Official Club Statement.

WTRLFC WEBSITE

8 minutes ago, costa said:

Let's not forget this isn't the first time Workington have failed to muster 17 players. You don't need a long memory to remember this happening in the Championship, before it was all the rage. 

And all this fuss for a potential third L1 promotion spot which also wasn't envisaged at the beginning of the season (I didn't see that mentioned in the statement). Any other year everyone would already be on their hols smoking a big fat one. 

Is this the kind of club we want in the game's second tier?

Go away

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Supporter said:

Many thanks to the Board and background staff for all the efforts they have made to try to ensure a fair competitive game tomorrow.

Well done to the Coach for putting the safety of the players first, and well done to the injured players for being willing to put their injured bodies on the line tomorrow.

And finally well done to the players for their supreme efforts this season and for what they will endeavour to do tomorrow despite the odds.

It is absolutely imperative that we field a team tomorrow, whatever the numbers, whatever our feelings and whatever our problems. We can't lose tomorrow whatever the actual result, because tomorrow it is all about our pride and belief in Town. 

Whichever league we are in come 2019, it will be an honour to support a team and club that has principles.

Couldn't agree more! Tomorrow is about finishing the season with pride and belief in our great club.

14 minutes ago, costa said:

Let's not forget this isn't the first time Workington have failed to muster 17 players. You don't need a long memory to remember this happening in the Championship, before it was all the rage. 

And all this fuss for a potential third L1 promotion spot which also wasn't envisaged at the beginning of the season (I didn't see that mentioned in the statement). Any other year everyone would already be on their hols smoking a big fat one. 

Your posts are so ridiculous I could almost imagine you work for the rfl. If not I’m sure there’s a job ready and waiting for you.

15 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

And we really think we will be awarded a WC game? More chance of me scoring the winning try tonight, #rflrunbymuppets. 

At this rate there’s more chance of me winning Miss World  and being presented with the trophy by lord lucan riding Shergar 

32 minutes ago, costa said:

More to the point old lad  is the second tier of the game really the kind of league we want to be in if it’s full of stupid pricks like you.

50 minutes ago, costa said:

Bell end

Oops I thought this was the campanologist forum

Once again our board and coach show their class in adversity which is sadly not replicated by certain high profile figures within the game. This week has been a disgrace of epic proportions. We can't win tomorrow but I'd absolutely love it if we did !  Come on Town! !

I wonder if anyone at the club knows why the game is not being streamed anymore. Someone on Twitter asked Dave Parkinson, commentator on the app, why He replied he was just passing on the message and couldn’t talk about it. It sounds very strange and the more you hear the more you think we’ve been royally stitched up.

5 minutes ago, IanMac said:

I wonder if anyone at the club knows why the game is not being streamed anymore. Someone on Twitter asked Dave Parkinson, commentator on the app, why He replied he was just passing on the message and couldn’t talk about it. It sounds very strange and the more you hear the more you think we’ve been royally stitched up.

It’s a RFL thing as well isn’t it , so it smells a bit dodgy ? They obviously know it will not be a good look for them 

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It’s a RFL thing as well isn’t it , so it smells a bit dodgy ? They obviously know it will not be a good look for them 

Think the lads are gonna be fired up for this one for sure......just hope, like you've said David, that no one cops an injury......I do think there will be an aftermath for our club to deal with...........just having some bad feelings re what the RFL warlords might do?

The whole episode stinks,feel so sorry for the club, sponsors, bod,coach and fans. That all have put so much time, money in etc.. Been such a sad end to the season after such a good season.  Is there many fans going tomorrow to back the lads etc.

17 minutes ago, David69 said:

The whole episode stinks,feel so sorry for the club, sponsors, bod,coach and fans. That all have put so much time, money in etc.. Been such a sad end to the season after such a good season.  Is there many fans going tomorrow to back the lads etc.

Two buses I think and cars, the lads deserve our support. 

In the super dooper league final tonight the RFL couldn't even get the steps right as the players went for their medals they all kept tripping up. #couldntrunabrothel. 

1 minute ago, Hate the rec said:

Two buses I think and cars, the lads deserve our support. 

In the super dooper league final tonight the RFL couldn't even get the steps right as the players went for their medals they all kept tripping up. #couldntrunabrothel. 

See Tomkins trip and knees to the head ...I’m sure stern action will follow . You can’t attack the head fui was  told , even if it’s accidental it is reckless . Yeh right , we’ll see...

6 hours ago, costa said:

Imbecile. 

The way the RFL is run has nothing to do with Super League, it's the RFL that needs to change, that can only be initiated by the Championship clubs from within. Passed the Travellers this morning and saw the Townies boarding their bus, absolute dedication hope their journey is worthwhile and Town win against the odds. 

Good luck to the lads wearing the Town colours today. It has not been an easy journey this season made so much more difficult by the RFL and their late dash to pacify their SL paymasters and introduce new procedures so late in the season.  After watching this game of ours for 70 years I just cannot believe that the people in charge have shown so little regard for the lower echelons outside of SL.  Has anyone heard any comments from the new Cumbrian   Leader of the RFL, Mr Rimmer on this latest escapade?   No, I thought not, he will do well for his new “bosses”.  Good luck Town and come home safe.  

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

1 minute ago, Keith T said:

Good luck to the lads wearing the Town colours today. It has not been an easy journey this season made so much more difficult by the RFL and their late dash to pacify their SL paymasters and introduce new procedures so late in the season.  After watching this game of ours for 70 years I just cannot believe that the people in charge have shown so little regard for the lower echelons outside of SL.  Has anyone heard any comments from the new Cumbrian   Leader of the RFL, Mr Rimmer on this latest escapade?   No, I thought not, he will do well for his new “bosses”.  Good luck Town and come home safe.  

MODERATOR:Great to see you back on the Forum Keith,I can say for sure that all the Town Forum members wish you all the best in your recovery and hope to read a lot more of your posts in the future..UTT...

Archived