Swinton squad news for 2019 season

Gerrumonside ref

I really hope we get a decent pair of half backs because that has been the issue for me last season, relying of DR for those two vital positions was a disaster - not when the DR players were in the side - but rather when they were available.

Looks like lots of players are moving around championship clubs, seems like Sheffield have come into money !!

Hope we can retain / build a decent squad for 2019.

12 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Matthew Shaw reckons Swinton are on the verge of signing player of the year of a local rival.

Could be Billy Brickhill... a hooker/loose forward from Rochdale. In 2016 he was North Wales’ young player of the year, in 2017 he was All Golds’ supporters player of the year and this year he was Rochdale’s young player of the year. He’s not the biggest but he’s probably one of the fittest players outside of Super League. Never takes a backward step. He’s good friends with Chris Worrall as well - they were both in the All Golds side in 2017. 

On 10/24/2018 at 1:41 PM, wayne_r said:

I really hope we get a decent pair of half backs because that has been the issue for me last season, relying of DR for those two vital positions was a disaster - not when the DR players were in the side - but rather when they were available.

Looks like lots of players are moving around championship clubs, seems like Sheffield have come into money !!

Hope we can retain / build a decent squad for 2019.

Club have announced signing of half back Rob Fairclough from St Helens.

https://swintonlionsrlfc.co.uk/news/fairclough-signs-permanent-contract-lions/

Gavin Benion has been released by Salford - he would be a great addition to the squad - I guess he would go back to Hornets before Swinton ?

We have done really  well getting Hatton and Brickhill from Hornets.

I was told that Ben White (now back from OZ) has signed for Halifax - if true that's disappointing as he was such an integral part of the team till his sojourn in Australia :(

4 hours ago, wayne_r said:

Gavin Benion has been released by Salford - he would be a great addition to the squad - I guess he would go back to Hornets before Swinton ?

I was told that Ben White (now back from OZ) has signed for Halifax - if true that's disappointing as he was such an integral part of the team till his sojourn in Australia :(

Confirmed now, how do you rate him? Always looked decent when I saw him play.

On 11/6/2018 at 9:56 AM, wayne_r said:

Gavin Bennion has signed according to the official website.

https://swintonlionsrlfc.co.uk/news/bennion-signs-for-the-lions/

Archived