in week out. Shows a real love for the sport and something that can be respected.

Thank you so much for coming to that conclusion,and then expressing it so eloquently.

As you follow Rochdale the choice of coach with Carl Forster is excellent,and it will be interesting if his contacts with St Helens manages to confirm a dual reg with The Hornets - or Saints remain with Sheffield Eagles - as both clubs remain in The Championship.

I am absolutely certain both clubs we follow will enjoy better fortunes in 2019.( I also hope Mr Kilshaw has an easier time of it )

Once again,thanks for taking the time on such a heart-warming post. 

Signing number 3 is a Greek international,from Australia.

Robert Tuliatu,  22yrs of age,is described as a hard running second row forward.

He can be viewed representing Greece in the Emerging Nations games of this month.

pears to be a

Signing number 4,is another winger from Australia.

Elliot Jennings, has spent this year at Maitland Pickers,where his player coach was former Super League full back Luke Dorn.

He was previously through the Newcastle Knights system.

Another 23yrs old who has elected to travel to West Wales Raiders and leave behind a club very much on the up. 

33 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

See...told you to stick with it ;)

If only that brewing company did an award for Off-Season  Coach Of The Year.:dancer:

Promising,thus far.

Benefit to both our clubs,I reckon - https://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/16504/kear-invites-three-club-head-coaches-to-visit-wales-training-camp - 

Signing number 5 is a re-signing.

My favourite player,from the difficult 'first' season,who has 'lost' a year,because he is only 19 - and not 20 as I thought.

The good news is back rower Archie Snook will be continuing his industrious efforts.

Could well be good competition for places in the pack.

Signing number 6

Is Welsh international Lewis Reece

who spent last year with Whitehaven

Described as a second rower/centre,but who earlier in his career played at full back.

He has kicked goals for the national side.

11 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

All the very best for the 2019 season to all at the raiders from all at the roughyeds.

Cheers.Reciprocated.

There is a very long way to go before the 2019 campaign gets underway.

I expect the governing body,once the internationals are finished - mid to late November,to make some announcements.

I do wonder if League 1 starts later than the other divisions,or whether an extra tournament is included,or whether dates for  Ladbrokes challenge Cup games are altered,to have a different date for the final,now that Wembley has not been sold.

Probably rule changes,as well.

Only certainty is Oldham will be a difficult side to beat and will have a loyal following.

7 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Cheers.Reciprocated.

There is a very long way to go before the 2019 campaign gets underway.

I expect the governing body,once the internationals are finished - mid to late November,to make some announcements.

I do wonder if League 1 starts later than the other divisions,or whether an extra tournament is included,or whether dates for  Ladbrokes challenge Cup games are altered,to have a different date for the final,now that Wembley has not been sold.

Probably rule changes,as well.

Only certainty is Oldham will be a difficult side to beat and will have a loyal following.

Everything will be left to the last minute as per usual. It wouldn't be the RFL without rule changes particularly part way through a season. I've watched this game for 25 years plus and it still baffles me. Hope you recruit well for next season.

Signing number 7 is the return of Welsh international Ashley Bateman

I enjoyed watching him playing,last season,then he went to Coventry Bears!

I have absolutely no doubt I shall enjoy it even more next year,when he plays alongside better players.

A versatile player who will hopefully realise his true potential in 2019.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:27 AM, Angelic Cynic said:

Thank you so much for coming to that conclusion,and then expressing it so eloquently.

As you follow Rochdale the choice of coach with Carl Forster is excellent,and it will be interesting if his contacts with St Helens manages to confirm a dual reg with The Hornets - or Saints remain with Sheffield Eagles - as both clubs remain in The Championship.

I am absolutely certain both clubs we follow will enjoy better fortunes in 2019.( I also hope Mr Kilshaw has an easier time of it )

Once again,thanks for taking the time on such a heart-warming post. 

I hope carl is a good appointment we need to keep this momentum we have going 3rd year in championship, we are keeping our dual reg with Warrington but I wouldn't mind some SH Helens players now and then. We tried a dual reg with them before when  Ian Talbot was our coach but it was kind of hit or miss. I hope he brigs those two PNG boys form Whitehaven with him. 

You will have a better year from what I know you have no stadium worries which is not something all League 1 clubs can say and a group of lads who want to play for you and you seem to be adding players that come from good clubs, which will give you an edge that maybe you where missing. 

Just do me a favour if you only win one game next session make it against the crusaders.

Best of luck for next season.

It went a bit quiet - and a former Welsh international prop was signed by a Super League club but

Back with a bang and a bit of a surprise.

A forward who has played the other code for the Army.He has played in a few positions.

Welshman Craig Fillier has signed for the club.I can't quite find out his exact age but mid 20's seems about right.

He has played at a couple of large stadia,but Stebonheath Park awaits.

Craig is signing number 8.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, wackojacko said:

Dimosthenes Kartsonakis signs, making him the second Greece-born and trained player to get a contract in League One. An outside back in the Greek national side, he should add a fair bit of depth.

There was once an actor who played the part of a funny man called Wacky Jackie - which is what your username reminds me of.

I did read about a Greek signing on Monday - but I do hope you have not overlooked our other Greek national player,Robert Tuliatu.

I don't suppose you know how to pronounce the first four letters of the forename? At the moment it doesn't lend itself to an easy song.

The pair of them are bringing the hirsute look to the club.

But they could be hirsutely -challenged by Scotsman Sam Herron,a 6'2'' 105 kg prop forward who has represented his country up to A team level,played in Australia and just finished with Red Star.Belgrade.

A new head of strength and conditioning arrived all the way from Australia,recently.,Bradley Lawton,and he will be joined by the equally clean -shaven Rob Simon and Rob Welch.

Good health.Success and happiness to all for the time ahead.

I haven't overlooked Tuliatu but he is Australia-born and raised AFAIK, what I find really promising is players that have been trained in other European domestic structures like Kartsonakis and Herron coming over to play in the UK leagues. I really hope they're up to scratch and go well for the Raiders, who are fast becoming one of my favourite L1 teams.

6 hours ago, wackojacko said:

I haven't overlooked Tuliatu but he is Australia-born and raised AFAIK, what I find really promising is players that have been trained in other European domestic structures like Kartsonakis and Herron coming over to play in the UK leagues. I really hope they're up to scratch and go well for the Raiders, who are fast becoming one of my favourite L1 teams.

It's refreshing to have a head coach who can see the potential in young players and be able to attract willing professionals who want to improve.

I was impressed with this interview - despite the small spelling difference.

https://neoskosmos.com/en/121955/greek-rugby-league-team-looks-to-emerge-triumphant-in-sydney/

12 hours ago, FearNothing said:

Looking good AC :)

Looking better,with more signings to be announced this week.

Nice feelgood factor - but then most supporters of clubs are optimistic before the season commences.

I do detect a totally different mindset.

While waiting for further signings to be announced,here is a little bit about signings 9 and 10.( Should my counting be correct )

http://everythingrugbyleague.com/red-star-take-the-flying-scotsman-on-their-journey-to-cup-success.html

http://everythingrugbyleague.com/kalimera-llanelli-west-wales-raiders-add-greek-flavour.html

Impressive and informative website.

3 re-signings are announced.

All 3 young pack members,though Nye Walker has played in other positions.

He is joined by the 2018 joint captain,Connor Parker and Harry Boots.

Signing no.14 (?) for the squad joining,along with Sam Herron,from the quadruple winning Red Star Belgrade,

will be Jack O'Brien,who is 25,and can play in a number of positions.

Originating from South Sydney,Australia,he didn't take up the sport until late;he was 4,and has served a number of clubs,including Hemel Stags,where he played in Toronto.

Archived