2019 squad.

mickhornet

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/20/2018 at 12:54 AM, gandalf said:

Thanks for supporting my right to say what I think. I think Mr Wild has got his knickers in a twist over a pretty innocuous statement. 

Unfortunately dissent from the party line is frowned on at the Lions. Everything is rosy all the time...

I am interested in spending at all Rugby clubs not least my own. 

BTW I enjoy the Rochdale forum - hope you don't mind me posting occasionally folks. 

I too being an oldhamer like to frequent Rochdales forum as I do many others. I can't see the problem in  having an opinion regardless of what other people think,its a free country supposedly. You keep posting wherever and whenever you want mate as long as it's within totalrl guide lines. Happy posting.

3 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I too being an oldhamer like to frequent Rochdales forum as I do many others. I can't see the problem in  having an opinion regardless of what other people think,its a free country supposedly. You keep posting wherever and whenever you want mate as long as it's within totalrl guide lines. Happy posting.

Everybody is welcome just as long as they don't get abusive.

Liam Carberry, experienced loose forward. ...added from Haven

Squad shaping up very well indeed.

Backs:

Dec Kay, Ben Morris, Seta Tala, Paddy Flynn, Danny Price, 

Shaun Ainscough, Elliott Jenkins

Hooker/utility: 

Ben Moores, Stu Howarth, Dec Gregory, Scott Moore

Forwards:

Lee Mitchell, Joe Ryan, Carl Forster, Mike Weldon, Ryan Millington,

Jack Cottington, Ellis Gillam, Liam Carberry

Played for Swinton season before last, was excellent although needed to work on his fitness with joining us half way through the season 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

So how do all your hornets fans feel about the squad? Shaping up nicely?

What else do you need on the playing front?

You had quite a bit of exposure in the national press re Scott Moore. Full page in the Mirror a couple of days ago. Might bring a few extra people along to watch and journo's.

17 hours ago, glemiln said:

Liam Carberry, experienced loose forward. ...added from Haven

Squad shaping up very well indeed.

Backs:

Shaun Ainscough, Elliott Jenkins

Hooker/utility: 

Ben Moores, Stu Howarth, Dec Gregory, Scott Moore

Forwards:

Jack Cottington, Ellis Gillam, Liam Carberry

Have we got a recognized goal kicker amongst the squad so far ?

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2018 at 11:38 AM, mickhornet said:

Wont know until the season gets going every so called pundit has us bottom or second bottom of the league.Hopefully they will be proved wrong.

We will have to wait to see how this Whitedale or Rochaven team do against the "owd enemy", I will reserve my judgment till then.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

55 minutes ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

We will have to wait to see how this Whitedale or Rochaven team do against the "owd enemy", I will reserve my judgment till then.

Yeah, losing against them last season told me we were in for a really tough season.  No disrespect to Oldham but a team in a higher division playing at home should be winning games like that. This time around I'm not expecting anything, especially with us playing away.

• 4 weeks later...

Festivities and hangovers over (maybe) and counting down to the "friendlies" and the new season....hopefully, less of a nail biter than 2018.  Sponsorship, pre-season training and general club activity have been encouraging....so hopefully more news on the squad available for the start.  19 players now - as far as I know - plus any that may be currently on trial,  but certainly insufficient come the season proper.  Dual reg. with Wolves will add a few.   Updates, anyone?

Shaun Ainscough, Elliott Jenkins, Dan Abram, Callum Wood

Ben Moores, Stu Howarth, Dec Gregory, Scott Moore.

Jack Cottington, Ellis Gillam, Liam Carberry, Nathan Reidy

Reports were indicating he would sign for Leigh. Welcome to the Nets and let’s hope he will continue his prolific goal kicking and replicate Crooky’s feats.  Ironically, he had a spell with Sarina Crocodiles in Queensland who were coached by Alan Kilshaw at the time.  Welcome too, Lee Durant as team manager. 

The club is reshaping well - interesting times ahead.

Archived