Official Club Statement.

WTRLFC WEBSITE

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RFL can do what they like, right or wrong, because they know we can't afford to take them to court. This deserves as much publicity as it can get! We want Swinton in the Championship, know your place minnows! UTT

This absolutely defies logic. How can a governing body threaten a club in that manner. Even if you think you have a good case when a threat of that nature has been issued are you really going to put the clubs financial position at risk? Well done to the club for exploring all avenues and good luck tomorrow. 

So basically all we’ve had from the RFL is you can forfeit the game if you like . Very kind . We as a club should never forget all this . People talk about the state the game is in ... it filters down from having the most incompetent governing body in sport . We’ve always known the small community clubs don’t matter . Starry eyed expansion is all the go 

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

So basically all we’ve had from the RFL is you can forfeit the game if you like . Very kind . We as a club should never forget all this . People talk about the state the game is in ... it filters down from having the most incompetent governing body in sport . We’ve always known the small community clubs don’t matter . Starry eyed expansion is all the go 

RFL MAFIA.

What happens if we get injuries or a send off again and are playing with fewer than 13? Honestly I can’t get my head around all this . They wouldn’t even let us try to get eligible players who played for us and Swinton got four to make up there numbers . 

5 minutes ago, donald said:

youse have been totally shafted would have been interesting what would have happened if you beat bradford last week and they where struggling for a ream this weekend

Yep.....never underestimate the influence that Mr.Kear has within the corridors of power....he would have got his way for sure.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by the governing body. I knew what they thought of us ever since the PSG episode, but I have to say I am shocked by what they have brewed up this time.

Well Leon is a pundit on talksport tonight for the Grand final. Let's hope he gets the chance to share this with the wider public.

I hope those going can formulate some sort of protest at the game tomorrow as this stinks.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

It’s a shame we can’t drag them through the courts . They know fine well clubs like ours are on a meagre budget and the big corporate bully tactics do the trick . It says we are still considering our options so I’m glad we are at least showing the strength of our feelings . This will stand but it shouldn’t , it stinks . 

I hope we pull this off tomorrow just to put a huge finger up at the RL 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Totally getting disillusioned with the RFL , I fear for the game if these incompetent people keep running the game ,they are just a bunch of bully boys .who all they think about is the power they have.  and looking after Super League . I HOPE  ITS RAINED OFF WITH A WATER LOGGED PITCH , AND THEN SEE WHAT THE CLOWNS WILL COME UP WITH .  

6 minutes ago, silverfox said:

Totally getting disillusioned with the RFL , I fear for the game if these incompetent people keep running the game ,they are just a bunch of bully boys .who all they think about is the power they have.  and looking after Super League . I HOPE  ITS RAINED OFF WITH A WATER LOGGED PITCH , AND THEN SEE WHAT THE CLOWNS WILL COME UP WITH .  

Probably blame the weather on cumbria and award it to swinton

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

To all the players that are putting there bodies out on the Pitch tomorrow  .PROUD OF YOU ALL ,AND IM SURE THE SUPPORT YOU WILL GET FROM THE SUPPORTERS WILL GIVE YOU ANOTHER 10% EFFORT. AND COME AWAY WITH A WIN , KEAR'S FACE WAS BAD ENOUGH WHEN WE BEAT THEM , WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE MUPPETS WHO RUN THE LEAGUE WHEN IT HAPPENS . COME ON YOU TOWN .

I am sorry I think its a disgrace what is happening - I hope you are able to field a team for tomorrow's game, I agree with all you comments - RFL have shown time and time  again they favour certain clubs and treat everyone else with distain.

I know it gives Swinton a last chance at survival - but the whole thing has been shambolic - hope at least tomorrow the match is played in a good spirit and if you win good luck in the Championship next season - you will have deserved it. If Swinton win, well I would be happy as it keeps us in the Championship, if we lose it would a true reflection of our season.

Here looking forward to a good game - which I am sure it will be …………...

Let's not forget this isn't the first time Workington have failed to muster 17 players. You don't need a long memory to remember this happening in the Championship, before it was all the rage. 

And all this fuss for a potential third L1 promotion spot which also wasn't envisaged at the beginning of the season (I didn't see that mentioned in the statement). Any other year everyone would already be on their hols smoking a big fat one. 

Is this the kind of club we want in the game's second tier?

This whole episode is getting to the stage where I'm beginning to hate the game and the arrogant clowns who run it, it's that bad that I'm having second thoughts about watching tonight's grand final and certainly won't be attending any of the NZ games that I intended to see........that will teach them ?

Many thanks to the Board and background staff for all the efforts they have made to try to ensure a fair competitive game tomorrow.

Well done to the Coach for putting the safety of the players first, and well done to the injured players for being willing to put their injured bodies on the line tomorrow.

And finally well done to the players for their supreme efforts this season and for what they will endeavour to do tomorrow despite the odds.

It is absolutely imperative that we field a team tomorrow, whatever the numbers, whatever our feelings and whatever our problems. We can't lose tomorrow whatever the actual result, because tomorrow it is all about our pride and belief in Town. 

Whichever league we are in come 2019, it will be an honour to support a team and club that has principles.

I CAN ONLY SHOW ADMIRATION FOR OUR CLUB. ONCE AGAIN THEY HAVE ISSUED A PRESS STATEMENT THAT  SHOWS TOTAL COMMITMENT TO THE CAUSE WHEN WE'RE UP AGAINST THE RFL. A DIGNIFIED AND CONCISE STATEMENT. OUR BOARD HAVE SHOWN THE BIGWIGS WHO TREAT US WITH UTTER DISDAIN HOW CONTROVERSIAL SITUATIONS SHOULD BE HANDLED. IT SHOULD BE PUBLISHED IN EVERY PAPER COVERING RL AND EVERY RL MAGAZINE. I SUSPECT THERE ARE MANY GENUINE RL PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT EVEN AWARE OF HOW OUR CLUB HAVE BEEN TREATED. VERY PROUD AND GUTTED.

MALCOLM KELLEY

4 minutes ago, costa said:

Let's not forget this isn't the first time Workington have failed to muster 17 players. You don't need a long memory to remember this happening in the Championship, before it was all the rage. 

And all this fuss for a potential third L1 promotion spot which also wasn't envisaged at the beginning of the season (I didn't see that mentioned in the statement). Any other year everyone would already be on their hols smoking a big fat one. 

Is this the kind of club we want in the game's second tier?

Not mentioned in the statement ? The whole episode is due to the 11th hour decision to put 3 up, we didnt ask for it and im sure most fans didnt want it. It should have been left as it is this season. I dont know who you support but its obvious you've never had to deal with a crippling injury crisis at your club.

Archived