Rugby Leagues 7 year plan

13 minutes ago, Defender1 said:

We are well into the RL’s 7 year plan looking at the numerous topics on here where does everyone think the game is, IMO the game is falling behind many of its objectives I suppose Nigel Wood will get the blame and will it just be brushed under the carpet?

http://media.rugby-league.com/docs/RFL-Rugby%20League%20Strategic%20Plan%202014-2021.pdf

By, that was a good laugh, I think your assumptions may well be correct, slight problem that Rimmer's fingerprints will be all over that, might be best to claim that the Russian's infiltrated Red Hall and contaminated the water supply with hallucionary drugs when that was being compiled.

15 hours ago, Clogiron said:

By, that was a good laugh, I think your assumptions may well be correct, slight problem that Rimmer's fingerprints will be all over that, might be best to claim that the Russian's infiltrated Red Hall and contaminated the water supply with hallucionary drugs when that was being compiled.

That was me. 

Sold out major national and International events delivering spectacular entertainment for supporters and viewers. 

What’s our biggest national events? The Challenge Cup Final, the Grand Final and Magic Weekend, though we could see a fourth major event if the Challenge Cup Semi-Final double header is to be repeated. 

The Challenge Cup Final attendances have dropped year-by-year since 2015, from 80,140 in 2015 to 50,672 in 2018. That’s a 37% decrease in four years. That’s alarming, regardless of who took part in the Final this year. Even taking out 2018’s figure, 2017 saw an attendance of 68,525 and that was contested by the most successful team in this country and the team with the third highest average attendance in 2017. A resounding failure in this department then.

The Grand Final? From 73,512 in 2015 between Leeds and Wigan to 64,892 in 2018, with the only increase in attendance in that time was 2017 when a new team, Castleford, reaches the Final, when there was an increase of 2,625 on the crowd the before. So that’s another failure. 

Magic Weekend? 67,841 in Year 1 in Newcastle was followed up by 68,276 in Year 2 but then comes the downturn. Year 3 saw 65,407 and Year 4, even with an extra game, saw 64,319 over the two days. That’s 0/3 then. 

International Rugby League? Well, we haven’t created any kind of legacy since the 2013 Rugby League World Cup and the International game appears to be broken as only New Zealand seem keen to play England. We’ve had a failed bid at cracking America with less than 20,000 watching an International game.

Spectacular entertainment for both supporters and viewers? That’s subjective, obviously. We’ve had some good games in the above tournaments but that’s a hard one to measure for me. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

International Rugby League? Well, we haven’t created any kind of legacy since the 2013 Rugby League World Cup and the International game appears to be broken as only New Zealand seem keen to play England. We’ve had a failed bid at cracking America with less than 20,000 watching an International game.

There’s no joined up planning, play a WC game in Bristol but never go back and then we let a team from Toronto play in our system but play a test in Denver. Nothing makes sense.

Im not confident in this years test selling out at any venue I think that’s to do with marketing and playing NZ again

That’s the thing you look at most things, participation, revenue, sky figures are all down as well as the ones mentioned. We have a professional document like this which realistically is a business plan and we get no comments from the RFL. If Mr Rimmer is going to blame Mr Wood you think he would be doing it now and trying to resolve the failings before it is too late, keep going like we are and there won’t be a game

Archived