2019 squad.

mickhornet

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last season we signed quite a few players without championship experience and it showed. this season we look to be going down the same route. it does not inspire me with confidence.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Went to watch Batley and Hunslet yesterday - Ben Heaton another Rochdale lad played really well in a poor Hunslet team who will be playing in the division below this season - would have been nice to see him in a Hornets shirt 

Think we have a good mix with Scott Moore , Howarth, Ainscough, Flynn and Forster having super league experience they will give us the leadership and guile  we having been missing

Morris , Jenkins ,Weldon come from Super League academy.

Gillam and Abram  all got good reports last season for their performances .

Lets be positive and get behind the team.

Lets be positive and get behind the team.

Absolutely!   Carl has the luxury of knowing the ex-Haven lads, but it will take some intensive match play to get them fully integrated with existing and new players.  There are many positives coming out of the club too.  Hopefully, we can get a good start to what will be another very tough season. Bring it on.

It’s all still up in the air for me at the minute, there are some quite impressive experienced names in the squad as well as some promising young talent. I’m hopeful the coach can get them playing and that we have enough size and aggression which is what I think we have lacked for a while now

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:36 PM, Gavinr said:

Went to watch Batley and Hunslet yesterday - Ben Heaton another Rochdale lad played really well in a poor Hunslet team who will be playing in the division below this season - would have been nice to see him in a Hornets shirt 

What happened with Joe ? I see he got the first go at the bath water. He was an aggressive tackler and runner but not one to get involved with dafties like Moore. 

Just a bit of a punch up between the two which was instigated my Moore resulting in two very soft red cards if you ask me - games gone soft - two yellows would have been sufficient, ruined the game to be honest 

Hornets sign two more, Callum Wood an England under 19s representative and Nathan Reidy from Wigan Warriors.

No information about the positions these lads play was given in the announcement. 

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

On 1/7/2019 at 1:36 PM, Gavinr said:

I like Ben I think he would do a great job for us. I heard Carl tried to sign him, but he wanted more than Hornets could afford.

Like the thinking behind Lee Durrant’s appointment, I hope this is to help attract and scout local players. I think we only have Seta and Brandon Wood.

Maybe a few Mayfield players will do well om Saturday and Hornets pick up 1 or 2. I’m still positive about the season and nice to see positive things happening

Archived