Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

NZ Test Series - ticket sales

Reading some of the comments on here about the state of the area around Anfield does make me wonder whether certain posters have actually been to many SL grounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonM said:

Reading some of the comments on here about the state of the area around Anfield does make me wonder whether certain posters have actually been to many SL grounds.

Exactly. I've been to hundreds of sports grounds. Only RU grounds tend to be in the nicer part of town. Used to be an Anfield regular, albeit 30+ years ago, and don't recall the area being any ghastlier than the likes of Belle Vue, HKR (the 'new' place), Thrum Hall and The Willows (who can forget, on visits to Salford, the underfoot crunch of broken glass?).

If I go to the Anfield Test, I'll be on my lonesome (nobody else I know wants to come). Looking at the tickets website, and the acres of unsold main stand seats, it could be a very solitary experience!

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Damien said:

Sorry I really don't get this attitude. Other sports play countries which they are going to flog with no embarrassment. England don't always have to play NZ and Australia and there is nothing wrong with England playing a lesser team and winning. A winning team sells too rather than people watching on FTA always seeing us lose against Australia and sometimes NZ. If you hide it away and don't tell anyone about it then don't be surprised when no one turns up.

Your attitude sums up pretty much exactly why this match shouldn't have been played on a Wednesday night in Leigh, namely that RL fans like you have no interest in it. I knew this would be the case the moment the RFL announced it and in some ways it's understandable. The RFL certainly should have realised this too. However it would have been a perfect match to play at a smaller venue in London or even Kingston Park in Newcastle, if we really had to go down the small 10k stadium route, to support the good work going on there and promote the game. France are still a fairly glamorous Rugby name and can be a good sell outside the heartlands. Even better it should have been played in France with a probable 15k+ crowd in Avignon or Toulouse.

Yeh winning is good, against opposition capable of providing a respectable level of competition. Only the most rusted on of hardest of hardcore Rugby League people could possibly enjoy that or believe it is a good advert for the international game.

The first half was bad enough, the second half appalling as it was patently obvious both teams just wanted it to end, I do agree that the fixture belongs in France in the short to medium term..

4 hours ago, Damien said:

Well I was in the top tier so God only knows what the bottom tier must be like. The top tier must also have passed whatever applicable regulations in the 90s extension or not.

It passed in 1992 but wouldn’t have done much later, even then things like entrances were a bit iffy but got through because they were dictated by being part of the older structure.

There is nothing they can do about it now though as making concourses, entrances and stairways big enough for today’s standards would require demolishing the structure and starting again. 

• Like 1

A call for help. 3 tickets bought on 22/11/2017 have not turned up.

Call number as stated on ticket confirmation only to find it is Ticketmaster with a premium call charge. So I am paying them for their incompetence.

Referred to RFL website...no option to query tickets or contact details.

Can somebody tell me who to contact. Thanks.

Why do the RFL wait 11 months to send out tickets and instruct me to wait until 48 hours before kick off to chase them!

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

Call number as stated on ticket confirmation only to find it is Ticketmaster with a premium call charge. So I am paying them for their incompetence.

Why do the RFL wait 11 months to send out tickets and instruct me to wait until 48 hours before kick off to chase them!

Ring the RFL and they will generate 3 more tickets for you to pick up at the stadium on matchday. Not ideal but at least you will get to the match

• Like 1

Thanks Mattrhino that's what I hoped but fear the pick up will be horrendous.

But that number is Ticketmaster, a premium call charge line and then refers you to the RFL, after stretching the call out!

Anybody have another number direct to the RFL?

13 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

But that number is Ticketmaster, a premium call charge line and then refers you to the RFL, after stretching the call out!

How about 666??

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

Send an email to Ticketing@rfl.co.uk . You will get sorted. Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, stevereed100 said:

Try this RFL general enquiries 0330 111 111

• Thanks 1

I once tried to buy tickets to the Magic weekend from Australia. It was a total pain and I had to call internationally and arrange for the paper tickets to be held in a store a short walk from the stadium. Fortunately it all worked out but it made me appreciate how easy we have it in Australia and how frustrating it must be for you guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

Send an email to Ticketing@rfl.co.uk . You will get sorted. Hope that helps.

lol, they won't do dick except to tell you to ring their premium phone number if your tickets don't arrive within 48 hours of kick off, they don't respond on any social media platform.

I got mine the day before I travelled thank #### otherwise they'd be getting a nice little letter from a county court. That's me done for internationals, the RFL can go float.

Utter disgrace to the sport!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Steve I could be wrong, but I think it goes to Ticket master if out of office hours. Maybe try after 9am this morning and I think you may get through to RFL

7 hours ago, Copa said:

....... how frustrating it must be for you guys.

For the vast majority of buyers, it all works very well. Ordered mine a week  ago  and they turned up on Wednesday. Thousands of others have their tickets with no problems.

It seems to me that the problem is the unsatisfactory way they handle the exceptions. Getting annoyed at the RFL is not necessarily the best way to get resolution...nor is using the situation to ride the anti-RFL anti-Rimmer hobby horse a solution. There are plenty of ways to contact the RFL.

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

On 10/24/2018 at 8:41 PM, bobbruce said:

Who’s going to tell him they’ve moved that game to Sunday. 

Yes that didn't go down too well either. At least it was easy to extend the hotel booking and Sunday night is comparatively cheap. 

Hull tickets arrived on Wednesday I'm pleased to say but it's still a ridiculously close to the event 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Id like to know if you have to provide your own bricks to put under your car wheels after your tyres have been stolen.

I do wonder how all those Liverpool FC fans manage, losing parts of their cars every week. Or maybe it's no worse than Hull.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

All this stereotyping of Liverpool and Hull from souls in leafy posh boroughs? I can say that in Birmingham they steal your car before they go for the wheels!

I have yet to see a car in Hull with no wheels, at least not in East Hull.

The wheels might have come off west of the River though recently!

48 minutes ago, Damien said:

You really shouldn't have to phone a premium rate number to sort out issues that are entirely the RFL's making.

Quite right: No you shouldn't. Agreed, hence my point about the unsatisfactory way they handle the exceptions.  However, there are other means of contacting the RFL and other ways of going about it, and other ways the RFL have of going about it.

Four legs good - two legs bad

8 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

lol, they won't do dick except to tell you to ring their premium phone number if your tickets don't arrive within 48 hours of kick off, they don't respond on any social media platform.

I got mine the day before I travelled thank #### otherwise they'd be getting a nice little letter from a county court. That's me done for internationals, the RFL can go float.

Utter disgrace to the sport!

So your argument is you got your tickets within the required timeframe to suit your personal circumstance, therefore the sports is a disgrace and you will no longer watch international matches?

Help me out here. What am I missing?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3