Jamie to London?

Isn't he banned for most of the season already?

Or can they knock off pre-season games?

From what I have read he is a thug and the club would be seriously prejudicing it's hard earned image by employing him.

We have plenty of good young props.

8 minutes ago, Leonard said:

From what I have read he is a thug and the club would be seriously prejudicing it's hard earned image by employing him.

We have plenty of good young props.

I prefer unrestrained enthusiasm.

Maybe he just needs the right guidance.

Sign with a good behaviour bond, let him work wonders for the first half of the season and give him the option of picking up his P45 for the second if he’s naughty? 

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

He can do it somewhere else.

It's not like he has been caught just the once.

Broncos aren't a care in the community organisation and it's not like he is Andy Platt.

Well, geographically, Acton is right next door to Ealing...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Didn't he potentially end someone's career this season? a young lad?

Wigan seem to be willing to prostitute themselves for any basket case at the moment.

His terrible disciplinary record means that even if he were to clean up his act he wouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt on marginal decisions by referees or the RFL judiciary. He's also prone to losing the ball in contact. I'm suprised he's attracting Super League interest, perhaps there isn't a lot of quality out there at the moment.

34 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Well, geographically, Acton is right next door to Ealing...

IIRC Jamie Acton went to school at St Benedict's - right around the corner from Trailfinders.

But I can't see Danny Ward wanting this guy anywhere near the club. He's all about the team, the club, working together as a whole. A headcase like Acton really isn't his type of player.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

2 minutes ago, newbe said:

Good player, just needs a older head around to keep the red mist in check. Off the pitch a real gent. 

He can buddy-up with Ben Flower at the humbles. What could possibly go wrong?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

5 hours ago, newbe said:

Good player, just needs a older head around to keep the red mist in check. Off the pitch a real gent. 

The problem is when he's on the pitch. Plenty owd heads tried helping him. But the brainfarts are much too common. I hope he gets another gig and can better himself. But history says not.

Thing is Actons on field issues gets him banned so often that if he does change his ways he will struggle as hes not played a full season in years.

Hes not a very fit lad.

If any club takes a gamble on him then good luck ..A shame he wasn't about in the 80s , if so Sorrenson Skerrett, Boyd Pike Cotterell Haggerty Fieldhouse to name a few would have had him on toast..And to be fair most of the above named played 80 minutes , not skulking off after 20 for a breather......  

4 minutes ago, Thunder Road said:

Thing is Actons on field issues gets him banned so often that if he does change his ways he will struggle as hes not played a full season in years.

Hes not a very fit lad.

If any club takes a gamble on him then good luck ..A shame he wasn't about in the 80s , if so Sorrenson Skerrett, Boyd Pike Cotterell Haggerty Fieldhouse to name a few would have had him on toast..And to be fair most of the above named played 80 minutes , not skulking off after 20 for a breather......  

Add Ward to that illustrious list

Archived