27 Oct: England v New Zealand KO 2.30pm (BBC TV)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/10/18 at 13:30

I really hope the NZ team turn up for this series and put in the effort they seem to reserve for the Aussies, the last couple of 'Tours' they have made to these shores have not completely convinced me that they have had 100% commitment, there has been a lot of vibes of a new dawn under Micheal Maguire's leadership, I hope they proove it to be so.

Hoping for a great series, and an England victory in a full on competitive nothing asked or given battle of skill and attrition.

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I really hope the NZ team turn up for this series and put in the effort they seem to reserve for the Aussies, the last couple of 'Tours' they have made to these shores have not completely convinced me that they have had 100% commitment, there has been a lot of vibes of a new dawn under Micheal Maguire's leadership, I hope they proove it to be so.

Hoping for a great series, and an England victory in a full on competitive nothing asked or given battle of skill and attrition.

Looking at them v Aus, they will be full of confidence and no doubt it will be a tough battle. 

I've gone for a close score to England.  If Widdop and SB had been fit, I think we'd be favourites, but without him its pretty even. 

Some very good players missing for England but We have some very capable replacements for most.

The big one is Widdop. One of the best in the world in his position and at the peak of his career. Bennett has to get the 6 and 7 combination right and playing well for an Englad win. The team list will be very interesting and I will wait for the announcements before making any prediction.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

44 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Maguire must be up for it even if nobody else is.

Maguire brings discipline and structure to the Kiwis, which they didn't have under the inexperienced Kidwell. Hoping for an epic series.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If Widdop had been fit especially i would fancy us to win quite comfortably . Losing him and Big Sam is a big blow , among a few other WC regulars . They’ve lost RTS as well , but I think our major absentees will make it closer series . Looking at it though I still think we should have enough on home soil . Johnson is obviously the main threat through which everything will eminate , among a side which carries threat , but I’ll go for us 2-1

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Couldn’t get a NRL ref over ? 

You know I'm not sure that Hicks refffing is good or bad, whenever we have home refs especially against Aus but it seems to apply also with NZ, our refs seemingly are to wary of being percieved to favour the country of their birth, they appear to go with favouring the opposition on most if not all of the 50/50 calls they have to make for fear of reprisals against them.

Interesting match-up, I'm not sure which way it will go. The Kiwi outside backs will be a handfull and maybe that extra zip will get them home in a close one. Eng 10 - 14 NZ

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

6 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Who owns the International broadcast rights? It was advertised on watchnrl but its since gone from their listings. 

No idea. Fox League have it for Aus and L'Equipe for France.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

No idea. Fox League have it for Aus and L'Equipe for France.

FOX League should be watch NRL shouldn't it, but they've confirmed that they're not showing it, despite advertising it earlier in the week.

Will try and look at the FOX Sport channels i have, but suspect they wont show it, so it's VPN on the laptop sadly.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

21 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

England are always competitive at home, even against Australia. The Kiwis will be trying, don't doubt that. The international standard now is much more even. Widdop must be a big loss for England.

Archived