NZ Test Series - ticket sales

Given that the series against NZ starts in less than two weeks time has anybody seen any news from the RFL about how ticket sales are going at the three venues?

I have already paid for mine for all three by the way, but have yet to receive the actual tickets. No doubt they will be being sent out this week.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

If you go on the ticketing website you can hover over the individual blocks of the stadium plans and it tells you have many seats are still available, I can tell you KCOM cos I know the capacity of each stand. there are 9,744 (at time of writing) available in the bit that is open.  Plus on 5,000 for the upper west that is unopened and we get 14,744 not sold so that is only about 10,500 sold.  However there are some blocks in the lower west that arent open, anyone know whats thats about?? Im assuming it something to do with sponsors and officials and corporate bigwigs so if those tickets are in fact sold then probably around 13,000 or so but that is very approximate.  

8 minutes ago, cookey said:

What a surprise,after the Grand Final,how many tickets sold thread,the next day we get the NZ Series,how many tickets sold thread.No doubt another 20 pages of utter garbage.

Don’t read or post anything if the thread didn’t interest you then

1 hour ago, cookey said:

What a surprise,after the Grand Final,how many tickets sold thread,the next day we get the NZ Series,how many tickets sold thread.No doubt another 20 pages of utter garbage.

I'm just quoting this so you get a notification to make you open the thread again.

Like to suggest that a forum category for crowds and attendances is started while it is interesting how many people attend or dont attend certain games and the reasons why. It can also be very boring and bit like train spotting or bird watching and stamp collecting. It is also secondary to the game itself. Maybe with there own forum category crowd counters can all hang out there with like minded people.

1 hour ago, cookey said:

42 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I'm just quoting this so you get a notification to make you open the thread again.

Cracking idea Gav. 

I know there will be good crowds for these games. For the life of me I cannot understand why all sections of the ground aren't open. These are not 80k venues, we are looking to sell the lot out aren't we? WTF are we using this crazy strategy for? There is a brand new multi-million stand at Anfield and we are actively stopping people buying their preferred seats there.

On 10/14/2018 at 1:45 PM, kiwis 13 6 said:

Like to suggest that a forum category for crowds and attendances is started while it is interesting how many people attend or dont attend certain games and the reasons why. It can also be very boring and bit like train spotting or bird watching and stamp collecting. It is also secondary to the game itself. Maybe with there own forum category crowd counters can all hang out there with like minded people.

I started the thread as I am genuinely interested in what the attendaces will be. As you no doubt noted, I have ordered tickets for all three games so can reasonably be assumed to be pro internationals. Don't read into this anything that isn't actually intended.

If it doesn't interest you then don't follow the thread and, particularly, don't post on it.

Will you be attending, by the way?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

These discussions are already split into categories, they are called threads.

The title is very clear, it is hard to stumble onto this thread by accident.

Last series got 92k. Anything below that is an outright failure. Moderate success would be breaking 100k, success would be 3 sellouts.

If they don't beat the last series which had a game in London then They want sacking.

6 hours ago, Scubby said:

I know there will be good crowds for these games. For the life of me I cannot understand why all sections of the ground aren't open. These are not 80k venues, we are looking to sell the lot out aren't we? WTF are we using this crazy strategy for? There is a brand new multi-million stand at Anfield and we are actively stopping people buying their preferred seats there.

If you look at the sections open, as opposed to those that are clearly closed, at Anfield, and click on the indifividual sections, I would wager there are comfortably less than 10,000 seats sold so far. What does the RFL expect changing dates and hardly marketing it.

7489ABB9-8096-4977-90C8-4363065E6AF6.jpeg

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

8 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

If you look at the sections open, as opposed to those that are clearly closed, at Anfield, and click on the indifividual sections, I would wager there are comfortably less than 10,000 seats sold so far. What does the RFL expect changing dates and hardly marketing it.

7489ABB9-8096-4977-90C8-4363065E6AF6.jpeg

Only marketing I’ve seen is on the back of buses for the Leeds game. I also had a leaflet for the Leeds game posted to me it didn’t say anything about any other games or where they are

25 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Last series got 92k. Anything below that is an outright failure. Moderate success would be breaking 100k, success would be 3 sellouts.

If they don't beat the last series which had a game in London then They want sacking.

If they don’t break 100k, Dutton should be gone... Hull and Leeds should sell out being right bang in the heartlands. Liverpool should be a massive draw but frankly ticket sales currently are pathetic. We are expecting to shift 750k tickets in 2021... not a chance as this lot are not learning any lessons.

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Given that the series against NZ starts in less than two weeks time has anybody seen any news from the RFL about how ticket sales are going at the three venues?

I have already paid for mine for all three by the way, but have yet to receive the actual tickets. No doubt they will be being sent out this week.

Got mine from a bloke in Hull.  Comes with a free pint.

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

If they don’t break 100k, Dutton should be gone... Hull and Leeds should sell out being right bang in the heartlands. Liverpool should be a massive draw but frankly ticket sales currently are pathetic. We are expecting to shift 750k tickets in 2021... not a chance as this lot are not learning any lessons.

Dutton? It’s not even his bag! 

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

8 hours ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

Let's cut to the quick, K 13 6!  Just what's wrong with train-spotting, bird-watching and stamp-collecting?  I used to do the first and last in my youth and thoroughly enjoyed them!  I still like bird-watching, which, of course, you can do all the time - even when watching a boring RL match!

31 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Let's cut to the quick, K 13 6!  Just what's wrong with train-spotting, bird-watching and stamp-collecting?  I used to do the first and last in my youth and thoroughly enjoyed them!  I still like bird-watching, which, of course, you can do all the time - even when watching a boring RL match!

If you like them fair enough maybe thats the key to boosting crowds by double marketing rugby league at stamp collecting events. Put Posters all around Town Come watch this weeks rugby league game you can see trains go by from the stadium and birds watching at other end of the ground when the balls not in play. Boom attendances are skyrocketing then the genius's at the RFL could double market games with watching the grass grow and paint drying at the stadium to send attendances to the next level and through the stratosphere, giving crowd counters more people in the crowd to count everyone wins :).

London get promoted to Super League and there is no major international there to support the game for 4 years (2020 at the earliest). You cannot run an international game by having every other home autumn off. How the hell are you going to shift 750,000 tickets for 2021? It was a million 2 years ago and will be 500k by the time the tournament comes around. 

Trying to get a NZ test series sold out on the cheap by having all three along the M62 is as tight arsed as it comes. 

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Yes, rightly indignant - I used to do the first and last if you allow me to exchange the former for bus-spotting. 

...and all these hobbies are precursors to seat counting anyway.

Archived