• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12
    • England by 1 to 6
    • Draw
    • France by 1 to 6
    • France by 7 to 12
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/18 at 18:45

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hullfan said:

Apologies if I've missed this elsewhere, but is the midweek game televised?? 

Not televised but is live in OuRLeague. The RFL/England social media seem to be very keen at pointing this out, possibly more so than actually encouraging people to turn up to watch...

21 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Its shameful how this was not on Saturday and on BBC at 3pm for the 12 year old Me to watch and decide they want to play and watch it despite being in the South. Makes no sense . Lousy RFL.

It does seem very strange timing . Players unavailable and virtually no PR to it 

The reality is that if this was played in France it would pull in an audience - played in the UK its a glorified practice session

I’m in Devon and would like to go but mid week is poor by any stretch - a weekend to cover some BBC blank space would have been good but i guess the RFL just don’t want empty seats and its just not the event it should be

If we dont support these things they wont grow and we haven’t supported the France matches for years more is the pity 

Surely could get 10,000+ to a test in London with some marketing to League fans in the south and the London french community of 250,000 according to wikipedia. Why is it not televised? why is it in Leigh for the 4th time? why mid week after a grand final? What about other northern towns and cities starved of top flight Rugby league who don't have a side in Super League. Game could easily get 10,000 to 15,000 if held in France at Perpignan, Toulouse or Avignon. I dont like being negative about the game but RFL administrators in the UK are very bizarre and lack vision, planing & marketing skills! I Really hope the French come to play and give English administrators a wake up call. 

1 hour ago, Southerner said:

I assume none of the Grand Final players will play in this one?

That's what Bennett said yesterday, in a BBC interview.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The fact that this game is being played at ground with 10k capacity and only having half the stadium opened, now offering 1/2 priced tickets is a bit embarrassing. Its also a bit damaging to the England RL brand and it comes down to the organizers, last year we had over 2k watched England play a warm up game in Perth (non rugby league area) mid week against a local amateur team with zero publicity, but the organizers of this game cant get 5k against another test playing country with tickets at 10 pound each in whats meant to be RL heartland. The mind boggles ?  

15 minutes ago, Balmain1969 said:

The fact that this game is being played at ground with 10k capacity and only having half the stadium opened, now offering 1/2 priced tickets is a bit embarrassing. Its also a bit damaging to the England RL brand and it comes down to the organizers, last year we had over 2k watched England play a warm up game in Perth (non rugby league area) mid week against a local amateur team with zero publicity, but the organizers of this game cant get 5k against another test playing country with tickets at 10 pound each in whats meant to be RL heartland. The mind boggles ?  

This situation shows the gross incompetence of the RFL. It should never have been played at LSV. It should have been played at a Super League club stadium at Hull, Wigan, St Helens, Warrington, Huddersfield, or Leeds.

Yeah the RFL really does come up with acts of jaw droppingly aggressive incompetence at times. The lack of accountability is astonishing. To promote from within after the last Muppet left is really a slap in the face of fans who hoped for an improvement. Honestly, is there any wonder Super League is clutching for as much independence as possible from a rabble that treats it's only close rival like this? I really hope France win this - and believe they actually just might.

Maybe they had to balance the horizon broadening optimism of Denver with something at the other end of the scale. This is off the chart on the small time, negative, mediocre-o-meter. A more comfortable position for RL. Small ground, regional town, mid-week, no TV, understrength teams, minimal promotion. It’s a full house in RFL bingo. Only thing missing is a late date/time change.

12 minutes ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Maybe they had to balance the horizon broadening optimism of Denver with something at the other end of the scale. This is off the chart on the small time, negative, mediocre-o-meter. A more comfortable position for RL. Small ground, regional town, mid-week, no TV, understrength teams, minimal promotion. It’s a full house in RFL bingo. Only thing missing is a late date/time change.

There's still time for a date/time change. A move to Featherstone on Thursday?

44 minutes ago, ghost crayfish said:

Yeah the RFL really does come up with acts of jaw droppingly aggressive incompetence at times.

Its hard to see how our game can succeed with these people in charge at times. Its like they are spys from RU here to destroy from with in (I don't actually believe that but still .. it boggles the mind that someone can be that bad not on purpose)

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/53757/richie-myler-called-into-england-squad

England: Bateman (Wigan), G Burgess (South Sydney), T Burgess (South Sydney), Clark (Warrington), Connor (Hull FC), Gildart (Wigan), Graham (St George Illawarra), Greenwood (Wigan), Hill (Warrington), Hodgson (Canberra), Johnstone (Wakefield), Lomax (St Helens), Lyne (Wakefield), McGillvary (Huddersfield), Makinson (St Helens), Milner (Castleford), Myler (Leeds), O’Loughlin (Wigan), Percival (St Helens), Ratchford (Warrington), Thompson (St Helens), Tomkins (Wigan), Whitehead (Canberra), Williams (Wigan).

England players not available for France game because of involvement in Super League Grand Final: Bateman, Gildart, Greenwood, O’Loughlin, Tomkins, Williams (all Wigan); Clark, Hill, Ratchford (all Warrington).

England Knights players called into England squad for France game: Handley (Leeds), Holmes (Castleford), Mulhern (Hull KR), Shaul (Hull FC), Sutcliffe (Leeds), Whitley (Widnes).

I’d have played this in Bristol or Coventry if these places are in the running for a RLWC21 game(s). Attract new money and fans using the England RL team - it wouldn’t matter if England thumped France; people would enjoy it... sick of the small time approach.

1. J Lomax

2. J McGillvary

3. R Lyne

4. M Percival

5. T Makinson

6. J Connor

7. R Myler

8. G Burgess

9. J Hodgson

10. J Graham

11. O Holmes

12. E Whitehead

13. A Milner

14. T Burgess

15. L Thompson

16. R Mulhern

17. L Sutcliffe

18. T Johnstone

19. J Shaul

20. M. Whitley

21. A Handley

Something like this? I haven't seen all that much Super League this year but would I be right in saying there's a few "handout" England caps there?

Archived